Treasure at Tampines

Forever84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singapore developers sound alarm as oversupply of apartments threatens property prices
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/3040333/singapore-developers-sound-alarm-oversupply-apartments

What a joke, seriously. I was laughing when I saw the headlines. They are the ones who bidded agressively for enbloc land and now they are worried about oversupply and expect the government to come to their rescue? :o

I don't think they hoping for a rescue, they just hoping MAS don't hammer them with another CM :)

The index sure up again this month after Holland V new launch

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think they hoping for a rescue, they just hoping MAS don't hammer them with another CM :)

The index sure up again this month after Holland V new launch

I think this make sense. Cause cannot be developers asking government not to release so many land sites??

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some idea as to where and when to buy if you want to make loss or profit.

If you are using your own money, any winnings or losses are from your pocket. Good Luck!

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/unit-ritz-carlton-residences-sees-19-mil-loss

One transaction under the most profitable transaction caught my eye, the one at Windy heights bought in 2015 sold in 2019, profit 760k. Windy height was one of those that “almost” en bloc, on the list of profitable transactions, Spanish village also came close to enbloc, these two could be the next one in the next enbloc cycle.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, Sentosa cove (luxury status) selling at 1,3xx psf. Just take ocr like Florence or Parc Clementis going for 1,700 psf or WR (RCR) already launched at 2,000 psf???
(For consistency, I used 99 y lh for comparison.)

Sentosa cove at 13xxpsf, same psf as treasure at Tampines. :s13: :s13:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good point👍🏻

For same psf one pays for Tampines, one can actually buy Sentosa cove...district number 1.

But sentosa may not be ideal for families with school going kids, unless they have a chauffeur to drive them out to school daily. Sentosa seems like an island of its own no doubt it’s considered CCR area, tampines in comparison would be more liveable in the sense it has amenities around- schools, malls, and medical care facilities.

Perhaps that explains the drop in prices in sentosa.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Good point************************************

For same psf one pays for Tampines, one can actually buy Sentosa cove...district number 1.

And the best part is, the quantum at berth by the cove at Sentosa for some units is not really high. :s13: :s13:
But honestly to stay in Sentosa is also quite sian la, Everyday got to drive in and out to main land to work.

tlHodp4.jpg

Last edited:

Clazav

Reaction score
You will realise every location has its fair share of fans. I think the Pasir Ris residences will launch at at least 1700psf, despite its low bidded price, and its sale will still be good. Please don't say I'm talking up the market, it is purely based on how I see the take up rate of skgr and its price. Also, the last Pasir Ris project was some time ago (not including those in loyang).

But sentosa may not be ideal for families with school going kids, unless they have a chauffeur to drive them out to school daily. Sentosa seems like an island of its own no doubt it’s considered CCR area, tampines in comparison would be more liveable in the sense it has amenities around- schools, malls, and medical care facilities.

Perhaps that explains the drop in prices in sentosa.

Clazav

Reaction score
If sengkang has this kinda of sale, I think Pasir Ris can too. The only difference is that district 19 has more upgrades from bto mopped than district 18.

You will realise every location has its fair share of fans. I think the Pasir Ris residences will launch at at least 1700psf, despite its low bidded price, and its sale will still be good. Please don't say I'm talking up the market, it is purely based on how I see the take up rate of skgr and its price. Also, the last Pasir Ris project was some time ago (not including those in loyang).

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

Most of my friends who stayed in Pasir Ris, Tampines area are secretly waiting and hoping the Pasir Ris central plot will be launched at 14xx-15xxpsf based on its Low bid price. Not sure they will be disappointed if this one is going to launch close to SKG psf. Lol

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
URA Caveat for Sengkang grand Nov 2019, 191 units sold at $17xx psf.
Dec 1-8, 0 sold.

Sold unit breakdown:
> 70 units of one bedders (37%)
> 89 units of Two bedders (46%)
> 32 units of 3/4 bedders (17%)

Demographic of young families from newly MOP D19 & D28 BTOs probably upgrade to 1 & 2 bedders in Sengkang Grand.

ZOV8IVq.jpg

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
URA Caveat for Sengkang grand Nov 2019, 191 units sold at $17xx psf.
Dec 1-8, 0 sold.

Sold unit breakdown:
> 70 units of one bedders (37%)
> 89 units of Two bedders (46%)
> 32 units of 3/4 bedders (17%)

Demographic of young families from newly MOP D19 & D28 BTOs probably upgrade to 1 & 2 bedders in Sengkang Grand.

I doubt those who bought 1 bedder are families of 4. Families of 4 may at least go for 3 bedder.
May not be a wise choice. It’s consider a downgrade in space if they still stick to same district. Unless they are moving to somewhere more convenient than their previous flat or RCR/CCR then it’s consider upgrade for convenience reason.

Last edited:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm yeah Probably investors bought the 1 bedders for rental income or singles or young couple without kid/1 young kid.

Not sure bout other condos but the condo I’m staying I’ve seen quite a number of family squeezing in 1 bedder.
Take my level as an example, 10 unit of 1 bedders.

> 4 of the units, couple staying
> 4 of the units, family of 3 staying
> 1 unit, family of 4 staying. (2 teenage kid+1 cute pup)
> only my unit I’m staying alone.

I doubt those who bought 1 bedder are families of 4.
May not be a wise choice. It’s consider a downgrade in space if they still stick to same district. Unless they are moving to somewhere more convenient than their previous flat or RCR/CCR then it’s consider upgrade for convenience reason.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm yeah Probably investors bought the 1 bedders for rental income or singles or young couple without kid/1 young kid.

Not sure bout other condos but the condo I’m staying I’ve seen quite a number of family squeezing in 1 bedder.
Take my level as an example, 10 unit of 1 bedders.

> 4 of the units, couple staying
> 4 of the units, family of 3 staying
> 1 unit, family of 4 staying. (2 teenage kid+1 cute pup)
> only my unit I’m staying alone.

Wow, u really know your neighbours well.
I don’t even know how many family members my neighbour had. :D

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
If sengkang has this kinda of sale, I think Pasir Ris can too. The only difference is that district 19 has more upgrades from bto mopped than district 18.

Unlike SK/PG, the profile of residents in pasir ris is older and feel more attached to their current homes. And they have less urge to "upgrade" to condo or shift to a new condo. Don't forget pasir ris is at the end of the line, unlike buangkok which is closer to the city.

But tampines and pasir ris HDB estates are as huge as SK/PG so we never know, just need 0.001% to bite and a $2000psf condo can be sold out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.