HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Who is a good MCST service provider in Singapore?

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2016, 10:46 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

The trouble is most council members also don't really care much and leave everything to MA.
henrylbh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #17

Hi Analiang,

Happen to be in Property Management Business and will like to share the following:

1. You may wish to refer to the apfm.org.sg website for a list of Accredited Managing Agent Firm. The MAs accredited by SISV / APFM are required to adhere to the code of conduct of SISV / APFM and adhere to any code of practice or standards as prescribed. You will hence be assured of delivery of services of a reasonable standard.

2. Shortlist a few firms, invite them to submit their proposal, talk to the person likely to be assigned to handle your estate (rather than the marketing staff), share with them your problems / expectations and make a decision from there. I also emphasis to my client that it should be a long term partnership between the Council and the MA, where communication is important.

3. In any event where lapse of services occure, it will be good to engage with the MA and get their Management / Senior Staff involve to review the issue and seek a resolution from there. Only change if all failed or the MA do not bother. Sometime, it could also be due to expectation mis-match. There are times where "problems" get resolved and you notice improvement after the engagement.
I am a professional estate manager and will want to go into MA business. What are things you are looking for in a MA?
Gazzali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 07:14 PM   #18

The trouble is most council members also don't really care much and leave everything to MA.
To run an estate is a job by itself. I respect the council members who spend their valuable time. To throw stones is easy. But to take all of those "pelting issues" and just be there for the sake of the estate is a noble task.

What are your concerns?
Gazzali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 01:31 PM   #19

HI... if any one looking for a repsonsible MA, you may call The Straits Management. PM me and i pass you the contacts.
Rizalr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 04:49 PM   #20

My MCST is from Savills. So far so good.
DealuxTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 12:46 AM   #21

My estate is currently managed by Barringham International for 4 years now and I must say that they are professional in their work and very helpful towards both council members and residents. They have done a lot of improvements to my estate and this list can go on forever so I highly recommend them.
shazri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #22

MA is JLL so far so good. It depend greatly on the CM and the support of the MA company.
asmartng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #23

My estate is currently managed by Barringham International for 4 years now and I must say that they are professional in their work and very helpful towards both council members and residents. They have done a lot of improvements to my estate and this list can go on forever so I highly recommend them.
first post mod please take note, something fishy here
vabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #24

not so much the MA, more on the staffs that manage the project
This is the truth. The industry doesn't have standardized processes even for the big companies. Your MA Manager assigned to your development matters more than the company.
kzonexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 11:10 AM   #25
Master Member

You created a HWZ account just to advertise here?

My experience with your company has been ****, staff very unprofessional and very very rude.
GBC, cscs3 and tokidoki_sg like this.
hindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

A few years ago, before our unit got enbloc, we were serviced for a few years by Newman&Goh before we terminated them.
The MA in charge was not pro active, and we were starting to get uneasy with the costly contractors that the company recommended. Anyway, we changed them for another company that was backed by a no of referees.

I happened to have a friend who rented a unit in an estate managed by the same company, and I understand the estate is very poorly maintained.
Thats quite normal. Most of them are looking for extra $ by recommending repair and upgrade work in the estate, especially the painting work required by so call BCA regulation.

My suggestion is to get seperate quotation in parallel with these so call management agent (MA).
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 11:43 AM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

Fully agreed. Know this company well.
Old 19-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is true. But keep in mind members duty is FOC. Is easy to complain until you are the one into the same position.

Is also common for some residents to think he paid $ and demand every cents out from the $.

This is why leaving work to MA. But unlike Town Council who is subject to audit and public complaint. MA basically do what ever they want if members are not careful on their account book. Especially if your estate has accumunicated some amount of sinking fund. Everyone will think of a ideal trying to spend it!

Last edited by cscs3; 19-05-2017 at 12:01 PM..
Old 19-05-2017, 12:54 PM   #29

You created a HWZ account just to advertise here?

My experience with your company has been ****, staff very unprofessional and very very rude.
No it's not my company. I've been living in Atrium Residences for the past 6yrs. First 2yrs was tough dealing with an MA which was never around. When Barringham took over, the changes they started to make were indeed very welcoming. I wouldn't call them the perfect MA of course, there's no such thing. But with minimal supervision and as long as we do our part as council such as not delaying their signing of cheques, they will tend to go the extra mile for us. Their fees are affordable, and for a two-tier MC we have currently, I can say we get what we pay for. Just sharing my experience with them for the past 4yrs. Feel free to view my estate if you'd like. What is the longest your MA has lasted? I'm curious too.
Old 19-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #30

Mod knows better than any of you here on when I registered for this account.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.