HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Treasure at Tampines

Like Tree161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2019, 12:02 PM   #1456
Master Member

I was discussing with Bro NiShi that a good indicator of when to buy is to imagine a crystal ball and asking if 1,2,3 years down the line would the response be...’lucky I bought’ or ‘what a xxxx decision to buy’

In your case, after 1 year, you still found it was a reasonably good decision to buy in 2018, so good for you. Now that more than half the year 2019 has passed, I can say that 2016 and 2017 were very, very good years to buy as prices shot up in 2018. There were some good buys in 2018 but not all. For example, IMHO, if I had bought TW, I would be kicking myself as there were better buys subsequently.

Let’s see in two years time if 2019 turns out to be a good year to buy.
Actually technically i was not buying. I was just rolling. I not sure if its a correct term.

I sold then buy within 2months.
captain huat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 12:39 PM   #1457

I was discussing with Bro NiShi that a good indicator of when to buy is to imagine a crystal ball and asking if 1,2,3 years down the line would the response be...’lucky I bought’ or ‘what a xxxx decision to buy’

In your case, after 1 year, you still found it was a reasonably good decision to buy in 2018, so good for you. Now that more than half the year 2019 has passed, I can say that 2016 and 2017 were very, very good years to buy as prices shot up in 2018. There were some good buys in 2018 but not all. For example, IMHO, if I had bought TW, I would be kicking myself as there were better buys subsequently. Also early bird buyers of some new launches would be shouting xxxfxx as the Developers reduced prices by 5 to 10% after the initial launches.

Let’s see in two years time if one sees 2019 as a good year to buy.
I always felt having a sound enter and exit plan is essential.
My frens were surprise why I put up my previous home urgently for sales in 2017. My reason is simple, when I saw a number of cases of successful enbloc at Eunos Ville, Tampines court and high land bid price at other districts, my hunch tells me that if I miss this round, I will never sell at the price I have been waiting for anymore, probably the next wait will be another cycle.

No crystal ball to decide whether buying now is a good or bad thing but my gut feel tells me that unless u really chance upon a project u really like with the price you really can digest, else frankly, there’s no hurry.

Haha bro, u also waiting anxiously to fire your last bullet at the right time?

2 cents

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 21-08-2019 at 12:51 PM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 12:42 PM   #1458

Mrt is coming in 2023 for marine parade.
And in 50-100yr time, sea water also coming to Marine Parade
allabtlww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 12:58 PM   #1459

I always felt having a sound enter and exit plan is essential.
My frens were surprise why I put up my previous home urgently for sales in 2017. My reason is simple, when I saw a number of cases of successful enbloc at Eunos Ville, Tampines court and high land bid price at other districts, my hunch tells me that if I miss this round, I will never sell at the price I have been waiting for anymore, probably the next wait will be another cycle.

No crystal ball to decide whether buying now is a good or bad thing but my gut feel tells me that unless u really chance upon a project u really like with the price you really can digest, else frankly, there’s no hurry.

Haha bro, u also waiting anxiously to fire your last bullet at the right time?

2 cents
Bro, Totally agree. Glad you caught the 16/17 cycle.
2018 was tricky, unless you found a hidden gem.
2019, too early to comment.
No hurry as I already have a roof, so time is on my side.
ThinkCarefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 04:17 PM   #1460

Hi all,

For those who were successful at balloting, was there further 1-2% discount?

Thank you all
m-ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 12:23 AM   #1461

agree. haha.

digress a little.
quite sian that 2nd hand owners are refusing to nego down asking.
Most of us with a roof already would just look elsewhere as these units (2nd hand owners are refusing to nego down asking) do not qualify as hidden gems to us.

Since this is a treasure thread, it is good to compare treasure with another new launch Parc Clementis both ocr. And near the east and west business nodes respectively.

Treasure, 2,200 plus units, ONE tennis court, 1,700 carparking lots.
Clementis, 1,450 units, two tennis courts, 1,450 plus parking lots.

What do you think of the facilities per unit comparison?

Last edited by ThinkCarefully; 22-08-2019 at 12:31 AM..
Old 22-08-2019, 06:55 AM   #1462
High Supremacy Member

thinkcarefully i shall ask my qn in e "freehold condo " thread.

sorry i cant ans ur qn. both are too big a condo for my liking.
chopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 07:20 AM   #1463

Try this trick to the Marine Parade House sellers.

And in 50-100yr time, sea water also coming to Marine Parade
iphone1s likes this.
Merg91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 09:34 AM   #1464

agree. haha.

digress a little.
quite sian that 2nd hand owners are refusing to nego down asking.
Theres no way these fat cat property owners will negotiate. They likely own at least one fully-paid off investment property (excluding their residence) and have infinite holding power. Only bargains you get in this market are from buying 2nd hand is when people have urgency to sell, ie. Foreign/PR owners who are exiting Singapore for good, divorce (for HDB resale as there is a time pressure to sell). These cases are rare.
TeamUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 10:06 AM   #1465
High Supremacy Member

Some say the recession is coming.
Wait for 2 or 20 years as 'predicted'.
very soon,you all just wait and see
Old 23-08-2019, 04:55 PM   #1466

37 units sold in August so far based on updated URA caveat.
1993newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 11:57 AM   #1467

37 units sold in August so far based on updated URA caveat.
From 119 units in July to 37 units in August..what happened to the momentum?

As you can see (scroll down) there are not many fans of treasure by SL here.

Some took issue with SL, some concerned with sharing one tennis court with 2200 units and probably having to ballot for carpark (20% fewer than 1 per unit) and some just put off by the number of units... like a mini town.

However, if this is your ideal home, please buy and do not let others deter you.
annetyu likes this.

Last edited by ThinkCarefully; 26-08-2019 at 12:02 PM..
Old 26-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #1468
Arch-Supremacy Member

Treasures Developers are quite good when it comes to approval of unique cases for buyers I was told that by the agents I know working on this. Maybe that is the case.
civicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 04:05 PM   #1469

From 119 units in July to 37 units in August..what happened to the momentum?

As you can see (scroll down) there are not many fans of treasure by SL here.

Some took issue with SL, some concerned with sharing one tennis court with 2200 units and probably having to ballot for carpark (20% fewer than 1 per unit) and some just put off by the number of units... like a mini town.

However, if this is your ideal home, please buy and do not let others deter you.
Yes. No doubt sustaining high sales transaction for treasure is a challenge provided the sales volume is consistent months after months in order to digest 2203 units.
That’s why I did mentioned before, treasure has not cross the safe mark yet, was equally put off by 2200 over units.
Just curious, (u can also choose not to answer me). Any districts you particularly interested in or see potential?

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 26-08-2019 at 04:12 PM..
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #1470

Yes. No doubt sustaining high sales transaction for treasure is a challenge provided the sales volume is consistent months after months in order to digest 2203 units.
That’s why I did mentioned before, treasure has not cross the safe mark yet, was equally put off by 2200 over units.
I think an issue for Treasure and a few other mega projects would be the layout as well. Blocks too close to each other so more difficult to sell those units. Can get a PC at the lowest psf available but several downsides to take into account.
shadowex is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.