HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2019, 01:49 PM   #106
Master Member

Re: Expensive cars in HDB carparks. Maybe to some people an expensive car > expensive housing. To each his own. I personally rather stay in condo then take taxi or public transport to get around.
microtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 01:59 PM   #107
Supremacy Member

True that I also observe that there are more BMW, Mercedes, audi in hdb carpark. I'm thinking whether is it they can't buy additional or upgrade property, so they rather just buy an expensive car and live in a well renovated hdb.
Nowadays bmw is the new standard as COE price is low. And if they like Jap car, then lexus or large suv is the way.
Hyruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 02:10 PM   #108

I thought coe high then we should get BMW? Because the percentage difference is less?

Nowadays bmw is the new standard as COE price is low. And if they like Jap car, then lexus or large suv is the way.
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 02:47 PM   #109

Immediately think of the recently TOP Kingsford Waterbay...
They lose money or earn money? Thought this project is OK.
fotoudavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 03:37 PM   #110

Tks bro for the advise. I was looking at the 5br to stay in but just worried might be congested. The 4BR at tapestry looks quite interesting with the dual key units. Yes priced increased Frm what I saw the first time. I thought the concierge for The Tapestry also v good. I’m such a sucker for service. Lol

For 2br investment I recently went to see Rezi 24. Like not bad and I feel gd cap and rental returns, gr8 entry price.. but no bullets. Need to focus on buying 1 for own stay.
Like u, I was looking for 4/5 bedder for self stay some times back. Was tempted to go for tapestry 4 bedder (1432sqft) selling at 1.7x mil but was turned off by its location. Then went riverfront, 5 bedder was quoted 2.06mil which to me was reasonable (due to generous space), however, I didn’t commit becos location wasn’t fantastic (though better than tapestry) plus over 1400 units. Finally I ended up getting a slightly smaller 4 bedder unit With mrt at door step, many eateries around, near shopping Malls which I feel it’s more convenient for my Aging parents. I also don’t like projects that has more than 1000 over units. Lack exclusivity and privacy.
Treasure 5 bedder in my opinion is the cheapest u can get in the current market (frm 1.87mil plus) but may not be conducive to stay with 2203 units around.

For investment condo, I usually look at RCR area with less than 500/600 units, proven rental yield around the area, preferably near office, shopping Malls, circle line etc. 2 bedder is a sweet spot if buy for investment. You tend to have larger tenant pool.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 21-03-2019 at 04:16 PM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 04:00 PM   #111
High Supremacy Member

They lose money or earn money? Thought this project is OK.
Earn. My wife said ulu, so I had to buy another higher psf project instead.
Pokémon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 04:44 PM   #112

Earn on paper nia. Buyers who sell now in this market and SSD is loss.
pippo20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 04:54 PM   #113
High Supremacy Member

Lets see in April when more owners cross the holding period.
Old 21-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #114

No one is saying this project or any project has to have everything. There's however a large difference between buying for own stay and investment.

If you are buying for own stay and happy with the location, facilities, size of unit and layout, amenities nearby and price (or if you can live with the "weaknesses" of the property) then by all means go ahead.

For investment and/or rental the criteria should be much stricter for investors. With the current regulatory environment and political climate, do you think that the cooling measures will be removed anytime soon? I also don't think its appropriate to compare with gains investors made in a previous market cycle (ie they may have bought in around 2009/10) and/or prior to the 2 latest rounds of cooling measures.

1st round of cooling measures was implemented back in Feb 2010 and last year’s 5th July one was the 8th round.

But how have the prices been going?

See below chart (the part labelled 'Feb 2010' onwards) to form your own judgement as facts & figures don’t lie.

Its precisely the unique situation of Singapore that is conducive & attractive for property investments for locals & foreigners...

- Political stability (not a govt supporter, just calling a spade a spade)
- Economic stability
- Measures to keep market stable
- Tight quality control
- Limited land
- Population growth
- GDP growth etc

See: https://www.99.co/blog/singapore/sin...et-safe-haven/

Would you prefer a property market with more stable, sustainable growth / capital appreciation.... or a steep rollercoaster up & down, bubble forming & bursting, huge-risk, market-crashing type of environment?

Yes, might be a multi-millionaire in double quick time but can also be a bankrupt many times over.

How many can stomach this kind of gamble besides those who already having deep pockets to start with?

Hence, local properties are for those looking for a real physical asset (which can live in) to invest in that not only provide stable returns, but also beats inflation and having one of the lowest risk an investment can get.

If looking at higher returns (with higher risk of cos), better off to invest in stock & shares, options, trading, foreign currencies etc.

Last edited by aphel14; 21-03-2019 at 05:08 PM..
aphel14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 05:26 PM   #115

Lets see in April when more owners cross the holding period.
I thought this project took quite some time to TOP (due to some BCA safety issues) and should have crossed the SSD period? (More than 3 yrs)

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 21-03-2019 at 05:31 PM..
Old 21-03-2019, 05:35 PM   #116

How to lose money when this project is bought at 11xxpsf during launch.
Now Chao Chao 13xxpsf on average. (Based on URA recent caveat lodge)
Unless buyer faced finically difficulty and desperate to sell.
But this project got delayed becos of BCA safety issue.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 21-03-2019 at 05:52 PM..
Old 21-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #117
High Supremacy Member

I thought this project took quite some time to TOP (due to some BCA safety issues) and should have crossed the SSD period? (More than 3 yrs)
Those who purchased the properties prior to 11 March 2017, would be subjected to 4 years of holding period to avoid SSD.

Those who purchased after, would be subjected to 3 years only.
Old 21-03-2019, 05:55 PM   #118
Master Member

Now with 12% ABSD on second property purchase I doubt you can make any money upon TOP if you're looking to invest.
Old 21-03-2019, 05:56 PM   #119

Alamak, if u sell now and if u buy new project means u gotta wait for another 3-4 years to TOP?
Unless u looking for resale or u currently have a place to stay.

I’m also waiting for my project to TOP.
Old 21-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #120
Master Member

How to lose money when this project is bought at 11xxpsf during launch.
Now Chao Chao 13xxpsf on average. (Based on URA recent caveat lodge)
Unless buyer faced finically difficulty and desperate to sell.
But this project got delayed becos of BCA safety issue.
I did some digging and yes, it launched at $1,050 to $1,180psf
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/rea...eekend-amended

No clue why people are buying at 1,3XXpsf for that kind of ulu location. Around it got so many condos competing for tenants & buyers also.

Last edited by microtek; 21-03-2019 at 06:02 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.