e-Channel Services for Frequent Visitors to HK

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
Anyone enroll into this service to be enable to use the automated custom clearance? Is it easy to enroll?

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, apply at the counter after the immigration counters, before the auto door out to retrieve luggage
done in less than 10mins, fill up a form, take your fingerprint and passport for verification

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
yup, apply at the counter after the immigration counters, before the auto door out to retrieve luggage
done in less than 10mins, fill up a form, take your fingerprint and passport for verification

this coming trip will be my 3rd trip in a year, not sure is it counted based on the criteria.

- Has made visits to the HKSAR via the Hong Kong International Airport for no fewer than 3 times in the past 12 months immediately before enrolment for the e-Channel service

so once registered with e-channel so the trip return I will be able to use the automated clearance?

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this coming trip will be my 3rd trip in a year, not sure is it counted based on the criteria.

- Has made visits to the HKSAR via the Hong Kong International Airport for no fewer than 3 times in the past 12 months immediately before enrolment for the e-Channel service

so once registered with e-channel so the trip return I will be able to use the automated clearance?
Yup will be counted. You can use on your return trip and beat that irritating long queue there every time

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
Yup will be counted. You can use on your return trip and beat that irritating long queue there every time

No luck, 3rd time there but the e-channel staff say need to be at least 4 times than can enroll. :(

no less than 3 times = 4th time than counted. sad...

kitkat2

Reaction score
No luck, 3rd time there but the e-channel staff say need to be at least 4 times than can enroll. :(

no less than 3 times = 4th time than counted. sad...

don't you have a frequent flyer card?

a few years ago, i showed them my cathay's marco polo card and got myself enrolled on my 1st visit.

Last edited:

Bingu Chingu

Reaction score
Didn't know foreigners are eligble for it. Thought only the Chinese and Hong Kong residents can apply for it.

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
don't you have a frequent flyer card?

a few years ago, i showed them my cathay's marco polo card and got myself enrolled on my 1st visit.

I don't have any frequent flyer card of any airline, or PPS from SIA which they have suggest, I purely make up for the number of trips to apply for it. Just 1 more and I am eligible. The return trip really can use for this e-channel service, the queue to clear immigrations is damn long, at least 30min for me while I see those using e-channel zipping pass so comfortably. Still pondering whether to make another trip by next month end if I gonna qualify for it hmmm....

kitkat2

Reaction score
I don't have any frequent flyer card of any airline, or PPS from SIA which they have suggest, I purely make up for the number of trips to apply for it. Just 1 more and I am eligible. The return trip really can use for this e-channel service, the queue to clear immigrations is damn long, at least 30min for me while I see those using e-channel zipping pass so comfortably. Still pondering whether to make another trip by next month end if I gonna qualify for it hmmm....

isn't getting a frequent flyer card easier than making 4 trips? if you had a card, you could have avoided queueing for your first 4 trips. :s22:

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
isn't getting a frequent flyer card easier than making 4 trips? if you had a card, you could have avoided queueing for your first 4 trips. :s22:

how to get the frequent flyer card, u mean from which airline? there's only pps I know which I don't think I qualify or am I wrong?

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
any frequent flyer. just to go any full service airline like cx and register.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/how-freque...t-hong-kong-airport-frequent-visitor-echannel

that sucks

Singapore Airlines: KrisFlyer Elite Gold and PPS Club
I only have 1280 miles in krisflyer after travelling 3 times to hong kong in a year, don't think I can get to gold which like more than 25000 miles.

Marco polo club which tier can get register for e-channel? Green lvl can?
I never took cathay before.

kitkat2

Reaction score
that sucks

Singapore Airlines: KrisFlyer Elite Gold and PPS Club
I only have 1280 miles in krisflyer after travelling 3 times to hong kong in a year, don't think I can get to gold which like more than 25000 miles.

Marco polo club which tier can get register for e-channel? Green lvl can?
I never took cathay before.

the list is long. dont restrict yourself to SQ.

"Cathay Pacific: all Marco Polo members"

update: it seems you need to pay to join marco polo...so choose other airlines :)

Last edited:

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
the list is long. dont restrict yourself to SQ.

"Cathay Pacific: all Marco Polo members"

update: it seems you need to pay to join marco polo...so choose other airlines :)

Marco polo green lvl
Standard benefits
Upon joining the club, Green members will enjoy the following benefits. Afterwards you can renew upon earning 100 club points or paying an annual renewal fee of USD100.

does the above mean for new member is already green without needing to pay the 100$ to join?

kitkat2

Reaction score
Marco polo green lvl
Standard benefits
Upon joining the club, Green members will enjoy the following benefits. Afterwards you can renew upon earning 100 club points or paying an annual renewal fee of USD100.

does the above mean for new member is already green without needing to pay the 100$ to join?

at the registration page, a charge of $100 is mentioned.

krisflyer silver might be accepted based the spreadsheet.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau/1072576-apply-e-channel-ff-status-2.html

do you have?

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
at the registration page, a charge of $100 is mentioned.

krisflyer silver might be accepted based the spreadsheet.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau/1072576-apply-e-channel-ff-status-2.html

do you have?

ya I just go trhough the registration for marco club and damn 100USD for joining.

for SIA is KrisFlyer Gold/PPS/Solitaire PPS lol no way I gonna get to any of those status if my usual travel is super economy. If I did not travel the last few times marco polo club will have been a more attractive route but I guess I have to travel again next month if I wanna get qualify for the e-channel.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.