HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any hotels or accommodation in HK, feel free to ask me...

Like Tree151Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi Putmefirst,

Sham tsui poh is the lowest income district in Hong Kong. Things in Sham tsui poh are cheap...

Does it answered your question?
Don't expected branded or designer stuff there.

Dragon Centre sells IT, gadgets and accessories. Like Sim Lim Square here you need to know your stuff and prices. Accessories are cheaper than here.
If you're buying tablets, notebooks etc please ask about warranty as there's 'water' goods which are basically export sets with limited or no warranty.

Regardless I always enjoy visiting Sham Shui Po as it's less touristy compared to Temple and Ladies St markets. There's lots of good and cheap food to be found. Tim Ho Wan has a branch there.

Enjoy an authentic Hong Kong market experience in the working-class neighbourhood of Sham Shui Po. Pick from two main product categories: electronics and clothes, as this area has markets catering to both.
Apliu Street Flea Market is a popular jumble of new and second-hand computers, electronics and accessories. But even more pleasingly chaotic is the clothes market on Cheung Sha Wan Road, where fashion designers come to buy wholesale fabrics and everyone else rifles through the piles of street fashions in search of a hot find.

Source: Sham Shui Po | Hong Kong Tourism Board
s7460597 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #32

Thks to Celinebb and s7460597. The following questions:

1) Where to find cheap guy clothings? Any of their local brand boutique and where can i find them? Not branded stuff.

2) About Lama Island, the only way to get there is by ferry? Where to take ferry and buy ticket? Do you need passport to cross over to that island?

3) Macau. Where to take ferry to Macau?? Must you buy to and fro incase the coming back no ticket? And after immigration, how to walk to the ferry area? Are they same as like airport where there are gates number at waiting area for us to board the correct ferry? Or there is only one waiting area for ferry to macau?

4) Repluse bay. Are there buses from city to repulse bay, and are there always buses to and fro?? Is it easy to get a taxi at repulse bay?
putmefirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thks to Celinebb and s7460597. The following questions:

1) Where to find cheap guy clothings? Any of their local brand boutique and where can i find them? Not branded stuff.

2) About Lama Island, the only way to get there is by ferry? Where to take ferry and buy ticket? Do you need passport to cross over to that island?

3) Macau. Where to take ferry to Macau?? Must you buy to and fro incase the coming back no ticket? And after immigration, how to walk to the ferry area? Are they same as like airport where there are gates number at waiting area for us to board the correct ferry? Or there is only one waiting area for ferry to macau?

4) Repluse bay. Are there buses from city to repulse bay, and are there always buses to and fro?? Is it easy to get a taxi at repulse bay?
1. Don't knows as I usually don't buy clothes except from Uniqlo (when they have sales/promotions. Look at the thread on factory outlets.

2. Lamma - yes by ferry. It's part of HK so no passport needed.

<title>LAMMA ISLAND - Hong Kong Extras

3. Macau - there's ferry terminals in HK island and in Tsim Sha Tsui.
Very much like airport, follow the signs. Macau must bring passport!
Up to you to buy return or single trip. Avoid going weekends as lots of day trippers from HK and PRC.

Ferry between Hong Kong and Macau – Travel by Ferry between Hong Kong and Macau FAQ

4. Getting to Repulse Bay. Getting a taxi is easy in HK but not sure about Repulse Bay as I took the bus.

Repulse Bay, Deep Water Bay
Old 18-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #34

1. Don't knows as I usually don't buy clothes except from Uniqlo (when they have sales/promotions. Look at the thread on factory outlets.

Up to you to buy return or single trip. Avoid going weekends as lots of day trippers from HK and PRC.

Ferry between Hong Kong and Macau Travel by Ferry between Hong Kong and Macau FAQ

4. Getting to Repulse Bay. Getting a taxi is easy in HK but not sure about Repulse Bay as I took the bus.

4. There are not many buses which go repulse bay, and also you need to know where to get off since most buses is pass by repulse bay. If you prefer taxi, take taxi from Causeway bay or wan chai, it is more near repulse bay. But still I think the taxi fare is around HKD$100
celinebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #35

Ferry between Hong Kong and Macau Travel by Ferry between Hong Kong and Macau FAQ

3. For Macau, the terminals in HK are very small, there are just boat to macau, so you won't miss it. Also, if you are going on weekday, i don't think you need to buy return ticket, just go to the pier to buy when you back. I think it will be more convenience for your travel.
Old 18-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #36

take bus from exchange square (hong kong station). I have taken 6 and 6x.

going back to HK will be a pain, long wait for bus (most are full by the time it reaches repulse bay) and not much cabs.
lousylah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #37
d3n
High Supremacy Member

thanks guys~ goin HK nxt mth~
when u going? i going 9/9-14/9
Old 18-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #38

In macau can use HK$??? And if they change back small change in Macau$?

And why u guys like going to hK cos when i ask my friend to go together they always complain very expensive buy thing and hotel, they prefer bangkok. So what is it that make you all like going HK?
putmefirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 01:13 AM   #39

BKK is nice... and HKG is very good too.

HKG has winter. come during Dec-Feb... enjoy some cool weather, having steamboat.... clubbing on the streets of Lan Kwai Fong...

also you can do some hiking on some hills.. cool and breezy...
kmkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 02:31 AM   #40
Master Member

And why u guys like going to hK cos when i ask my friend to go together they always complain very expensive buy thing and hotel, they prefer bangkok. So what is it that make you all like going HK?
Food. Generally suited my taste as a sinkie compared to countries that I've been to.

Shopping wise, so far I prefer Seoul
Tyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #41
Supremacy Member

Sorry, missed your post. Have you been to Cheung Chau? Cheung Chau is one of the popular island, and you can have seafood there. (Although i don't think it is really good). There are many Vacation home you can rent, but it is not cheap...

If just for day trip, Lamma Island or Cheung Chau are good place.
is cheng chau the hk show film 情越爱情海?
Old 19-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

Often, shop keepers and taxi drivers try to give change in HKD with maybe some small change. There's a minority who try their luck and give you change back in MOP. If not much just spend it all before you leave Macau.

HK and Bangkok are different. Depends on what your interest.

For HK it's the food and weather which I like, hardly go sightseeing as I've been there so many times. I cross over to Lowu for shopping.

For Bangkok, it's the Thai food and shopping. Haven't been there for a few years though.
Old 19-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #43

is cheng chau the hk show film 情越爱情海?
yes... you are right.
Old 19-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #44

Is the Temple street and ladies street open on weekdays like mon to thur? Tks in adv
crissangelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #45
Supremacy Member

Is the Temple street and ladies street open on weekdays like mon to thur? Tks in adv
Actually the shops at temple/ladies street. Mongkok has them too near the shoe place i can't remember the name now

One stone kill two bird.
LesterQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.