HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2019, 09:21 AM   #1186
High Supremacy Member

Sky Everton

More than 35% of Total units sold on first day!

Wow Singapore economy really positive! how much psf?
Broadwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 05:37 PM   #1187

[QUOTE=Zetrio2006;121412538]Sky Everton

What is the average psf? Maybe due to the southern waterfront city hype.
AlanBB1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 06:47 PM   #1188
SBC
Arch-Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=AlanBB1414;121419191]
Sky Everton

Crazy at $2400 psf.
SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 06:51 PM   #1189
Master Member

[QUOTE=AlanBB1414;121419191]
Sky Everton

Will return units or not.....
lockks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 06:53 PM   #1190
Master Member

40% sold already. More hot than amber

[QUOTE=lockks;121420007]

Will return units or not.....
LeSaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 07:03 PM   #1191
Master Member

[QUOTE=LeSaux;121420037]40% sold already. More hot than amber

See if the units will be returned or not.
Seems like freehold launches are selling faster.
lockks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #1192

Cooling measures is here to stay..

“MAS managing director Ravi Menon said the measures were implemented only a year ago and that it takes time to allow them to work their way.”

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...box=1561612927
1993newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 02:38 PM   #1193

Singapore to Keep Property Curbs for Now as Sell-Off Risk Remote
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

MAS alr considering sell-off risk so early.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 09:57 PM   #1194

Given the economic outlook, people buying new launch today are either those needing a place to stay, not new place, cannot accept or possess lots of cash and has an iron rice bowl.

The downside risk is ever present given MAS intention to cut growth forecast yet again.
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 03:21 AM   #1195

Days of buying for rental are OVER, according to one.

Just had an interesting conversation with Friend-agents who confirmed that it does not make sense to buy any new launch for rental as the risk/returns/trouble/absd involved are no longer worthwhile compared to even FDs. He shared how some buyers have been ‘conned’ and regretted their purchases after they find out more about the total fees payable given the higher interest rate environment. Some decide to cut losses instead of bleeding for a long time.

Like I always said, it is your own money, DYODD, don’t just be swayed like coconut trees in the wind.
zinedine likes this.

Last edited by ThinkCarefully; 30-06-2019 at 02:21 PM..
Old 30-06-2019, 07:08 AM   #1196
High Supremacy Member

Days of buying for rental are OVER.

Just had an interesting conversation with Friend-agents who confirmed that it does not make sense to buy any new launch for rental as the risk/returns/trouble/absd involved are no longer worthwhile compared to even FDs. He shared how some buyers have been ‘conned’ and regretted their purchases after they find out more about the total fees payable given the higher interest rate environment. Some decide to cut losses instead of bleeding for a long time.

Like I always said, it is your own money, DYODD, don’t just be swayed like coconut trees in the wind.
Don't spread fear. many people buying condos still. some even buy semi d.
Broadwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 10:05 AM   #1197

Days of buying for rental are OVER.

I’m always amazed how the buyers get “conned” when purchasing property.
Buying property is a life time commitment and it’s totally unimaginable if one did not do enough research, read widely, comparison, or do their own finance calculation over and over again.

I only believe some buy at the wrong district at the wrong price at the wrong time. This is a case of poor judgement or failed to maintain a cool and composed head when making such big decision.
The word “conned” is totally irrelevant here. It’s just an excuse for their inadequacy in doing due diligence while easily putting the blame on someone else.

Afterall, Willing buyer, willing seller. No one points a gun and force someone to buy anyway.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 30-06-2019 at 10:55 AM..
NiShiZhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 11:12 AM   #1198

No matter how good an area is or how bad an area is, is really subjective at times.

Some prefer staying in crowded areas some prefer quiet areas.

Some areas may be bad now but may be better in future.

As long as they did some homework. Then choosing the place they believe is the best for them and happy is fine.

Doing zero homework may not be good of course.
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 02:20 PM   #1199

I’m always amazed how the buyers get “conned” when purchasing property.
Buying property is a life time commitment and it’s totally unimaginable if one did not do enough research, read widely, comparison, or do their own finance calculation over and over again.

I only believe some buy at the wrong district at the wrong price at the wrong time. This is a case of poor judgement or failed to maintain a cool and composed head when making such big decision.
The word “conned” is totally irrelevant here. It’s just an excuse for their inadequacy in doing due diligence while easily putting the blame on someone else.

Afterall, Willing buyer, willing seller. No one points a gun and force someone to buy anyway.

According to this person, buyer used the word ‘conned’ because the seller conveniently left out certain expenses like maintenance fees, legal fees etc in calculation. Just said, mortgage x, rental x plus.
In fact I have seen this kind of presentation before, so I was not entirely surprised.

Of course buyer also did not DYODD and just took things at face value.

That was why I always wrote DYODD, don’t blame here blame there.

Last edited by ThinkCarefully; 30-06-2019 at 02:57 PM..
Old 30-06-2019, 02:35 PM   #1200

Don't spread fear. many people buying condos still. some even buy semi d.
I was just sharing someone’s perspective of rental not sustainable for today’s launch prices.

If you have examples of high rental to justify sky high prices, after taking into account taxes, maintenance fees, legal fees etc., please share success stories with us too. We would like to learn.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.