HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree170Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #1156
Banned

Actually the less people buy, then developer will bid lower for land, then government will say developer bid lower than reserved price so dun wan sell, then less supply and slowly all leftover units get sold out with replenishment. If not, government will remove cooling measures and units will start selling and developers will still bid for land at sky high price. To me, it is a cycle. Unless government is ok to sell the land at lower prices which means lesser profit for the government too..
Was referring to an economic crisis not limited to the property market but affects other investments and people's income.

But you are right. We have seen the site near sims urban oasis sold for a relatively low rate recently.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 09:05 AM   #1157
High Supremacy Member

Was referring to an economic crisis not limited to the property market but affects other investments and people's income.

But you are right. We have seen the site near sims urban oasis sold for a relatively low rate recently.
SUO is a melayu kampong in disguise. I dun think highly of that place.
Broadwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #1158
Banned

SUO is a melayu kampong in disguise. I dun think highly of that place.
Hahaha... you can say the same for paya lebar and eunos.
Old 13-06-2019, 09:11 AM   #1159
High Supremacy Member

Hahaha... you can say the same for paya lebar and eunos.
Unfortunately yes. I do not think highly nor have slightest good impression of that stretch. The up and coming paya lebar whatever hub doesn't have any wow effect. Being said abit further south to dakota and old airport road will be good though. Else that stretch from kaki bukit, sim, eunos and paya lebar are no-no for me.
Old 13-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #1160
Banned

Unfortunately yes. I do not think highly nor have slightest good impression of that stretch. The up and coming paya lebar whatever hub doesn't have any wow effect. Being said abit further south to dakota and old airport road will be good though. Else that stretch from kaki bukit, sim, eunos and paya lebar are no-no for me.
Same here. No matter how cheap those geylang freeholds are, I am not at all interested.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:05 AM   #1161
High Supremacy Member

Same here. No matter how cheap those geylang freeholds are, I am not at all interested.
What do you think of those FH landed in the seletar area?
Old 13-06-2019, 10:24 AM   #1162
Banned

What do you think of those FH landed in the seletar area?
Its a nice area but you probably need to own a car. And if you want to travel to CBD, it will take quite some time. Will be good if you are retiree.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:29 AM   #1163
High Supremacy Member

Its a nice area but you probably need to own a car. And if you want to travel to CBD, it will take quite some time. Will be good if you are retiree.
I am more concern over the sky above the area since its near to aerospace industry there.
Old 15-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #1164

It is perfectly fine if other people use their money to purchase property to drive the economy. As Long as they are not using my money...if they gain with all the absd, high interest and taxes we can only congratulate them. If they lose money like those who bought some Sentosa properties, then use them as a lesson learnt. They pay ‘fees’ to learn, but we learn from them...

To learn a lesson, some Sentosa buyers paid millions in fees,

https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...t-sold-50-loss

Some may say these people are flush with cash, lose millions no problem. If this is the case, really advise them to give more to charity and a good cause.
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 09:43 PM   #1165
Banned

Many have misconception that buying property is a sure-win investment.

True for the past decades but the trend may not continue.

Population and economy will stagnate one day.
Old 15-06-2019, 11:15 PM   #1166

Probably those <1500 psf is a safer bet.....can't imagine them to drop for more than 50%....
stamploversg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 12:23 AM   #1167

Whose advise you take

Case Study

Case 1:
Remembered one developer CEO urged people to buy Sentosa as ‘land is limited’ and ‘foreigners can buy’ ...see what happened to price of Sentosa properties.

Then recently, someone urged government to make Sentosa an exhibition and seminar hub like Bali..

Case 2:
Some agents urged buyers to buy West sun facing units, ‘clothes easy to dry.’

Case 3:
One agent during his seminar urged buyers to buy highway facing units, ‘highway unblocked view’
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 01:50 AM   #1168

Probably those <1500 psf is a safer bet.....can't imagine them to drop for more than 50%....
Sentosa property is the playground mainly for foreign investors, and recent CM imposed a tax of 20% on these foreign buyers.
As a normal singaporean family, would u want to live in Sentosa and send your kids to schools or travel to work by driving in and out of the Sentosa gantry to Singapore mainland every morning?
How would you and your parents find a decent/affordable hawker or coffee shops around Sentosa cove for their daily meals? Are there any nearby healthcare services if one needs urgent medical attention w/o the need to drive in and out?
Who would be your prospective Sentosa buyers in the near future?
One needs to think through and consider carefully the above points.

This has nothing to do with how much psf would be a safer bet. It’s a misconception to mix mainland property with Sentosa property. I can easily quote you more examples of Sentosa property making a loss of more than 40% and some of these properties are bought during the last decade where many other Singapore mainland properties are already seeing huge capital appreciation over the past few years.
Likewise in the property downward cycle, even in Singapore mainland, If u buy the wrong property at a cheaper psf, u will still lose money. In today’s context, there’s no sure win in property investment anymore.

While Sentosa property is suffering a 50% loss, Singapore mainland property are still transacting at skyhigh psf/quantum. It is important to be discerning in whatever we read and make sense out of it.

Penthouse at 3 Orchard By-The-Park fetches $31.5 mil http://www.newsloop.co/u/21ku51
zinedine likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 16-06-2019 at 03:06 AM..
NiShiZhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 09:07 AM   #1169

Case 2 is funny. The buyer also will be squeezed dry..

Some agents say that buy low floor better as 'noise of the road travel upward'. I wonder if they take sec sch physics or not, why will sound only choose to travel in a specific direction?

Case Study

Case 1:
Remembered one developer CEO urged people to buy Sentosa as ‘land is limited’ and ‘foreigners can buy’ ...see what happened to price of Sentosa properties.

Then recently, someone urged government to make Sentosa an exhibition and seminar hub like Bali..

Case 2:
Some agents urged buyers to buy West sun facing units, ‘clothes easy to dry.’

Case 3:
One agent during his seminar urged buyers to buy highway facing units, ‘highway unblocked view’
Clazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 09:19 AM   #1170

The worst is agent always say prices will go upwards next week, buy now!
fotoudavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.