HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2019, 03:51 PM   #1201
High Supremacy Member

According to this person, buyer used the word ‘conned’ because the seller conveniently left out certain expenses like maintenance fees, legal fees etc in calculation. Just said, mortgage x, rental x plus.
In fact I have seen this kind of presentation before, so I was not entirely surprised.

Of course buyer also did not DYODD and just took things at face value.

That was why I always wrote DYODD, don’t blame here blame there.

maths formula:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...t-6008882.html
chopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 11:25 PM   #1202
Arch-Supremacy Member

I’m always amazed how the buyers get “conned” when purchasing property.
Buying property is a life time commitment and it’s totally unimaginable if one did not do enough research, read widely, comparison, or do their own finance calculation over and over again.

I only believe some buy at the wrong district at the wrong price at the wrong time. This is a case of poor judgement or failed to maintain a cool and composed head when making such big decision.
The word “conned” is totally irrelevant here. It’s just an excuse for their inadequacy in doing due diligence while easily putting the blame on someone else.

Afterall, Willing buyer, willing seller. No one points a gun and force someone to buy anyway.
It's always easy to quote "willing seller, willing buyer", but then that's the ideal case of seller lay everything on table, buyer receive all info and make the decision under no coercion. Problem with many, the willing seller is buybuybuybuybuybuydunwaitdunwaitpriceincreasetomorrowbuybuybuybuy!!!! until willing buyer cannot stay rational liao and signed.
annetyu likes this.
weng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:57 AM   #1203

Private home price rise 1.3% in Q2 2019. [/b]https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...perty-11676188
1993newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:23 AM   #1204

OMG, 1 year after cooling and no 20% off?

Private home price rise 1.3% in Q2 2019. [/b]https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...perty-11676188
Merg91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:39 PM   #1205

Peaking up
Old 01-07-2019, 05:58 PM   #1206

It's always easy to quote "willing seller, willing buyer", but then that's the ideal case of seller lay everything on table, buyer receive all info and make the decision under no coercion. Problem with many, the willing seller is buybuybuybuybuybuydunwaitdunwaitpriceincreasetomorrowbuybuybuybuy!!!! until willing buyer cannot stay rational liao and signed.
If the willing buyer cannot stay rational liao and signed, obviously the problem lies with the buyer himself..not the seller.

If buyer is irrational and easily swayed...please dont even look into property investment.
ieast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:43 PM   #1207

If the willing buyer cannot stay rational liao and signed, obviously the problem lies with the buyer himself..not the seller.

If buyer is irrational and easily swayed...please dont even look into property investment.
How true. That’s precisely my point.
How can one not do enough research before taking on a life time commitment?

In my 6 to 7 times of buying and selling episodes, no one can force/pressurize me to buy or sell if the price is not right or some missing details were not answered.
If I made a wrong decision, I will blame no one except myself.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 01-07-2019 at 08:35 PM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:50 PM   #1208
High Supremacy Member

Property all time high.
Broadwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:40 PM   #1209

OMG, 1 year after cooling and no 20% off?
A quick recap, how many rounds of CMs and recessions we had gone through over the past two decades?
Not trying to be bullish and try to talk up the market even though I must admit there’s current oversupply in the market. The number of unsold units/data are the best proof, they don’t lie.
But one has to understand that property investment remains as an attractive form of asset class among the Asian and it is still in our DNA. That explains the high % of property ownership in Singapore, especially in our little red dot where land are scarce.

I do agree that with the CM, high price, and interest rate, all these are dampening the rental yield further. The era of high rental yield are truly OVER.

For me I must look at it a bit differently if I still want to play the property game. Mindset needs to be changed.
I would look at rentability in Long term rather than rental yield. In fact, if one is hoping for good rental yield, I suggest it would be better off for him/her to look elsewhere.

Rentability refers to the shortest time you can recoup from the total cost you have committed in your property. Let say u took 25 years of rental earnings to break even of what you had paid, the property could be sold after 25 years and the amount u get will be your net profit (even if you sell it at some losses of what u paid initially due to reduced lease or old/wear and tear issues).
In other words, if u buy a property that is harder to rent out, you may take a longer time to break even of what you had paid for. Then this may be deemed as poor investment cos your unit will always face the risk of being left vacant. Not forgetting the time and opportunity cost should also be factored in.
All these requires careful calculation, thorough research on locations with proven decent rental track records/transaction and careful enter and exit plan.

This is just a coarse concept of mine which Im too lazy to elaborate with figures. Those who get it will understand what I mean.
No success stories to back up my argument yet (as no one has the crystal ball to predict the future), just setting the context for more discussion here. Can agree to disagree.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 01-07-2019 at 10:08 PM..
Old 01-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #1210
Supremacy Member

A quick recap, how many rounds of CMs and recessions we had gone through over the past two decades?
Not trying to be bullish and try to talk up the market even though I must admit there’s current oversupply in the market. The number of unsold units/data are the best proof, they don’t lie.
But one has to understand that property investment remains as an attractive form of asset class among the Asian and it is still in our DNA. That explains the high % of property ownership in Singapore, especially in our little red dot where land are scarce.
I think people tend to also forget that not all units and development are equal. A lousy product with cheap cost won't necessarily sell more than a quality product with higher cost. I think it's too simple to point at unsold units and say oh there is no buyer.

Buyers are not stupid, you look at some of the mega development, one look you can tell from floor plan that it is a sub par product, so why would people buy even though PSF is low?

It's like any other product. You can't point to the left over Huawei phones and say, oh handphone market is failing.

Last edited by Forever84; 01-07-2019 at 09:22 PM..
Forever84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:41 PM   #1211

I think people tend to also forget that not all units and development are equal. A lousy product with cheap cost won't necessarily sell more than a quality product with higher cost. I think it's too simple to point at unsold units and say oh there is no buyer.?
Yes agree and not just that, let me state an example.
Some mega projects like treasure is already set to fail in the beginning. While many are still mocking on its number of unsold units and only managed to hit 17% sales as of now, many fails to see that it has a total of 2300 units to begin with. Is it realistic for such Super mega size project to hit an impressive sale record within a short time frame? Common sense tells us that this kinda mega project confirm takes years to sell. If can sell so fast within a short time frame, it will be a mockery to our latest CM.

It’s like two students who are given different sets of assignment to complete within an hour.
Student A can complete 10 question out of 10 questions (translate to 100% completion) within an hour.
Student B was given 20 questions and could only managed to complete 11 questions out of 20 questions within an hour. This translate to 55% completion.
In this case, can we mock at student B for its Low percentage in completing the number of questions within an hour and conclude student A is smarter?

Put it this way, if the sales volume of treasure transaction is translated into sky everton’s case, it would deem to be a 100% sell out.

Recently, in June alone saw another 52 units moving for treasure.
The problem here is not about no one is buying, the problem here is there’s too much supply in the market and it definitely takes time for the market to absorb these unsold units, especially those mega size projects.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 02-07-2019 at 06:43 AM..
Old 02-07-2019, 01:02 AM   #1212
Arch-Supremacy Member

How true. Thatís precisely my point.
How can one not do enough research before taking on a life time commitment?

In my 6 to 7 times of buying and selling episodes, no one can force/pressurize me to buy or sell if the price is not right or some missing details were not answered.
If I made a wrong decision, I will blame no one except myself.
Sadly i think many buyers probably bought and regret...
weng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:38 AM   #1213
Supremacy Member

IMO, quite hard for treasure to move even with no CM, lol.

They market studio as 1BDR. 2 bedder layout bad also. And with that location, how to attract investors?
Forever84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:49 AM   #1214
High Supremacy Member

Singaporean very rich especially new young singaporean.
Broadwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:52 AM   #1215

Young peeps do need a roof above our heads mah. Not rich, just hardwork.

Singaporean very rich especially new young singaporean.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.