HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Useful Websites

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #46

Home&Needs Magazine FREE in your mailbox

hello all, wondered if you guys have received a magazine in your mailbox called Home&Needs .
It's like a mixture of a Magazine, Mini-Directory and Direct Mailers.
They have a online E-Book at www.homeneeds.com.sg

Hope it will be useful to you guys, contains lots of Personal and Home related services and promotions exclusive only to this booklet. cheers!

E.g.
p.g. 13 - Miracool Glass Shield offering 30% off for 1st 30 call-in customers! (CNY promo?)
p.g. 26 - Nippon Koi Farm giving 2 Baby Koi FREE (No purchase required!!! omg!)
p.g. 33 - Island Laundry giving 20% for all items (Some CNY promotions also)

Best Part is last 2 pages of the book, contains two full pages of emergency and useful numbers!
*WOW*

If my intro is good, intro me other lobangs! ^^
gracedotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #47

Since we are on the subject of useful websites...

I have personally found this one quite informative. Hope you guys will too.

www.sgproptalk.blogspot.com

Cheers!
sand6190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #48

Property Site to ENSURE honesty of Agents?

I faced a problem when selling my unit recently when I worried that our agent is not telling us all the offers made especially when some house viewers look very interested but we didnt hear from our agent on any offers. Unfortunately these were from other agents co-broking. I will think its their benefit (and human nature) for agents to push for their direct buyers rather than co-broke even though the co-broke may offer higher for seller but will cut half their commission, and its very difficult for us sellers to know. My relative told me about this new service which interestingly provide a independent (and free) way to get rid of this problem. Think the whole idea is to allow buyer/seller to commmunicate while u can still work with your agents. This prevent the agent from 'hiding' any offers to the buyer or seller. The site can be found at: http://www.nextdistrict.com
The agents might not be happy but at least we have a fair way for everyone. BTW i tried and managed to get a co-broke deal at the highest price. Hope it'll help others in my same situation.
Unfortunately its only for Condos (at least for now...)
edtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #49
Arch-Supremacy Member

I faced a problem when selling my unit recently when I worried that our agent is not telling us all the offers made especially when some house viewers look very interested but we didnt hear from our agent on any offers. Unfortunately these were from other agents co-broking. I will think its their benefit (and human nature) for agents to push for their direct buyers rather than co-broke even though the co-broke may offer higher for seller but will cut half their commission, and its very difficult for us sellers to know. My relative told me about this new service which interestingly provide a independent (and free) way to get rid of this problem. Think the whole idea is to allow buyer/seller to commmunicate while u can still work with your agents. This prevent the agent from 'hiding' any offers to the buyer or seller. The site can be found at: http://www.nextdistrict.com
The agents might not be happy but at least we have a fair way for everyone. BTW i tried and managed to get a co-broke deal at the highest price. Hope it'll help others in my same situation.
Unfortunately its only for Condos (at least for now...)
What you say is not uncommon. As a direct buyer, I got the house at a lower price compared to those with agent offering higher price, though I got to pay the seller's agent.
henrylbh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2010, 10:26 PM   #50

A site for DIYers to bypass property agents

irefusepropertyagents provides a meeting place for doing-it-yourself property owners to connect directly with doing-it-yourself buyers/tenants.

Good luck to all brave and motivated souls.
LuckyRambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #51

irefusepropertyagents provides a meeting place for doing-it-yourself property owners to connect directly with doing-it-yourself buyers/tenants.

Good luck to all brave and motivated souls.
are you the owner of this website?
after posting the advertisement, how is the procedure of contacting the buyer/seller and sales proceed going on?
goodcareer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #52

I Refuse Property Agents

are you the owner of this website?
after posting the advertisement, how is the procedure of contacting the buyer/seller and sales proceed going on?
Hi goodcareer,

irefusepropertyagents is purely a free advertising platform for DIYers to meet each other.

Seller (who trusts himself and wanna saves commission) posts his advert.
Buyer (who trusts himself and wanna saves commission) sees the advert, likes the unit.
Buyer calls seller. They meet and try to reach a deal.

What is most important is that both parties are motivated individuals and have done their homework - attended HDB Resale Seminar, read and read again HDB website, researched on pricing trends, understand what they can afford.

If one believes that he is motivated and independent enough to put in the effort. If one believes that through his efforts, he can get a better and fairer deal for himself, then yes, refusing property agents is the route for him. If not, then we guess he is better off seeking the professional services of agents.

Hope this clarifies. Good Luck
LuckyRambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #53

Agents or no agents

The idea of DIY is good but most people will want to avoid all the paperwork/filtering of buyer/seller at initial stage. What the site at www.nextdistrict.com does is you can still go through the agents must ENSURE they tell you the real price/bids by going through the sale/bid process. So you get the agents to do all the legwork but you will know of all the prices, be it co-broke or not. Buyers can also know if they made a good bid and could question their agents if they did not get any reply from the seller. More info contact the website I'm also trying it out but the idea seems interesting...
edtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #54

Found this site useful as a starting point for home buyers who haf no idea which part of singapore they want to buy homes in. Can search for places near MRT, schools etc. etc... http://analytics.shownearby.com/analyse
SunnyStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #55

Found this site useful as a starting point for home buyers who haf no idea which part of singapore they want to buy homes in. Can search for places near MRT, schools etc. etc... http://analytics.shownearby.com/analyse

Yeah I use it very often too when searching for properties to suit my clients' needs.

James Ng
www.jamesngproperty.com
www.sghappyhomes.com
jamesngproperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #56

Property search websites

You can find most property listings on these websites:

www.propertyguru.com.sg
www.iproperty.com.sg

Also, many agents have their own listings in their personal websites like me.

Regards,
James Ng
www.jamesngproperty.com
www.sghappyhomes.com
Old 21-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #57

StreeSine

Has anyone tried StreeSine - www.streetsine.com?
I've paid for their single report and I think its good but before i buy an annual package, wondering if there are any positive or negative feedback out there.

I'm a home buyer and find the information helpful in making my decision especially with prices these days.

Thanks in advance
tentencents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 02:00 AM   #58
Arch-Supremacy Member

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app
ketua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #59

New Launches in Singapore

You can find the latest new launches in Singapore at areaSG.com

We created this website to bring together the best new launches in one place. Our facebook page will share articles from newspaper and other property sources.

Look us up at areasg.com

Sincerest,
James Ng
Old 10-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #60

Streetsine

Has anyone tried StreeSine - www.streetsine.com?
I've paid for their single report and I think its good but before i buy an annual package, wondering if there are any positive or negative feedback out there.

I'm a home buyer and find the information helpful in making my decision especially with prices these days.

Thanks in advance
I used to find them good when you are able to get the detailed transaction data (as opposed to the URA data which do not show the detailed address) but this has since been kept for subscribers only. I think such information is very important for major decision such as property purchase/sale. There is definitely lack of transparency when it comes to property related transaction data.
topgann2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.