[[[[WELCOME TO HONG KONG~!!!!]]]]]

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid i cant be of much help for the places u r interested in. I guess a lady forummer will be able to assist ... :s22:

i'm not afraid of that. its for the questions i posted earlier on but seems like all missed it out.

well, it's ok. prolly too late to have any replies already. thanks anyway.

w3nGaL

Reaction score
i hope this helps.

Granville road opens later in the noon time and close around 10pm (if i recalled correctly) lostsa factory outlet clothing, cosmetics and skincare and some shops sells pretty unique clothing (as compare to those in fa yuen street)

ladies, sai yueng choi streets, fa yuen streets all close late at night around 12am-1am. ladies street sells alot of fakes, fa yuen street is a must must go for women! first part of the streets sell sport shoes and second part sells lotsa clothing, bags and shoes. dont need to go too early, say around 1pm onwards shd be fine.

wang jiao zhong xin, seems like more for youngsters. a pretty cramped mall with lotsa small shops selling fashion clothing and shoes. some likes this mall alot but seems like not all like it. for me, i canot find anything i like there during my last visit.

temple street if i recalled correctly, sells some fakes, antiques, fourtune telling is there if i am not wrong. i din really venture here so cant comment much. nothing much for fashionable ladies.

your first point and ctma i have not gone in to shop before. hope this helps :D

durianyogurt

Reaction score
ahh! i'm glad i check it out before i go pack my stuff! thanks alot, w3ngal!

Thanks thewiseone. your other post did help me on other things. hahah.

and, bye people! shall update on my trip when i'm back!

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Have a nice trip! :D Look forward to hearing about it when u r back ...

ahh! i'm glad i check it out before i go pack my stuff! thanks alot, w3ngal!

Thanks thewiseone. your other post did help me on other things. hahah.

and, bye people! shall update on my trip when i'm back!

demongod

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi i just came back and i stayed here. The easiest way is just to take the A22 from Airport, goes straight here in around 35mins. Costs 39 HKD . The bus has a LED screen showing the hotel when it reaches so just look at it, its the 12th stop if i remember correctly. After that just walk up for around 5mins and you will be there.

Hi everyone,

I will be going to HK next friday. Will be staying at Regal Oriental hotel. The address is 30 - 38 Sa Po Road , Kowloon City, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Does anyone know the nearest MTR statation to/from the hotel and also the directions. I did a search earlier and am getting some mixed results, some pple mention its Kowloon Tong MTR and some say its Wong Tai Sin?

demongod

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Just curious, but have you guys been to lei yue men for seafood there? Around how much did you spend, i feel kinda ripped off after going there last night.

chacosg

Reaction score
Steamboat

hi all

i last visited HK 2 years and everytime i go i would enjoying having steamboat (much much better than S'pore). I tried once in Causeway Bay and TST (better)

Wondering if any of you can recommend a few steamboat places for my short business trip in end July. Thanks!

xeviouss

Reaction score
Yes u can, the ride should take about 30mins. Just get off when u see the most busy pedestrian crossing in HK. I dont think u will miss it... :D You can take any trams towards causeway bay direction except trams going towards Happy Valley.

Just in case anyone needs a cityflyer route map, here's a scanned version. Dosent include A10 though.
http://i32.tinypic.com/30wwheo.jpg

Thanks! Will try the electric tram if time permits.

Realised that you are helping me also in the japan thread. Really appreciate it, cos i'm like going crazy planning for hk in july and japan in august. actually the japan is a headache..

i have another question, the minibus no. 1 can be found easily on the peak rite? the minibus no. 1 will bring me back to star ferry? cos i planning to take the star ferry back to tst.

daniujie

Reaction score
going to HK next week, just like to noe if there are cheap vegetarian food around ladies street. Thks

spreemeaway

Reaction score
wow... theres rain rated at black but din expect the whole northern lantau highway to flood till so badly... better check the status of the roads before leaving sg.

Was caught in it... just as we were checking out, and leaving the luggage with the concierge (before going for final shopping), the bellboy told us that the hotel transfer bus back to the airport wasn't in operation as it was flooded and in danger of landslide. (And we had no idea black storm = stay indoors, just that it would be super heavy rain. We had yellow alert on Wednesday too.)

In the end, we took a cab to Kowloon and a train down to the airport, for about S$25 in total. Travel time from Kowloon train station to airport is barely 40 minutes.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
On the subject of leaving luggage with concierge for last min shopping, i just like to highlight one advantage for purchasing/using return Airport Express ticket. If u have the Airport Express return ticket, u can actually check in at any of the satellite stations, i.e. 1 at Hong Kong MTR and another at Kowloon MTR. U can check in all your check-in luggage and your boarding pass will be issued to u on the spot. Thereafter, u are free to travel all over HK w/o lugging all the extra luggage / go back to hotel to collect luggage for your last min shopping. Just be at the boarding gate 30 mins (if i'm not wrong) b4 boarding. Easy and stress free really ...:)

Was caught in it... just as we were checking out, and leaving the luggage with the concierge (before going for final shopping), the bellboy told us that the hotel transfer bus back to the airport wasn't in operation as it was flooded and in danger of landslide. (And we had no idea black storm = stay indoors, just that it would be super heavy rain. We had yellow alert on Wednesday too.)

In the end, we took a cab to Kowloon and a train down to the airport, for about S$25 in total. Travel time from Kowloon train station to airport is barely 40 minutes.

Last edited:

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Thanks! Will try the electric tram if time permits.

Realised that you are helping me also in the japan thread. Really appreciate it, cos i'm like going crazy planning for hk in july and japan in august. actually the japan is a headache..

i have another question, the minibus no. 1 can be found easily on the peak rite? the minibus no. 1 will bring me back to star ferry? cos i planning to take the star ferry back to tst.

Oh, i didnt even realize that :s13:
Yes, minibus no1 can be found on the peak, its at the same place as the bus. It will bring u back to IFC (very near star ferry)

Anyway, good luck for ur trips!

icequeenz

Reaction score
On the subject of leaving luggage with concierge for last min shopping, i just like to highlight one advantage for purchasing/using return Airport Express ticket. If u have the Airport Express return ticket, u can actually check in at any of the satellite stations, i.e. 1 at Hong Kong MTR and another at Kowloon MTR. U can check in all your check-in luggage and your boarding pass will be issued to u on the spot. Thereafter, u are free to travel all over HK w/o lugging all the extra luggage / go back to hotel to collect luggage for your last min shopping. Just be at the boarding gate 30 mins (if i'm not wrong) b4 boarding. Easy and stress free really ...:)

thou be reminded that certain airlines do not qualify for in-town check-in....flights like our fav jetstar.

xeviouss

Reaction score
Oh, i didnt even realize that :s13:
Yes, minibus no1 can be found on the peak, its at the same place as the bus. It will bring u back to IFC (very near star ferry)

Anyway, good luck for ur trips!

Thanks!

HK itinenary is sort of done.. Have to get back to the Japan one, which is more confusing..

kikilin

Reaction score
Hi,

Where can I get those branded goods at a cheap price? Heard that there is a some sort of factory outlet tat gt sell those rejected branded goods? Branded goods as in Gucci, LV and etc.

HI ILOVEHOLIDAY,
I though you're talking about our well known dessert shop "Yuen Kee Dessert" which is locate at NO# 32 Centre Street, Sai Wan. Actually, steamed egg with sesame paste is not poppular in HK. Normally, the dessert shop will show steamed egg, sesame paste separately as we seldom combine two of these dessert altogether.
For more poppular, you may try red/ green bean soup with TO-FU fa. You may try at Heng Fa Dessert which is locate at Causeway Bay. Beside, Heng Fa Dessert also make great in steamed egg/ steamed milk.

The most famous egg tart shop must go- Tai Cheong Bakery 泰昌餅家 which is locate at 35 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central.
For Hongkongers brand craze. Honestly, our youngers are super famous brand (Gucci, LV) manaic. Part of them love Japan style, so they prefer (Visvim, Undercover, Y3 etc), Neverthless, a lot of youngers are support local design such as (Chocolate, Dusty, Fingercrxx, K2 Factory etc) But all of them not cheap, roughly spend HKD$150-250 for a tee.

adrielneo

Reaction score
WTB help/advices... I read that "Twist" and "The Sun Arcade" got sell those cheaper LV, Prada, Gucci and stuffs... Got the link of all the warehouse/outlets of other brands too but those were a little old... Anyway im looking for brands i mentioned above in addition to Nike, Adidas, Asics, Onitsuka Tiger, A&F... Any not forgetting good foods too... Will be in HK from 18-30 June.... So can visit many many places... Thus... WTB help/advices?:s12:

blurgal2701

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm deciding between YMCA Int'l House and Metropark Mongkok.
Which one is more recommended?

Another thing is does anyone knows which CityBus goes to YMCA Int'l House and Metropark Mongkok?

I only know A21 goes to Metropark Mongkok but read from somewhere that A21 only have one way transport FROM airport. So on the last day if i want to go TO airport, which bus no. shd I take?

MANY THANKS! :love:

jocjoc

Reaction score
WTB help/advices... I read that "Twist" and "The Sun Arcade" got sell those cheaper LV, Prada, Gucci and stuffs... Got the link of all the warehouse/outlets of other brands too but those were a little old... Anyway im looking for brands i mentioned above in addition to Nike, Adidas, Asics, Onitsuka Tiger, A&F... Any not forgetting good foods too... Will be in HK from 18-30 June.... So can visit many many places... Thus... WTB help/advices?:s12:

hey i get to know abt Twist from this thread as well. But one of my HK friend told me recently that Twist does not sells Gucci bags..only wallet. Anyway i will still go over Twist if possible, as i want a Gucci bag.
Wow u going for so long? i will be there on 28th Jun :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.