HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2019, 10:05 PM   #1291
Master Member

i noticed that many agents are using kingsford waterbay as an example to convince their prospective buyers about capital appreciation.

i feel that kingsford is an anomaly by itself. i believe it got repriced multiple times till it was sold out and owners flipped at a further profit at TOP.

still trying to figure out what actually happened that drove this behavior. the project isn't exactly fantastic in terms of location/amenities/accessibility/schools.
zinedine and annetyu like this.
tanjiakpeng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:08 AM   #1292

i noticed that many agents are using kingsford waterbay as an example to convince their prospective buyers about capital appreciation.

i feel that kingsford is an anomaly by itself. i believe it got repriced multiple times till it was sold out and owners flipped at a further profit at TOP.

still trying to figure out what actually happened that drove this behavior. the project isn't exactly fantastic in terms of location/amenities/accessibility/schools.
Back in 2015 when Kingsford was launched the prices were only about 1000-1100psf (some units even transacted below 1000psf) that explains the profit. Given that in current market even new ECs are expected to be priced around 1000-1100psf and new private condos are going at about 1300psf on average.
zinedine likes this.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:11 AM   #1293

A few years later, you will noticed that pple will start to use Parc Botannia to convince buyers about capital appreciation when it TOP.

You will probably still be thinking the same thing. “There’s nothing fantastic about Parc Botannia location and it could be another case of anomaly”
Like you, I will be scratching my head too.

Well bro, think about it again, hasn’t history taught us the same thing over and over again for the past two decades?
zinedine likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 08-07-2019 at 07:20 AM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:36 AM   #1294
Master Member

A few years later, you will noticed that pple will start to use Parc Botannia to convince buyers about capital appreciation when it TOP.

You will probably still be thinking the same thing. “There’s nothing fantastic about Parc Botannia location and it could be another case of anomaly”
Like you, I will be scratching my head too.

Well bro, think about it again, hasn’t history taught us the same thing over and over again for the past two decades?
Good point. Thanks bro.

Still scratching my head lol
tanjiakpeng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:44 AM   #1295

Good point. Thanks bro.

Still scratching my head lol
Haha me too, was wondering especially when kingsford has past history of getting into so many safety breaches with BCA while building and yet TOP units still can fetch 200k to 300k profit. Lol
Plus location ain’t fantastic at all.
zinedine likes this.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:54 AM   #1296

I was there at the tail-end of the sale. One factor that I can understand is that all the units get to face the pool. Another was that there was no more or new launches left. I remembered I was looking at 3-bedder resale condos when my agent suggested viewing Kingsbay. Almost bought it, out of fear that no more new condos r coming out and don't want to miss the boat or that the price is going to jump even higher...

I believe the government had not made that comment about the "euphoria" thing back then ...
Old 08-07-2019, 07:59 AM   #1297

Haha me too, was wondering especially when kingsford has past history of getting into so many safety breaches with BCA while building and yet TOP units still can fetch 200k to 300k profit. Lol
Plus location ainít fantastic at all.
Few would know about kingsford's safety breaches and that is if they read the news in the papers themselves. I got to know first hand thru friends who are architects working in that project and was told not to buy them. When i did more research online about this co, then I found about their other development in West which was problematic too. Good that the government slapped them now with a measure before they can start selling their Normanton development.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:03 AM   #1298

Few would know about kingsford's safety breaches and that is if they read the news in the papers themselves. I got to know first hand thru friends who are architects working in that project and was told not to buy them. When i did more research online about this co, then I found about their other development in West which was problematic too. Good that the government slapped them now with a measure before they can start selling their Normanton development.
Look out for normantan, there could be firesales. Hehe
zinedine likes this.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:22 AM   #1299

Showflat structure for normanton has been up for quite some time. I Guess it will be halted for a Long time till all is clear for the developer. Could foresee firesales for them to clear.

1993newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:26 AM   #1300

Showflat structure for normanton has been up for quite some time. I Guess it will be halted for a Long time till all is clear for the developer. Could foresee firesales for them to clear.
1800 units to clear and still get halted for safety breaches.
No fire sales no buy. Haha
annetyu likes this.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:28 AM   #1301

Back in 2015 when Kingsford was launched the prices were only about 1000-1100psf (some units even transacted below 1000psf) that explains the profit. Given that in current market even new ECs are expected to be priced around 1000-1100psf and new private condos are going at about 1300psf on average.
I went to the showflat last time. Not attracted by this huge development and location despite the cheap price.

You are right, the price increase is simply due to the new launch pricing nearby like riverfront/florence/affinity....
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:00 AM   #1302

Resale prices actually fell?

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...srx-flash-data
zinedine likes this.
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:43 AM   #1303

If there is a firesale, I will b d 1st to buy.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:56 AM   #1304

Singapore condo rents dip in June, HDB rents edge up
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/rea...srx-flash-data

"Going by location, private rents dipped 0.5 per cent in the core central region (CCR) last month, fell 1.1 per cent for the outside central region (OCR), and rose 0.9 per cent for the rest of central region (RCR)."

"Compared to their peak in January 2013, private rents in June were down 17.5 per cent." but new launch prices is up 30-40%?
Old 11-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #1305

Interesting read for those who have time after work and also those who are always making a big fuss of singapore's limited land.

World Population Growth
https://ourworldindata.org/world-population-growth

Japanese population falls for 10th straight year
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/j...-straight-year

Even I still think property will appreciate gradually over the years but will this hold true forever if not as many need homes anymore?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.