HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #1381

My Guess:
1) Getting used to it:
When new CMs was initially imposed, it just a matter of time for buyers to get used to it. So initially, u will see a period of tug of war between the buyers and sellers/Developers. (Also known as Knee jerk effect). But that does not mean all quit buying. Mindset takes time to change and adjust. In our Long chain of CMs imposed, did we see any major price correction so far?

2) human are forgetful and kiasu animals:
Didn’t we all learn from 2013 CM when TDSR and 7%ABSD was imposed? I always thought that’s the Mother of all CMs and would put the last nail into the property coffin. Never did I expect people are still buying with 7%ABSD, queuing up overnight at PC, RF and Stirling, thinking that they will get a good deal before 12%ABSD kicks in.

3) Genuine young home buyers:
Of course we can’t dispute there are such group buying for self stay.
Many singles I knew enjoys privacy and move out from parents. Instead of splurging money on depreciating items such as buying luxury cars or other luxury items, wouldn’t it be more practical to invest on something that has possibility of appreciating?

4) HDB upgraders:
Just like the American dreams, buying property is singaporean’s Dream. It’s already in our DNA. Many Singaporean aspired to upgrade from HDB to condos. Many felt that since they are already Working so hard, don’t they deserve some changes in life? Anyway, we only live once. Of course, this point is rather subjective. Different folks, different strokes. Some wants to be loan free as early as possible. That said, unless u really know how to make your money/savings work as hard to hedge against inflation and grant you an early/comfortable retirement plan. However, Not many are as savvy and equipped with such knowledge.

5) leveraging
Besides buying property, no other forms of investment mechanisms can get you a loan as high as you can get from bank. Many believes it’s the best way to hedge against inflation rather than letting money rot in bank.

Trying to understand from the psychological angle rather than just looking at the logical aspects probably will help u understand better why people are still buying. Recently, 3 of my ex colleagues just called me up to ask me details on decoupling as they all have fully paid off their property. All intend to buy their second.

Also interesting to note that the Florence thread recently has came back to life again.

People like me or those who are Long enough in property are not buying now has our own reason and rationale. But I know one person cannot talk up or talk down the property market. It is driven by public sentiments.
Bro,

Appreciate your detailed response. I would like to add another dimension to that.

In an ideal situation, it would help if we are able to add another dimension to the analysis. Like what we think are the buyers’ response one year after the purchase. Would it be ‘well bought. If I were in the same situation, I would have still bought’ or ‘damn it, I should not have bought or should have bought X instead of letting people sweet talk me to buy Y’.

For luxury condo, generally, the rich do not mind even if their properties depreciate in value because they are paying for the ‘enjoyment’ value and don’t mind losing money ( they have too much to be very concerned).

For the case of twin vew buyers or the early bird buyers of project who subsequently dropped prices, we know what they would say.

For the mass market ones, if we are able to break this down, we can understand buyers’ reasoning and buying sentiments. in the last one year, property prices did not appreciate much as compared to FD or even bond rates, and given MAS forecast of economy, it would be interesting to see what lies ahead.
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 03:51 PM   #1382

Bro,

Appreciate your detailed response. I would like to add another dimension to that.

In an ideal situation, it would help if we are able to add another dimension to the analysis. Like what we think are the buyers’ response one year after the purchase. Would it be ‘well bought. If I were in the same situation, I would have still bought’ or ‘damn it, I should not have bought or should have bought X instead of letting people sweet talk me to buy Y’.

For luxury condo, generally, the rich do not mind even if their properties depreciate in value because they are paying for the ‘enjoyment’ value and don’t mind losing money ( they have too much to be very concerned).

For the case of twin vew buyers or the early bird buyers of project who subsequently dropped prices, we know what they would say.

For the mass market ones, if we are able to break this down, we can understand buyers’ reasoning and buying sentiments. in the last one year, property prices did not appreciate much as compared to FD or even bond rates, and given MAS forecast of economy, it would be interesting to see what lies ahead.
Thanks for adding that dimension in your thought process.
This also serves as a good reminders to buyers that DYODD is so important.
Spurred by some discussions and good sales transaction in the Parc esta thread recently, today I decided to visit Parc esta to satisfy my curiousity. Must admit was rather impress with its layout, furnishing, unobstructed floor to ceiling window view, low maintenance fee and site plan etc. pricing wise was around 15xxpsf, quite reasonable for a RCR project with mrt and many eateries at doorstep. The only downside is it’s a mega project. Must say MCL has put in a lot of thoughts in this project. Was informed that yesterday, a big family bought a total of 16 units in Parc esta of different unit sizes.

Bro, In life, u win some, you lose some la.

While Some projects are set to fail in the beginning, there’s some projects that still worth considering.
Happy hunting and enjoy your weekend bro.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 27-07-2019 at 06:21 PM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #1383

Thanks for adding that dimension in your thought process.
This also serve as a good reminders to buyers that DYODD is so important.
Spurred by some discussions in the Parc esta thread recently, today I decided to visit Parc esta. Must admit was rather impress with its layout, furnishing, unobstructed floor to ceiling window view, low maintenance fee and site plan etc. pricing wise was around 15xxpsf, quite reasonable for a RCR project with mrt and many eateries at doorstep. The only downside is it’s a mega project. Must say MCL has put in a lot of thoughts in this project.
In life, u win some, you lose some. Don’t live with too many regrets la.

While Some projects are set to fail in the beginning, there’s still some that worth considering.
Enjoy your weekend bro.
wow bro, how’s the Parc Esta experience?
The show flat is indeed impressive haha.
The one I looked at for a 2 plus study on a higher floor (abv 10 floor) is 16xx psf though.

not all projects are the same, that’s why projects like Artra, Stirling, Tre Ver, Park Colonial, Parc Esta, Riverfront have done a lot better than the rest. And I think out of those listed, their potential for future appreciation is high.

Last edited by Passerboy; 27-07-2019 at 04:08 PM..
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 04:13 PM   #1384

wow bro, how’s the Parc Esta experience?
The show flat is indeed impressive haha.
The one I looked at for a 2 plus study on a higher floor (abv 10 floor) is 16xx psf though.

not all projects are the same, that’s why projects like Artra, Stirling, Tre Ver, Park Colonial, Parc Esta, Riverfront have done a lot better than the rest. And I think out of those listed, their potential for future appreciation is high.
The 2+ study layout impressed me most.
The study room is literally like a decent size small bedroom.
The kitchen is enclosed type, very rare for a 2 bedder nowadays.
You are rather spot on in choosing the best unit type.

Yes, not all projects are created equal, some are set to fail in the beginning. Definitely not Parc esta after my pleasant viewing experience.
Cheers!

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 27-07-2019 at 04:20 PM..
Old 27-07-2019, 04:18 PM   #1385

Yes, not all projects are made equal, some are set to fail in the beginning. Definitely not Parc esta after my pleasant viewing experience.
Cheers!
Thank you bro for the inputs.
Hoping to make the plunge soon.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 04:24 PM   #1386

I know u have done a lot of research recently.
And I must concur I’m mesmerized by 2+ S too.
Happy hunting.
Old 27-07-2019, 06:20 PM   #1387

Went to reccce Treasures today.

Walking from Simei Mrt to Treasures side gate took around 7mins.

There’s a bus 292 in front of Treasure. 3 stops to Tampines Interchange.

Walking from Treasure main entrance to Round Market took 4mins. Lots of eateries within walking distance.

Overall, I think the location is good for own stay.
Thanooors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 06:25 PM   #1388

Went to reccce Treasures today.

Walking from Simei Mrt to Treasures side gate took around 7mins.

There’s a bus 292 in front of Treasure. 3 stops to Tampines Interchange.

Walking from Treasure main entrance to Round Market took 4mins. Lots of eateries within walking distance.

Overall, I think the location is good for own stay.
Hey bro, 7 mins can reach Simei mrt? That’s something I didn’t know. I always have an impression it will take more than 10mins.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 27-07-2019, 06:30 PM   #1389

Yup, I timed it myself today. You can try if you have the time

Hey bro, 7 mins can reach Simei mrt? That’s something I didn’t know. I always have an impression it will take more than 10mins.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanooors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 08:16 PM   #1390

Better buy as soon as you make up your mind. Singapore have “limited land” and “ growing population”. Only direction for property is up, up and up!
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 11:37 PM   #1391
Arch-Supremacy Member

The kitchen is enclosed type, very rare for a 2 bedder nowadays.

Yes, not all projects are created equal, some are set to fail in the beginning. Definitely not Parc esta after my pleasant viewing experience.
Cheers!
Just had a look at Parc Esta 2+S floorplan. I think if that is impressive, then Parc Vera's 2+S should win Oscars liao ... but yet the ppty isn't really sought after.... maybe kena forgotten liao lol...
weng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 11:43 PM   #1392

Just had a look at Parc Esta 2+S floorplan. I think if that is impressive, then Parc Vera's 2+S should win Oscars liao ... but yet the ppty isn't really sought after.... maybe kena forgotten liao lol...
Aiyo bro, Parc Vera completely different league from Parc esta in terms of location, building facet, furnishing quality etc.
No doubt Parc Vera is cheap but not forgetting it’s from Sim Lian.
Furthermore, I’m allergic to Sim lian’s Project. Haha

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 28-07-2019 at 12:00 AM..
Old 28-07-2019, 01:11 AM   #1393

Thanks for sharing.
Walking time is very subjective. Not only speed of walking (with or without bags, age/ health of walker) but also weather like hot midday sun or rain comes into play. I tried it too, 10 mins for me. What is frustrating is the ramp to climb up and down the bridge, no stairs. After that, if you get the direction correct, walk is quite pleasant. Also, you will approach the mrt from the far end and need to walk a distance to reach the entrance.

However, round market is near and below 5 mins. For those driving, they will encounter other kind of issues.
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 01:47 AM   #1394

Better buy as soon as you make up your mind. Singapore have “limited land” and “ growing population”. Only direction for property is up, up and up!
I thought previously u trying to hint most new property are overpriced and should look at resale units instead? Now changed liao ah or moi interpret wrongly liao ah

Or u being sarcastic in this comment ah?
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #1395
Arch-Supremacy Member

Aiyo bro, Parc Vera completely different league from Parc esta in terms of location, building facet, furnishing quality etc.
No doubt Parc Vera is cheap but not forgetting it’s from Sim Lian.
Furthermore, I’m allergic to Sim lian’s Project. Haha
Lol... ya just basing on floorplan la...
weng is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.