HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[[[[WELCOME TO HONG KONG~!!!!]]]]]

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #181

ya i guess i will take the tram but i will take from the peak down, and take cab up the peak instead. i think juz take once to experience it hee.

anyone tried the cafe deco at the peak? nice in terms of food?
w3nGaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #182
Master Member

It can be pretty hazy even in the day.. it can be disappointing if its hazy as u'll miss the great view from the top.

James is right, cabs are everywhere in HK, rarely do u have to wait for more than 5 mins for one. For those interested to take the easy path to the peak and especially if there's a few of u, forget abt buses and peak tram, just get a cab up to the Peak. Its not expensive, save u the long walk to the lower peak tram station and more importantly, saves u the waiting time if the tram ride is crowded. Also, there's really not much to it for the tram ride. Nothing much to see except private apartments and buildings and the experience of the ride on a steep slope. For the sake of experience, i suggest to take the tram ride down instead.

The photos will illustrate my point ...

Cabs are everywhere in Hong KOng...

Wax museum, I would say 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on your speed and what u want to do (eg take photos etc)

Seriously depending on your luck, nowadays HK night at the Peak is pretty hazy...

Last edited by thewiseone; 02-06-2008 at 06:32 PM..
thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #183
Greater Supremacy Member

hi guys

i am going on wednesday so i am a little bit lost now, i have a few questions hopefully u guys can help me

1. where can i find nice roasted pigeon, dum sum, roast meat etc
2. also where is the more reasonably priced place for seafood or is jumbo good
3. Are there still the factory outlets for esprit, nike, adidas etc
4. What is the best time to go DisneyLand
5. Any highly recommended place in HK to go
Old 03-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #184

Hi,

If I did not rememeber wrongly we can take Bus 15C outer Central Ferry Pier to the lower peak tram station, is it still there?

Thanks
atmm280378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #185
Supremacy Member

Hi,

If I did not rememeber wrongly we can take Bus 15C outer Central Ferry Pier to the lower peak tram station, is it still there?

Thanks
Cant remember the bus number... but it's topless bus so on a cool day, it is very enjoyable
Old 03-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #186

15C is still there. But do take note that the since Old Central Ferry Pier issnt there anymore, so you have to board 15C from the new star ferry pier (Pier 7). Frequency is approximately 30mins.

Personally, i would normally either walk up the peak by taking the escalators up to mid-levels, and then walk thru the pavements (You are walking thru some of the more expensive housing in HK, great view and experience too) or if u really want to experience the peak tram then take the peak tram up.

And when going down, nothing is better than taking a double decker bus (service 15) down from the peak itself, its a exciting ride down compared to the monotonous peak tram that only goes down the tracks.

Last edited by CharmanderWong; 03-06-2008 at 06:45 PM..
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #187
Master Member

hi I just wanna know where or what are the places to go for wholesale? I only know argle center.......and can you recommend me a ferry to go macau?
???? can help?
EquinOoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #188

???? can help?
For ferries to macau, if u are staying in Hong Kong island, take the TurboJet ferries from Shun Tak Center (Sheung Wan MTR). Otherwise if u are staying in Kowloon/Tsim Sha Tsui, take the New World First Ferry's Ferries from Tsim Sha Tsui Ferry Terminal (The place is also the Star Ferry terminal in TST). You will have to walk into the shopping center and find the berth to board for TST side.

Ferry Schedules are avaliable here for your reference:
http://www.nwff.com.hk/english/sched...=25&line=macau
http://www.turbojet.com.hk/eng/schedule/prd.html
Old 04-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #189

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, when did the central pier move? My last visit to Hong Kong was in Oct 2006.
atmm280378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #190

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, when did the central pier move? My last visit to Hong Kong was in Oct 2006.
The pier is now infront of the IFC building (Hong Kong Airport Express Station), basically most of the piers are now together at the same location (Lamma island/Cheung Chau/Discovery bay/etc..). The old pier is located infront of the hsbc building.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #191

Hello limeiyan1231, it's my first post here.

This is very thoughtful of you to share information about Hong Kong with us.

I will be going to Hong Kong somewhere mid-late Jun, may I know do you have any recommendations for quiet bars (like those shown in many tvb dramas)?

Also, any shopping areas to recommend? I only know about Causeway Bay, Central, Nathan Road at Tsim Sha Tsui and Mong Kok.

Thank you!

Thanks for your appreciate.
I seldom go bars, but u also can see below URL as ur reference.
http://bar.up4food.com/clubhouse

if you like chinese traditional, go Stanley Market. Stanley also got some bars at sidewalk.
Feel not bad.
For your reference
http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=9768
limeiyan1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #192

hi limeiyan

can share how to get to lan kwai fong?

and where can i get cosmetics or skincare from tsimshatsui or any other places?

thanks.

To go and get cosmetic and skin care you may try to go Bonjour or Sasa. It's popular in HK.
Price reasonable and you may try to go "龍城藥房" 九龍尖沙咀加連威老道28號 (No# 28 Granville Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon)
Old 04-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #193

hi limeiyan1231, erm, they dun have double bed for couple? can't
seem to find it. as for e shower/toilet issit inside e room or
shared type like in an outside area? wat bout safety at nite?
need to pay deposit? thanks.
HI~ They shld got double bed for couple. Just need to call and confirm.
Normally, The shower and toilet is inside the room. It's safe, but just keep note your baggage and wallet will do.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #194

Hello..will be going HK from 7-10 Jun.
But 9 Jun is their public holiday - Tuen Ng Festival and 10 Jun is also their public holiday.

Just wondering if the night markets / shopping ctr / lai chi kok area will be closed?

appreciate everyone kind advise on this matter..!
HI~
For Lai Chi Kok Aera would be close that day.
But Mong Kok night market / Causeway Bay or central shopping central will still open.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #195

Hi limeiyan1231,

Thanks for all your advice and useful information. You are of really great help to everyone here.

Am going hong kong in July. Any recommendation for steamboat and what do you recommend one wear in hong kong in July. Bermudas and T-shirt? will be chilly at night?

Thanks!
1nonly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.