HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any hotels or accommodation in HK, feel free to ask me...

Like Tree151Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2019, 10:55 AM   #2791
Arch-Supremacy Member

if including the driver, would be 6 pax in the normal red or green taxi ???
take in so many people ???
Some, not all. Look for the round disc in front of the vehicle it'll state the number of passengers it can carry 4 or 5.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:34 PM   #2792
Supremacy Member

bro...

there isn't a choice here...

BKK now got haze, air quality really bad. not something I want to subject my loved ones too.
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se...grips-thailand

i was planning to go BKK later in March, canceled cause everyone i care about was going and i rather them not fall sick. unless u want to wear N95 mask on holiday.

Hong Kong weather now also nice. so its kinda a "no brainer"

anyway... for your budget, i would go with Dorsett Tsuen Wan ($120)... if u want to save money, Ease Access ($90), if u want to spend more Ramada Hong Kong Harbour View ($150). remember all these need to add tax.

prices pretty good now. haha... If i going... and Ramada was that price, i won't think so much
Thanks Bro.

No choice already made the choice to go BKK liao, hopefully the haze will be better.
Sambuca78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:04 PM   #2793

Thanks, still cannot make up my mind to go HKG or BKK during 27/2 to 3/3.

For HKG, which area are more recommended? My budget is not more than SGD$150 per night. Thanks.
Thanks Bro.

No choice already made the choice to go BKK liao, hopefully the haze will be better.

bring some N95 mask, just in case, and see if u can buy those small air purifiers, some are pretty portable.

take care!
Old 06-03-2019, 06:23 PM   #2794
Master Member

Do you think with budget sgd200 able to stay at metropark mongkok or metropark kowloon?
CPTMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:50 AM   #2795

Thanks for earlier advice!

Stayed a week at Shamrock and it rocks man!

The refurbishment is finished.

Was upgraded from a Standard to Superior room. Very good size compared to most Hong Kong hotels. Very new and comfy!

Do note higher, newly renovated rooms only has bath tub style bathroom. Walk in shower type think only 1st floor has. By the way, their 1st floor is actually the 3rd floor from street level. Their floors (from the street level one) are : Ground, Mezzanine, 1st, 2nd, 3rd.....

Everything else was great! Located just next to a Jordan exit.

Took A22 bus to and from airport. Very convenient and fast.

If you want to take Airport Express, the stop for the free shuttle bus is also nearby.
palmpda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:56 AM   #2796

Have you checked the OTA rates for the period of travel? What about their direct website rates?

The chain is owned by CTS (China company). Can check their member prices also:
http://www.hkctshotels.com/en/index.aspx

Do you think with budget sgd200 able to stay at metropark mongkok or metropark kowloon?
palmpda is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.