HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any hotels or accommodation in HK, feel free to ask me...

Like Tree151Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #46

yes. open everyday.... they will setup their stall from 11am onwards..... go from 2pm to 3am...... don't buy at the first stall... walk and compare prices..... and please don't bargain if you don't intend to buy....
celinebb likes this.
kmkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #47

Is the Temple street and ladies street open on weekdays like mon to thur? Tks in adv
They open everyday from around 11:00am...but go after 12:00pm, make sure all shops are opened
celinebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #48

Hotel stay in Mongkok area

Hi!

Do you have any hotels to recommend near Mongkok station (not the mk east station) ? Would prefer it to be less than 5 mins walking distance, budget will be around 100-150 sgd per night for two people

Old 21-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #49
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Hi!

Do you have any hotels to recommend near Mongkok station (not the mk east station) ? Would prefer it to be less than 5 mins walking distance, budget will be around 100-150 sgd per night for two people

hotel MK.
Old 21-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #50

Didn't saw this thread and I created another one! Kindly advise the following..

Hi all, first time visiting HK for 5 nights.
Contemplating about the area to book the hotel.

Rough itinerary of the attractions to visit as follows:

1) Peak Tram
2) Wax Museum
3) Disneyland
4) Ocean Park
5) Ngong Ping Cable Car
6) Star Ferry + Avenue of Stars
7) Outlet shopping at Citygate and Prade at Ap Lau Chau.
8) SOHO + Lan Kwai Fong

At first, decided to book Eaton Hotel at Jordan area because it's nearby the popular Ladies Market and Temple Street night markets. After planning, seems like most of the areas I'm visiting are more or less in the vicinity of HK Island.

Am sure you experts have similar itineraries as they are pretty common areas. Care to advise me which area you guys stayed during your trip? Don't want to waste to much time travelling on the public transport

Cheers!
illusioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #51
Arch-Supremacy Member

1,2,4 and 8 with ap lei chau are on hk island. Rest are in Kowloon and Lantau. It's matter if personal preference.
Personally I porefer Jordan as there's lots of shopping and reasonably priced food in the area.
illusioned likes this.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #52

when u going? i going 9/9-14/9
8/9 to 11/9~ u goin on above date~? moi just recv my walkie talkie, gonna bring over to use~

sunsetbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #53

1,2,4 and 8 with ap lei chau are on hk island. Rest are in Kowloon and Lantau. It's matter if personal preference.
Personally I porefer Jordan as there's lots of shopping and reasonably priced food in the area.
Could you give your recommendations for shopping and food around Jordan? have decided to stay at Eaton
illusioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #54
Master Member

In macau can use HK$??? And if they change back small change in Macau$?

And why u guys like going to hK cos when i ask my friend to go together they always complain very expensive buy thing and hotel, they prefer bangkok. So what is it that make you all like going HK?
i can use HK$ in macau's the venetian, but not sure about the small change as i gave exact.

yup the things are quite expensive, food wise, at least $5 per meal, one small bowl of wanton mee is about 40 plus HKD ($6 plus sing dollars). it's not those fancy restuarants, mind you. i think fast food like macdonalds are even cheaper..

shops like H&M etc have similar pricings as those in SG, maybe just a few dollars difference (plus/minus), so it doesnt make sense to buy in HK, then lug all the way back. but the sports stuff in argyle street are a lot cheaper than those in SG.
twinklingstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

And why u guys like going to hK cos when i ask my friend to go together they always complain very expensive buy thing and hotel, they prefer bangkok. So what is it that make you all like going HK?
Food and weather. I usually make sure my HK trips are in their cooler periods (nov-apr) and it feels really nice to walk long distances without sweating like a pig. Hot dim sum to go or just a simple hot takeaway coffee feels nicer when you are out there in cool weather.

HK is definitely not a cheap destination. Hotels are expensive, food actually is pretty expensive too. But I just love their dimsum, roast meat, noodles, etc, that I don't mind paying a dollar or two (after conversion) more just to get my craving satisfied.

Bangkok IS a shopping and street food haven, which is another country which I've started to go on a regular basis. Hotel is cheap, street food is cheap and good, shopping is cheap too (but I'm not a shopping person). But you can't quite compare like that because the food both bangkok and HK offer are rather different. I think it all boils down to preference.

I prefer HK's weather, definitely. And I don't mean anything negative about Bangkok, but I do feel safer when walking around alone in HK, rather than in BKK...
Ruriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #56
Arch-Supremacy Member

Could you give your recommendations for shopping and food around Jordan? have decided to stay at Eaton
There's a lot of good food around.

Cha chaan teng

Tsui Wah
Parkes Street Branch Take-out map
G/F, 77-81 Parkes St., Jordan.
Tel : 2384 8388
Open 24 hours

Restaurants - must make reservations.

Golden Federal - Cantonese cuisine, glutinous rice is good.
Golden Federal Restaurant - Guangdong Noodles/Rice Noodles Dim Sum Restaurant in Jordan Hong Kong | OpenRice Hong Kong

Xin Dau Ji - recommended roast goose, suckling pig, open for dinner only, Michelin star restaurant
Xin Dau Ji - Guangdong Chinese BBQ Chinese Restaurant in Jordan Hong Kong | OpenRice Hong Kong
Old 27-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #57
Supremacy Member

Hi Celine, thanks for extending the helping hand.
Will be my 4th trip to hk in dec later this year.

Anything special I should be covering on this trip?
Going to focus more on annual events, if any.

Thanks and many thanks!
Old 28-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #58

Any good hotels to recommend along Nathan Road ?
Trying to do a F & E to HK for a few days in a couple of mths time.
By the way, can we take the MTR all the way to the airport
So many things to plan *sighz*
Old 28-08-2013, 04:54 AM   #59
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any good hotels to recommend along Nathan Road ?
Trying to do a F & E to HK for a few days in a couple of mths time.
By the way, can we take the MTR all the way to the airport
So many things to plan *sighz*
Which part? Nathan road stretches from tst, Jordan, Ymt, Mongkok, prince Edward . What's your budget for the room?
Couple of months means December? Second half of December is super peak so airfare and hotel rates will be expensive.

Hkia is covered by airport express. If you're on tight budget take the city flyer bus hk$35 one way. Cheapest way.
Old 28-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #60

Hi!

Metro park not bad but nearer to Prince Ed station
HotelPrimer.com - Metro Park Hotel Mongkok

Mogkok Stn.. would be langham but not cheap

HotelPrimer.com - Langham Place Hong Kong

Cheap ones around Mongkok would be those 2 stars one... better dont stay at these...
tiowher is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.