HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Who is a good MCST service provider in Singapore?

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mod knows better than any of you here on when I registered for this account.
We all can see you registered this account in june 2013, left it dormant and started to be active when it comes to MA discussion

hardwriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 04:31 PM   #32

We all can see you registered this account in june 2013, left it dormant and started to be active when it comes to MA discussion
And your point is?
shazri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 05:10 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

stay away from Nouvelle Property Management Solutions Pte Ltd
mun_hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 10:05 AM   #34

Are you overpaying your condo maintenance fees?

If you think you are, it is probably because your condo is not getting competitive quotations for the various services.

Tell your property manager (from any property management company) to get quotations on pegaxis.com, which has the largest pool of contractors and you can ensure that the tender process is transparent.

Your condo can also save 2% via their cashback program on all your condo expenditure when you source for quotations on Pegaxis.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
pohchenwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #35

Hi since you guys are discussing about MCST matters, I need your advise on how to report corrupt Complex Manager who try to skim off money from new tenants like myself. The company he works for appears on this forum too, Here's my story- Just rented a commercial property in the west and we planned to conduct very minimal renovation works in the premise. First of all the premise is own by a private owner and all works has been endorsed by him. The only work we are going to do is to replace the soiled carpet to vinyl flooring as well as to install a tiny cabinet for the pantry which includes connecting pipe to the existing water inlet and outlet pipe (which is protruding from the wall). No hacking works what so ever is required to do the job. As honest people we approached the Complex manager to get a permit to work. We had to pay for the permit and also had to place a $2K deposit as a surety to conduct the renovation works. All our work are simple and very straight forward. We chased them on a daily basis to get the permit sign but he kept telling us that it's not approve and our work on the simple water pipe connection to the already existing inlet and outlet require a Professional Mechanical Engineer to endorsed before it can be approved. Reason given- the water might be contaminated and dangerous to drink and there might be a leak. After the tenth day we could not longer wait so we personally approached him at the office to demand for the permit, this time round, he decided approve the permit which we received on the next day. However, only the vinyl flooring is approved, the installation of cabinet for the pantry is approved but the pipe connection to the existing water inlet and outlet is not approved. So he decided to delay us of our operations again. This has been going on for close to 2 months and we are paying rent for the premise. Imagine having a pantry without water..He still insisted that we need an M&E Engineer to endorsed the water connection which I think is a ridiculous and over board request. We wrote to his management but if they still plan to delay our works again, we plan to file a complain to the authorities. Does any one in this forum have any other recommendations.

Last edited by Sivirizi; 19-11-2017 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Sivirizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 08:23 AM   #36
High Supremacy Member

learn to split text into paragraphs...
Old 21-11-2017, 09:35 AM   #37

Maintenance fees and sinking funds depend on your annual budgeting. Some council members will screen through every single term contract sum and look into the man power deployed in the estate such as Pool maintenance, security guards, housekeeping/cleaners, gardeners etc. Than the MA shall be tasked to look into their SOP and performance.
The big 4s are:
1. JLL
2. Savills
3. KnightFrank
4. Edmund Tie(Dtz)
TripleJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 06:40 PM   #38

Try to stay away from Savills. The local team is not professional. A lot of bad reviews from their HQ (UK) as well. Big no for me if I am to choose. Just my 2 cents worth.
ninezenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 10:39 PM   #39

So far to be honest the service provided by the smaller firms seems to be a lot better compared to the big/ well-known companies.

Smaller firms usually have their top management involved in the estate matters and are always reachable thru mobile or watsapp group chat and things seem to move pretty quickly, (eg. reported light bulb @ corridor/lift blown, gym equipment not working, function room aircon not working, etc.) are always attended to within a few days.

Larger firms tend to have many different staffs and they always deploy inexperience staffs on site and managed by a more experienced manager. usually these young staff cannot make decisions and will kick the ball around to their managers and drag very long for something very simple and gives the residents ridiculous reasons like HQ manager has yet to approve the job, contractor yet to send in the report after assessing, they cannot make the decisions as they need to seek approval. All these for a simple light bulb change or repairing a toilet bowl which is constantly running water and wasting precious MCST money.

All in all , i would go with a good smaller MA firm who cherishes their business with the MCST and will put in the extra mile not to inconvenience the residents and put their interest of the residents in priority than a large firm who has so much "protocols" to change a light bulbs and claim they are very busy with other things.
tivo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 11:02 PM   #40

My own experience from the viewpoint of consumer to an estate manager (my job)... whichever brand or size of the MA firm are all nothing but consumers' perception. The truth is often further away than we think.

It all lies with the Condo Manager (CM) that lands in your estate.
This job requires very good people-skills (to handle residents) and strong leadership qualities (to handle your team) and ideally packs certain level wisdom, especially in the area of finance. Bear in mind the team consist of easily of 6-8 security guards split into 2 watches, landscaping team of approximately 4-6 guys, and a 10-men cleaning team. These people, while most are employed under term contractors, is in the direct people upkeeping the estate. A good CM can motivate all these people to work well, while a lousy one doesn't even know when the cleaner is skiving. A good CM manages workload to everyone while a nonchalant one often keep adding unnecessary workload to everyone. A well-informed CM will irrigate the necessary products into the estate and improve living, which a poorly informed one don't even realized today living in HDB is more advanced than living in some of the condominiums. So which of these has something to do with whatever existing technology or accountability system that the MA firm has adopted? Almost next to none.

Today, I run a 20years old 750-unit condominium with a 5-man team consisting of 2 Property Officers (PO) and 3 other technicians, clearing tons of backlogs that has been choked up over the years from numerous disgruntled residents. My POs are pretty new to the trade but considered diligent. My technicians each have their set of disciplinary challenges. The good one is often absent (leave/MC) but solves problems. The other has avoidance issues when it comes to work but is much lesser of an absentee. Adding to the challenge is low maintenance fund that threatens eating into sinking fund. It seems that we are doing badly because the turnover of CM is too frequent, and many things aren't handed over each time a change occurs. Bearing in mind these people are graduates who are supposed to be qualified for the job, and these backlogs date as far back from 5 years ago when those 'big brands' run the show. Nothing is done.

Can push, push. Cannot push, delay. Hopefully you will forget...
I stayed in a new condo which is ran by a 'big brand' MA and a CM that lacks sufficient technical sense. The result is having many of the pre-csc jobs not done up to standard and now has to be shouldered by our very own maintenance fund. The condo is built by a local 'big brand' developer which quality can't even hold a candle to the china brands. Can't tell how much my disappointment.

Back to my job, I am glad backlogs are gradually starting to clear and work morale are starting to pick up every since I took over the CM position. I don't have the relevant qualifications, only the heart to keep learning, and do whatever I can. Still, I don't bring my work home, neither do I allow my team to bring their work home. A weekend has to be a weekend to everyone, but sometimes do requires my sacrifices to come back and do whatever that is necessary instead of enjoying the luxury of 'delegating'. Food is something I bless my team with too.

So... in conclusion... balls to the 'big brands' that have rejected my applications in the past and leaving the kind of '****' behind by their so-called qualified CM. My advise.... there's only 1 way to ensure better chance of landing a good CM... that is call for an interview with the eventual assigned CM to assess the estate before awarding contract.
Superbike83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #41

My own experience from the viewpoint of consumer to an estate manager (my job)... whichever brand or size of the MA firm are all nothing but consumers' perception. The truth is often further away than we think.

It all lies with the Condo Manager (CM) that lands in your estate.
This job requires very good people-skills (to handle residents) and strong leadership qualities (to handle your team) and ideally packs certain level wisdom, especially in the area of finance. Bear in mind the team consist of easily of 6-8 security guards split into 2 watches, landscaping team of approximately 4-6 guys, and a 10-men cleaning team. These people, while most are employed under term contractors, is in the direct people upkeeping the estate. A good CM can motivate all these people to work well, while a lousy one doesn't even know when the cleaner is skiving. A good CM manages workload to everyone while a nonchalant one often keep adding unnecessary workload to everyone. A well-informed CM will irrigate the necessary products into the estate and improve living, which a poorly informed one don't even realized today living in HDB is more advanced than living in some of the condominiums. So which of these has something to do with whatever existing technology or accountability system that the MA firm has adopted? Almost next to none.

Today, I run a 20years old 750-unit condominium with a 5-man team consisting of 2 Property Officers (PO) and 3 other technicians, clearing tons of backlogs that has been choked up over the years from numerous disgruntled residents. My POs are pretty new to the trade but considered diligent. My technicians each have their set of disciplinary challenges. The good one is often absent (leave/MC) but solves problems. The other has avoidance issues when it comes to work but is much lesser of an absentee. Adding to the challenge is low maintenance fund that threatens eating into sinking fund. It seems that we are doing badly because the turnover of CM is too frequent, and many things aren't handed over each time a change occurs. Bearing in mind these people are graduates who are supposed to be qualified for the job, and these backlogs date as far back from 5 years ago when those 'big brands' run the show. Nothing is done.

Can push, push. Cannot push, delay. Hopefully you will forget...
I stayed in a new condo which is ran by a 'big brand' MA and a CM that lacks sufficient technical sense. The result is having many of the pre-csc jobs not done up to standard and now has to be shouldered by our very own maintenance fund. The condo is built by a local 'big brand' developer which quality can't even hold a candle to the china brands. Can't tell how much my disappointment.

Back to my job, I am glad backlogs are gradually starting to clear and work morale are starting to pick up every since I took over the CM position. I don't have the relevant qualifications, only the heart to keep learning, and do whatever I can. Still, I don't bring my work home, neither do I allow my team to bring their work home. A weekend has to be a weekend to everyone, but sometimes do requires my sacrifices to come back and do whatever that is necessary instead of enjoying the luxury of 'delegating'. Food is something I bless my team with too.

So... in conclusion... balls to the 'big brands' that have rejected my applications in the past and leaving the kind of '****' behind by their so-called qualified CM. My advise.... there's only 1 way to ensure better chance of landing a good CM... that is call for an interview with the eventual assigned CM to assess the estate before awarding contract.
Good sharing. Are you able to tell us which MA you are from?
NVHKLEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 07:32 AM   #42
Master Member

Hi since you guys are discussing about MCST matters, I need your advise on how to report corrupt Complex Manager who try to skim off money from new tenants like myself. The company he works for appears on this forum too, Here's my story- Just rented a commercial property in the west and we planned to conduct very minimal renovation works in the premise. First of all the premise is own by a private owner and all works has been endorsed by him. The only work we are going to do is to replace the soiled carpet to vinyl flooring as well as to install a tiny cabinet for the pantry which includes connecting pipe to the existing water inlet and outlet pipe (which is protruding from the wall). No hacking works what so ever is required to do the job. As honest people we approached the Complex manager to get a permit to work. We had to pay for the permit and also had to place a $2K deposit as a surety to conduct the renovation works. All our work are simple and very straight forward. We chased them on a daily basis to get the permit sign but he kept telling us that it's not approve and our work on the simple water pipe connection to the already existing inlet and outlet require a Professional Mechanical Engineer to endorsed before it can be approved. Reason given- the water might be contaminated and dangerous to drink and there might be a leak. After the tenth day we could not longer wait so we personally approached him at the office to demand for the permit, this time round, he decided approve the permit which we received on the next day. However, only the vinyl flooring is approved, the installation of cabinet for the pantry is approved but the pipe connection to the existing water inlet and outlet is not approved. So he decided to delay us of our operations again. This has been going on for close to 2 months and we are paying rent for the premise. Imagine having a pantry without water..He still insisted that we need an M&E Engineer to endorsed the water connection which I think is a ridiculous and over board request. We wrote to his management but if they still plan to delay our works again, we plan to file a complain to the authorities. Does any one in this forum have any other recommendations.
What u think doesn’t matter. If he says the endorsement is needed, then it is needed. He already explained the reasons too but you don’t buy it, and you want to push the blame and even approach the authorities.

Go ahead. You are wasting time.
plsbanthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 03:54 AM   #43

You created a HWZ account just to advertise here?

My experience with your company has been ****, staff very unprofessional and very very rude.
Totally agree!! Stay away from Barringham International Property Management Pte Ltd. AT ALL COST!!

The staff are really very very rude!! Really!! The staff called me and utter vulgarity to me when I ask where is my unit's aircon compressor.

Ppl may think there may be something happened during the conversation and the staff thus reacted in such way.

The point here is, how can a service provider utter vulgarity (using fxxk you, cb) when the customer is asking things related to condo?

The experience with this company is the most horrific one, as this is the 1st time I encounter a service staff utter vulgarity for a legitimate question.

Last edited by BellyLee; 24-12-2018 at 04:47 AM..
BellyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #44

Arrow Managing services

Greetings from Good Day Properties Management Pte Ltd.
We are a new local property management company that has many years of experience in this field of work. Our aim is to always work hand in hand with residents to meet their expectation.
We pride ourselves as being a nimble Managing Agent, Prompt in response, swift in decision and effective in action.
Should your esteemed development require such services, we would be glad to arrange a "no obligation" meeting with you, at your convenience to discuss the possibility of working together.

Please PM for more info.
JDR006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 09:24 PM   #45

May I humbly ask why is it so?
Stevietan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.