HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[[[[WELCOME TO HONG KONG~!!!!]]]]]

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #16

Cool, a real hong konger. Is it possible to rent apartment room (for 2 -3 ppl) for just a few days like 3 to days? How much it will cost at hk island, kowlooon or new territories? DO I need to know someone who live there locally to rent?

thanks so much!
HI~
If you don't consider live in our hotel. I found a website for your reference ( but it's chinese version only) http://www.1-hong-kong.com/hktbig5/111/01-01.htm
It's cheap, but pls don't expect to have a plenty facilities, normally they only can provide Shower, bed, TV and water. If you want, i can call and book for you.
limeiyan1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #17

Hi limeiyan1231,

Thanks for the recommendations. Will definitely try out the Ki Tsui Cake Shop at Fa Yuen St for my next trip. Yes, i'm well aware that HK MTR = SG MRT but when i referred to the LRT at Yuen Long, i'm referring to Light Rail in HK. You dont have MTR/KCR stops called Tai Tong Road Station do u? One thing about Hang Heung in Yuen Long is the freshness of its bakery. U can buy the same stuff from an outlet at Sogo Causeway Bay for example but the things are not as fresh from my experience. I also found a little shop at Yuen Long (near Hang Heung) that sells peanut sweet. Really very nice, has little coconut bits inside. Its on my MUST BUY for my next trip.

Haha~~ I understand. Because i seldom by LRT and I never notice their short form, normally we call in cantonese, so i though u're talking abt MTR. Sorry for mistake you.
And i correct it right now.

For Heng Heung stuff always sell in some big centre or supermarket. But we've no idea where are their station. Yap, you're right. It's not fresh at all coz they deliver from Hang Heung Yuen Long side.

BTW, When is your next trip?

Last edited by limeiyan1231; 16-05-2008 at 12:02 PM..
Old 16-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #18
Master Member

Limeiyan1231, would appreciate if u can tell me how to get to Tai Cheong Bakery if i were to take the MTR. It doesnt appear to be any MTR stations nearby. Whats the best way to get there? Are there any other nice egg tart shops apart from Tai Cheong Bakery? Thks!

The most famous egg tart shop must go- Tai Cheong Bakery 泰昌餅家 which is locate at 35 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central.
For Hongkongers brand craze. Honestly, our youngers are super famous brand (Gucci, LV) manaic. Part of them love Japan style, so they prefer (Visvim, Undercover, Y3 etc), Neverthless, a lot of youngers are support local design such as (Chocolate, Dusty, Fingercrxx, K2 Factory etc) But all of them not cheap, roughly spend HKD$150-250 for a tee.
thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #19

may i know which one is cheap, near to mtr and shopping areas.. just need a place to lie down at nite only but also not too run down ones.Thank you.
dbeng99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #20
Master Member

No problems. BTW, what do u call Light Rail in Cantonese? My last trip was end Feb to early March this year. I'll be dropping by again around Nov this year, straight from Taiwan. Really like the weather in HK during my last trip, with temp dropping down to lowest 6C (heavenly!!!). BTW, any nice HK dim sum places that u would recommend? The best i've tried is Maxim Palace at City Hall. Canton Deli at Gateway is also not bad. I find the very popular Chao Inn only average, though prices are very affordable.

Haha~~ I understand. Because i seldom by LRT and I never notice their short form, normally we call in cantonese, so i though u're talking abt MTR. Sorry for mistake you.
And i correct it right now.

For Heng Heung stuff always sell in some big centre or supermarket. But we've no idea where are their station. Yap, you're right. It's not fresh at all coz they deliver from Hang Heung Yuen Long side.

BTW, When is your next trip?
thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #21

can i know whats the famous 3 storey traditional HK cafe? I think its in Mongkok or something. Its in the HK adverstisements also
are you meant our cantonese food resturant?
Old 16-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #22

Limeiyan1231, would appreciate if u can tell me how to get to Tai Cheong Bakery if i were to take the MTR. It doesnt appear to be any MTR stations nearby. Whats the best way to get there? Are there any other nice egg tart shops apart from Tai Cheong Bakery? Thks!

Hi
Can go by MTR station "Central" and Pedder Stree Exit (shld be D2)
Pls see at map Green color Exit icon are MTR "Central Exit"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23680573@N03/2496552180/
Old 16-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #23

may i know which one is cheap, near to mtr and shopping areas.. just need a place to lie down at nite only but also not too run down ones.Thank you.
May i know your budget per night?
Old 16-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #24

No problems. BTW, what do u call Light Rail in Cantonese? My last trip was end Feb to early March this year. I'll be dropping by again around Nov this year, straight from Taiwan. Really like the weather in HK during my last trip, with temp dropping down to lowest 6C (heavenly!!!). BTW, any nice HK dim sum places that u would recommend? The best i've tried is Maxim Palace at City Hall. Canton Deli at Gateway is also not bad. I find the very popular Chao Inn only average, though prices are very affordable.
we call 輕鐵for LTR, for Nov is great season to come! comfortable whether.
For dim sum places i recommend Toa Heng Super 88 (稻香超級漁港) , Causeway Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui, Mong Kok also got. Tao Heng also poppular in HK. depends which period you go, part of weekdays costs cheaper then weekend. I tried it before, no doubt they can provide good dim sum food. what dim sum u like the most?
Old 16-05-2008, 01:13 PM   #25

More suggestion.

Personally, I prefer go Ocean park than Disney Park.
I never been to Disney Park cause so far got a lot undesired comment.
The price is higher than Ocean Park but not really value.
Neverthless, part of Disney maniac got alot of great memorise of it.

Ocean Park

Disney HK~
Old 16-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #26

Great information! I shall visit the places you mentioned when I visit hongkong the next time! Thank you
Old 16-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #27

May i know your budget per night?

Thanks for the reply.

my budget is around sin $60, services apartment for family of 3 .
dbeng99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #28

Need Help!

Hi there, i need ur help badly!!! i will be travelling to hong kong soon and i have no idea on where to go there... Can u suggest me places of interests that are must go and foods that are must eat? i will be staying in mongkok area.
mat2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #29
Master Member

are you meant our cantonese food resturant?
cha chan ting.....
EquinOoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #30

Thanks for the reply.

my budget is around sin $60, services apartment for family of 3 .

Around HKD$330 / night.
I know some service apartment around $200/ night which is at causeway bay but i dun think can includ 3 adult. If 3 adult sleep in same bed, Maybe a little bit crowed.
Beside, these rooms always rent to a couples for "FUN" (Just want let you know, this is important if you go with child, right?)

If you don't mind, I can tell you more details of it.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.