HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[[[[WELCOME TO HONG KONG~!!!!]]]]]

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #46

Ok, i'll be sure to drop by Tao Heung next trip for dim sum! I dont have any particular favourite dim sum, basically i take (sorry dont have a chinese keyboard) egg tarts, wu kok, hum sui kok, har kow, siew mai, etc. Apart from dim sum, i also like the cha chan teng food. Use to drop by the cha chan teng at Parkes Street (diagonally opposite the Mai Wen Ji Wanton Noodle). The home cooked styled dishes are mouth watering. Salted fish with minced pork, ham vegetable soup, xo sauce scallop, prawns, etc.!

Speaking of Cha Chan Teng, i was looking forward to find this one at Tai Koo. Its a Macau Cha Chan Teng which is supposed well known, featured in the HK Tai Koo Mei Sek food program. Unfortunately, the program did not show the exact address, just that its located at Tai Koo Shing Rd. Some well known dishes are Macau salted fish, pork chop bun, etc. I hunted high and low but could not find it. Any ideas?

Thks!!!
http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=9973

i found a map for you, pls see as reference.
I though you're referring "Macau Restaurant 澳門茶餐廳"
limeiyan1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 06:05 PM   #47

cool! will bring my gf to this TWIST and check it out when we go hk this coming June 28th, cos she wanted to buy a bag from gucci

thanx alot!
http://www.twist.hk/

check it out~~ Twist HK offical website
limeiyan1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #48
Master Member

Thanks Limeiyan1231! Looks like its not so well reviewed huh? Guess must always take those Food Programs review with a huge dose of salt!

I really must take my hats off to u, u seem to know HK very well (not all Hong Kongers are knowledgeable of places, especially for food). During my last trip in HK, i actually have Hong Kongers approaching me for directions instead! You must either always be travelling around hunting for good food or u must be pretty resourceful!

http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=9973

i found a map for you, pls see as reference.
I though you're referring "Macau Restaurant 澳門茶餐廳"

Last edited by thewiseone; 17-05-2008 at 09:54 PM..
thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #49

Is it a must to boil the water before drinking?
ganrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 10:58 PM   #50
Supremacy Member

Hi,

I have never been to Hong Kong and can't speak cantonese. U think I will have a problem travelling alone there? Am looking to go for a few days. Possible to bring me around if u free?
Old 18-05-2008, 06:44 AM   #51
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi All,

I am local HongKonger.
I'd like to help who enquiry about travel to Hong Kong.
Pls feel free to contact me.
I can be your free Hong Kong guide book. I'd help as far as i can.

Thank you very much.
hi. is subscrew stuff famous in hk? and wat the estimate price of the tee and cap. thk in advance.
Old 18-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #52
Arch-Supremacy Member

so twist shld be selling bags even cheaper than singapore?
otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #53

Please advise, where can i get good "臭豆腐" smelly beancurd in Hong Kong?
Lestat_26011974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #54

Oh thanks man... btw, using the public phone to call back to sg izzit expensive? wad number shld i dail to call back to sg?
Hmm...I dun think wax museum is must go place. Just depends will you go peak once. if yes.. i suggest you may go waxmuseum as well, coz it at the same place, just go wax museum and beleive it or not. Can spend you around half day at peak.
http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/routes/rou...ID=1&daytime=3
You can by bus from Causeway Bay or central to Peak, pls browse above info. NO#15 or 15B

Yes...Cantonses restaurant = cha chan ting. Worth to try once. If you like sweet stuff, pls go cha chan ting and try "Sai Dor Si 西多士

"
mat2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

I have never been to Hong Kong and can't speak cantonese. U think I will have a problem travelling alone there? Am looking to go for a few days. Possible to bring me around if u free?
Nowadays you can get by with mandarin as there's mainland Chinese visitors everywhere. There's English signs everyone.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #56

Hi all, anyone used wireless internet in HK hotel room before? Any idea which hotel charges the cheapest rate for using internet or provide complimentary internet access? Appreciate if you can share your experience. Thanks!
casche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #57

nathan hotel or YMCA intl house ?

hi guys, i am new here..
was juz wondering if any of you guys stayed at the YMCA Premier rooms ? heard it is located at the new tower of YMCA.
I have actually booked nathan hotel already but juz wana keep my options open.

THanks!
ximenqing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #58

shoppin questions!!

another shoppin question!!
sorry to trouble u guys,

but i hv read from the HongKong trip thread.. alot of ppl seem to mention about those factory warehouses at Yip Fatt Building or somewhere along tat..

Are those factories still open n selling stuffs or are they actually closed ? nobody seems to updating the info on tat, so i am not really sure..
So i guess it will be helpful to ask the local HK'er here!!

i saw the www.twist.hk website.. it helps! thanks!
can u recommend any other places tat sells branded goods at affordable prices ?

Thanks a lot!!
ximenqing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #59

Oh thanks man... btw, using the public phone to call back to sg izzit expensive? wad number shld i dail to call back to sg?
normally when travelling in HK, i get a PEOPLE prepaid sim card to put my fone. costs only HKD60 (if price still remains the same). easily available from any 7-11 stores. anytime cheaper than using roaming services.

Last edited by xl8080; 19-05-2008 at 05:03 PM..
xl8080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #60

actually up till now, i have no idea on where to go in hong kong... any recommendations or good website for reference?
mat2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.