HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[[[[WELCOME TO HONG KONG~!!!!]]]]]

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #76

actually up till now, i have no idea on where to go in hong kong... any recommendations or good website for reference?

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/index.jsp
Check it out
limeiyan1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #77

wow.. benefited so much from this thread.. haha..
so are there anymore must-try food in Hk???

i'm gg for 7 days and i'm gona stuff myself there! haha
Try 煲仔飯 (Bo Jai Fan) @ Temple Street in Mong Kok. But there only provide chinese meun.

Try 雞蛋仔

辣魚蛋(spicy fishball)
魚肉燒賣(Siu Mia)
菠蘿包
老婆餅(Wife Biscult)
豆腐花(Beancurd pudding)
Old 20-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #78

is HK going to be hot this coming sept? my friend told me HK is usually hot from June to Oct.
Yes~ The most hot season normally start in June-Oct.
Old 20-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #79

they selling brand new bags? just need to confirm as i do not want a 2nd bag
Yes.. they dun sell old style bag as boutique.
Old 20-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #80

Around HKD$330 / night.
I know some service apartment around $200/ night which is at causeway bay but i dun think can includ 3 adult. If 3 adult sleep in same bed, Maybe a little bit crowed.
Beside, these rooms always rent to a couples for "FUN" (Just want let you know, this is important if you go with child, right?)

If you don't mind, I can tell you more details of it.
Hi,

we are going with a child, so kindly recommend a decent place near to mtr.Thanks
dbeng99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #81
Master Member

Suggest u go after Oct. The earlier trip i went during mid Oct last year to HK was rather warm. If u need to walk and shop, u wont be comfortable in such a warm weather. During my last trip in end Feb this year, its so cool in HK that u can walk and walk and walk w/o feeling tired. U can also eat a lot as well!

Yes~ The most hot season normally start in June-Oct.
thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #82

PUSH~~ I've no idea of this
No worries....thanks anyway!!
casche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #83

Hi limeiyan1231,

Can check with you something? Read from another forum that all those wholesale shops at Lai Chi Kok has moved. Is this true?
casche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #84

any idea if HK/ MACAU uses the same electric charger/ adapter as us? my parents travelling tomorrow and i need to enquire for them. they need to charge their hp and camera.

sorrie but i did not really read the thread (read thru once but forgot), pls pardon me if this qns has been ans before.
w3nGaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #85
Master Member

Macau not certain but it should be the same as HK. For HK, its using the same 220V AC supply outlet with the common outlet plug configuration being the UK 3 pin type like Singapore.

any idea if HK/ MACAU uses the same electric charger/ adapter as us? my parents travelling tomorrow and i need to enquire for them. they need to charge their hp and camera.

sorrie but i did not really read the thread (read thru once but forgot), pls pardon me if this qns has been ans before.
Old 20-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #86
Master Member

Thanks, think i'll skip the Macau Cha Chan Teng.

You've been a great help to everyone here, taking the time to reply to our queries. I think in general the food outlets (restaurants, cha chan tengs, etc.) have quite a good quality for food. Sometimes, i just ventured into any restaurant / cha chan teng and was never disappointed. Sad to say, u cant do the same in Singapore. Even the food from HK fastfood outlet (tai fai lok in cantonese) is quite ok!

yap...For "Macau Cha Chan Ting" personal comment is not valuable for me. Normally spend HKD$50 or above for a dish. Not worth to try for tourist. (just my Opinion)

Thanks for your appericate.
I just want you all to have a nice and enjoyable journey in HK.
That's only way i can do.
Old 21-05-2008, 01:20 AM   #87

hi, will b gg to hk tis year ed, around christmas period... hows the weather durin tis time? is it winter or do hk have winter ?? n for the service apartment, u have any near kowloon or for the one u intro, the price is how much per nite?? n is the location safe? need a place for 2 adults for around few days to a wk... thanks
lanzhu60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #88
Supremacy Member

sure no problem if u can speak either english or mandarin.
when would you come? check my schedule first
Thanks so much! I need to check my schedule as well s recently just booked myself a trip to Vietnam, so Hong Kong got to wait a bit 1st
Old 21-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #89

ymca intl house

I think you're meant "Tsim Sha Tsui" YMCA , Coz if u talk about premier rooms, "Tsim sha Tsui" YMCA got Hong kong Habour View. The location is quite convenient to go MTR, Hong Kong Science Museum , Hong Kong Space Museum..
hmm, but i did enquire wif the YMCA international house hotel regardin their rooms.. they told me tat if i book Premier rooms, it will be in their new tower..
so was juz wondering if any of u guys stayed there before ? coz i saw quite a few of u guys sayin u stayed at YMCA international house.

Thanks limeiyan1231..
ximenqing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #90

branded goods ??

HIHI~

Pls see below website, It might help if u want to shop around outlets in HK
http://www.hkoutlets.com/outlets/

If you don't mind, go "Women Street @ Mong Kok" get a copy brand goods there, it's really affordable.
But if you mind, only can go DFS / Twist then can get cheaper brand goods.

thanks limeiyan,
i dun wish to get those copy brands goods.. so i guess i can only visit twist ? are they going to have a sale in late june ?
i heard from others in the forum that there are factories sellin those branded stuffs, so i can assume those are FAKES as well ??
ximenqing is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.