Treasure at Tampines

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
URA Caveat for Sengkang grand Nov 2019, 191 units sold at $17xx psf.
Dec 1-8, 0 sold.

Sold unit breakdown:
> 70 units of one bedders (37%)
> 89 units of Two bedders (46%)
> 32 units of 3/4 bedders (17%)

Demographic of young families from newly MOP D19 & D28 BTOs probably upgrade to 1 & 2 bedders in Sengkang Grand.

Poor kids, got to grow up in such tiny environments just because of their parents' _____.

Wasn't there more than 200 units sold during launch weekend? If there is only a single digit sale for the month of December, then we can confirm the batch who rushed in during launch weekend are hot-headed and euphoric.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Would it hurt to leave the parents alone? That's pretty low by many people's standard.

Not everyone has great and perfect parents like yours. My humble assumption.

Now u know why I have to cross fire with her sometimes. As said, a leopard can’t change its spot. :D
She may be right sometimes but can be put in nicer way as there’s no need to always drag parents in.

Last edited:

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Would it hurt to leave the parents alone? That's pretty low by many people's standard.

Not everyone has great and perfect parents like yours. My humble assumption.

Just stating facts. Those young kids are innocent and deserve a better childhood.

iguysphone

Reaction score
Just stating facts. Those young kids are innocent and deserve a better childhood.

Maybe ur parents and you could give them a better childhood instead. There are actionable things you could do that benefits society. Instead of saying poor kids...u have such _______ parents.

Clazav

Reaction score
You will be surprised that there are many people who wanna upgrade, in whichever sense, in Pasir Ris. Otherwise the existing condo like those around livia and ripple Bay will have hard time finding buyers, based on your argument.

Unlike SK/PG, the profile of residents in pasir ris is older and feel more attached to their current homes. And they have less urge to "upgrade" to condo or shift to a new condo. Don't forget pasir ris is at the end of the line, unlike buangkok which is closer to the city.

But tampines and pasir ris HDB estates are as huge as SK/PG so we never know, just need 0.001% to bite and a $2000psf condo can be sold out.

Clazav

Reaction score
Well it is the aspiration of the parents, nevermind how people wanna judge them. There are also people who buy one bedder condo in orchard/Bukit timah instead of 3 bedder condo in sk. There are also those parents who can only afford 3 room hdb yet have 3, 4 children. You wanna help them?

Poor kids, got to grow up in such tiny environments just because of their parents' _____.

Wasn't there more than 200 units sold during launch weekend? If there is only a single digit sale for the month of December, then we can confirm the batch who rushed in during launch weekend are hot-headed and euphoric.

Clazav

Reaction score
More bedrooms equal to better childhood? Superficial mindset.

By your standard, people who wanna buy 1 bedder shouldn't even have children at all.

Many friends whom I know grow up without having a bedroom of their own, until they get married/move out from their parents' houses. Should they be angry with their parents?

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Well it is the aspiration of the parents, nevermind how people wanna judge them. There are also people who buy one bedder condo in orchard/Bukit timah instead of 3 bedder condo in sk. There are also those parents who can only afford 3 room hdb yet have 3, 4 children. You wanna help them?

THose that can only afford 3 room hdb, then no choice, at least still got 2 bedroom.

But those that buy 1 bedder condo for a family of 4 obviously don't belong to condo. Not worth trying to act rich and show off to friends. THey should stay in a 5/4 room flat instead, with adequate study and play areas for their kids.

I don't agree with such impractical decisions. 1 bedder is for singles or couple, max + a newborn baby.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

By your standard, people who wanna buy 1 bedder shouldn't even have children at all.

Many friends whom I know grow up without having a bedroom of their own, until they get married/move out from their parents' houses. Should they be angry with their parents?

Stayed in a one room rented flat in Redhill area, 4 family members all squeeze in one room rented flat for about 12 years during my childhood. Nostalgic memory, poor but happy.

Last edited:

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score

Generally yes. Children need their own study and play spaces. Of course, the alternative is to send your kids to the library to study for the entire day and only return at night. Few condos have reading rooms.

It depends whether their parents had a choice. WE definitely cannot blame parents who cannot afford a larger home, but those buying a 1 bedder condo can.

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Stayed in a one room rented flat in Redhill area, 4 family members all squeeze in one room rented flat for about 12 years during my childhood. Nostalgic memory, poor but happy.

Times are different now. Living standards have increased for all segments of the population. A minimum 3-room flat should now be easily accessible to all families with children.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Times are different now. Living standards have increased for all segments of the population. A minimum 3-room flat should now be easily accessible to all families with children.

Last time no choice, parents Low income.
Of coz if now can afford, will provide the best for children.

Clazav

Reaction score
It is an aspiration to some who wish to stay in private, branded addresses, or landed. If you need to do everything for your children and have no dream of your own, I find that very sad too. You don't see that as an aspiration, that is your own opinion, you cannot force it into everyone else.

And there are people who, for example buy 4 bedder condo in ocr/leasehold instead of perhaps 2/3 bedder in rcr/freehold for the sake of their children to each has a room of their own. I think this is pretty common.

Generally yes. Children need their own study and play spaces. Of course, the alternative is to send your kids to the library to study for the entire day and only return at night. Few condos have reading rooms.

It depends whether their parents had a choice. WE definitely cannot blame parents who cannot afford a larger home, but those buying a 1 bedder condo can.

Clazav

Reaction score
I see your point, of course we were all once children and always hope to have private space especially during adolescent time. But this is parents' decision. If the parents want to give each child a room, I would say the parents are nice and thoughtful but if the parents choose not to, the kids got to just take it. No choice. By defending this part, I'm not living in 1 or 2 bedder FYI.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's quite a ton of misrepresentation.

WLR price 'decrease' is optical when the average price of decent stacks are at 2k psf ar first launch weekend. Subsequently, those facing the main road and full west sun were launched at 1.7k psf.

Similarly, Florence residence 'decrease' was only applicable to larger units ~4/5BR ones. Prices of stacks moving had actually been increased once or twice.

If you think the market is crashing, and hope for 50% correction, no one's stopping you.

This one seemed very worked up.

Nowhere was there a mention of a 50% correction,

Don’t know what’s TJP’s problem.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
This one seemed very worked up.

Nowhere was there a mention of a 50% correction,

Don’t know what’s TJP’s problem.

Did Florence decrease price? I check the transaction still hovers betw 14xx to 16xxpsf leh? (Due to different unit facing type i Guess?)

For WLR, the acceptable price tag should be around 17xxpsf to 19xxpsf. (Judging from park colonial transaction history). This is becoz SKG is already priced at 17xxpsf (which I feel is abit overpriced) and is on the same NEL mrt line, so WLR (which is nearer to city) should logically be priced above SKG.

For WLR, (even if after 10% discount was offered for premium/big size lake facing units), anything above 2kpsf for big size unit, imo is still not worth buying. Cos quantum will be quite high. That’s y we didn’t quite see any lake facing 4 bedder transacting at all. Thus, only the 17xxpsf/18xxpsf road facing small size units are moving only.

Garden from start till now already not a lot of pple buying due to its so-so location. In other words, whether got discount or not doesn’t make much difference cos units are still moving very slowly despite some price reduction offered by developer.

So In summary, sometimes even if there’s some discount offered by developer, units may still not be moving.
Whereas for projects like Parc esta, Stirling, riverfront, even w/o discount, units are still seeing healthy sales.
Thus, It’s all about pricing it right at different locations.

Last edited:

iguysphone

Reaction score
I am also wondering how parents can have their private time when the kid sleeping in the same room. :s13:

When you are married and have kids, that is the one of the most treasured moments. To open your eyes and see your younglings sleeping so soundly and peacefully.

Dont assume kids want bigger room and privacy. That is only true when they are much older. Dont you know that kids like to bunk in with their parents and refuse to leave the room?

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did Florence decrease price? I check the transaction still hovers betw 14xx to 16xxpsf leh? (Due to different unit facing type i Guess?)

For WLR, the acceptable price tag should be around 17xxpsf to 19xxpsf. (Judging from park colonial transaction history). This is becoz SKG is already priced at 17xxpsf (which I feel is abit overpriced) and is on the same NEL mrt line, so WLR (which is nearer to city) should logically be priced above SKG.

For WLR, (even if after 10% discount was offered for premium/big size lake facing units), anything above 2kpsf for big size unit, imo is still not worth buying. Cos quantum will be quite high. That’s y we didn’t quite see any lake facing 4 bedder transacting at all. Thus, only the 17xxpsf/18xxpsf road facing small size units are moving only.

Garden from start till now already not a lot of pple buying due to its so-so location. In other words, whether got discount or not doesn’t make much difference cos units are still moving very slowly despite some price reduction offered by developer.

So In summary, sometimes even if there’s some discount offered by developer, units may still not be moving.
Whereas for projects like Parc esta, Stirling, riverfront, even w/o discount, units are still seeing healthy sales.
Thus, It’s all about pricing it right at different locations.

That was why I wrote that some projects give discount for whatever reasons. Therefore, no need to rush to buy as you never know if your unit is the one going to be discounted at a later date.

Projects like riverfront, whistler grand etc did not give discount.

Therefore need to decide if the project/ developer will offer discount before moving.

Also, those who cannot clear 5 year absd, likely to give ‘discount’ in terms of vouchers and preferential payment terms, which I feel the authorities should put an end to as they are also ‘benefits’. The way for Developers to sell is to bid responsibly and sell at the right pricing and not look for ways to wriggle out of the rules.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.