End June and First week of July in HK

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any advice on whether during end June and first week of July will be ideal for holiday to HK?

Weather wise was told it will be hot and rainy at times, plane tickets is cheapest during this time. Will want to explore 1 week in HK/ Macau and Shenzhen.

Any advice for during this period

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Typhoon season typically start from June (sometimes end May) to end Oct. Very unpredictable. Although whole year also got chance to tio if weather kee siao.

Just remember to buy travel insurance. :D

Weather very hot so definitely prepare sunglasses, sunblock lotion, cap/umbrella. When it's rainy and hot, got possibility of a lot of mosquitoes. So if you or your travel partner is mozzie magnet, slap lots of insect repellent on top of the sunblock lotion....

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Typhoon season typically start from June (sometimes end May) to end Oct. Very unpredictable. Although whole year also got chance to tio if weather kee siao.

Just remember to buy travel insurance. :D

Weather very hot so definitely prepare sunglasses, sunblock lotion, cap/umbrella. When it's rainy and hot, got possibility of a lot of mosquitoes. So if you or your travel partner is mozzie magnet, slap lots of insect repellent on top of the sunblock lotion....

i see thanks. Do you think 7 days is good for Macau, Shenzhen and Hong Kong ?

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

I never went shenzhen and no intention to ever go there. But 7 days for macau and hong kong is good. Minimum at least 5 days in hk for me every year I visit though, whereas some others are happy with a 3d2n. So it depends on whether what you want to see/do there.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Short answer it's possible. However, you need to decide for yourself based on how packed or relaxed your itinerary, places and things you want to do. These vary tremendously.

If you want to go ocean park, Disney land it's a day each. Macau and shenzhen another day each. That's 4 days. Leaving 3 days for the rest of HK. If overnight in Macau leaves even less. If arrival and departure date is included, may need to deduct more time depending on arrival and departure timing.

Don't worry too much HK isn't that far away can always return if you enjoy this trip. There's no way to cover everything. It's a holiday don't stress yourself out.

I've been to hk many times. Last few tips it's 7-8 days for hk and shenzhen/Guangzhou. Mainly for the food. Some shopping. Very limited sightseeing.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.