First time to HK - sharing of itinerary

junny1

Reaction score
Hi everyone i am planning to go HK in dec for holiday. but i am in dilemma of making it 8 days or 9 days. can you help to see my planning below? my accomodation base is TST east.

day 1 - reach hotel in afternoon around 2pm.
promenade + harbour views + avenue of stars + railway clock + symphony of lights + nathan road

day 2 - HK history museum + aqua luna? + thepeak + HK park + temple street

day 3 - ngong ping village + tiantan buddha + polin monastery + heart sutra + tai-o + muiwo

day 4 - chilin nunnery + nanlian garden + kowloon walled city park + 10000 buddha + portland street?

day 5 - ocean park + harbour city shopping

day 6 - lamma island + aberdeen/stanley?

day 7 - kat hing wai + pingshan

day 8 - macau

day 9 - back to Singapore afternoon flight

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Hi everyone i am planning to go HK in dec for holiday. but i am in dilemma of making it 8 days or 9 days. can you help to see my planning below? my accomodation base is TST east.

day 1 - reach hotel in afternoon around 2pm.
promenade + harbour views + avenue of stars + railway clock + symphony of lights + nathan road

Just take note of the time the show start.

day 2 - HK history museum + aqua luna? + thepeak + HK park + temple street

Which Aqua Luna timing are you going? Evening cruise can see symphony of lights, but that will mean giving up on The Peak's night view of HK city.

Need to rearrange your sequence because HK park, being the second last on your itinerary, is best go on day time (For me lah). After shopping at temple street, can take a walk around Jordan area.

day 3 - ngong ping village + tiantan buddha + polin monastery + heart sutra + tai-o + muiwo

FYI, trip to NP360 can be a whole day event.

day 4 - chilin nunnery + nanlian garden + kowloon walled city park + 10000 buddha + portland street?

Abit overkill on the 3 garden/buddha sites (For me lah). Since you are in Mong kok area, do visit the other things around here too.

day 5 - ocean park + harbour city shopping

Why go back to the harbour again? This is the 3rd time in your itinerary...

day 6 - lamma island + aberdeen/stanley?

Early morning to lamma island, noon go stanley. Tired but doable if your group doesn't feel tired by the 6th day. Stanley market close quite early. Do consider cheung chau island too.

day 7 - kat hing wai + pingshan

Consider going to IFC/Times square ect at night maybe? Btw what is there in pingshan? Never been there before so don't know if there's any attractions there.

day 8 - macau

See macau thread for itinerary ba.

day 9 - back to Singapore afternoon flight

Most of your items are actually in one place, just saying. See red text for my 2cents comments...

junny1

Reaction score
Most of your items are actually in one place, just saying. See red text for my 2cents comments...

some feedback:

day 2 - the aqualuna i thought of going for the harbour tour. But i missed out the fact that the harbour tour is only scheduled on weekdays. so i wont be able to do it on day 2 which is a sunday. Would like to go from tst pier to central pier and it only starts at 12pm. is there anywhere i can fit this in? if not then i will not go with it.

day 4- taking out portland street. maybe go around mongkok after visiting 10000 buddha?

day 6- lamma island and cheung chau island doable in a day??

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
some feedback:

day 2 - the aqualuna i thought of going for the harbour tour. But i missed out the fact that the harbour tour is only scheduled on weekdays. so i wont be able to do it on day 2 which is a sunday. Would like to go from tst pier to central pier and it only starts at 12pm. is there anywhere i can fit this in? if not then i will not go with it.

day 4- taking out portland street. maybe go around mongkok after visiting 10000 buddha?

day 6- lamma island and cheung chau island doable in a day??

Maybe try swap your day 2 activities with other day's so you can still go for the harbour tour. Take note of the time you need to be at the harbour, the HK museum trip might make you rush abit..

After the aqualuna tour, you can go to HK park or temple street (choose one). Then night time go The Peak for HK's night view. I suggest going very early or very late, because the queue can kill!

Day 4 ok, but budget your hours of stay for each places. Mongkok can go around evening time, nice to wind down the day after so much garden :s13:

Day 6, if you go very very early and don't spend too much time at each Island...is doable but not very motivating haha...Not sure if there's any ferry between the Island, if not, you have to go back central ferry terminal and take a ferry to the next Island.

Actually some of the days are abit ambitious, so play by ear when you are there. It's ok to drop some places if you are feeling rushed or tired.

junny1

Reaction score
Maybe try swap your day 2 activities with other day's so you can still go for the harbour tour. Take note of the time you need to be at the harbour, the HK museum trip might make you rush abit..

After the aqualuna tour, you can go to HK park or temple street (choose one). Then night time go The Peak for HK's night view. I suggest going very early or very late, because the queue can kill!

Day 4 ok, but budget your hours of stay for each places. Mongkok can go around evening time, nice to wind down the day after so much garden :s13:

Day 6, if you go very very early and don't spend too much time at each Island...is doable but not very motivating haha...Not sure if there's any ferry between the Island, if not, you have to go back central ferry terminal and take a ferry to the next Island.

Actually some of the days are abit ambitious, so play by ear when you are there. It's ok to drop some places if you are feeling rushed or tired.

i prefer to go up the peak during day time than night time. If i were to go for aqualuna, i can switch with other day activity. But can you help me on this part? As harbour tour route is TST pier 2 to Central pier 9, is there any places i can fit in as the boat will reach central. And from central where can i go? As of now i am still not familiar which is in kowloon, island side or central. Also, as the earlier timing for aqua luna is 12pm, means the morning for that day might be wasted. Any idea on the morning slot as well? history museum? HK park? Appreciate if you could help me out on this as its my first time planning a trip to HK.

junny1

Reaction score
To be honest, it has been sometime since i last went on a holiday and i have been eyeing hk. It is my first time and i am being ambitious, to hope to make it the best. I do not have a habit to go to same country twice for holiday so it is a new place. Again i wish to emphasise that i am taking accomodation base at tst east, near tst east mtr station

For this 9 day plans i have already taken out the following from the original plan:

kowloon park
fei ngo shan
tze shan monastery
shek-o
stanley plaza
hk police museum
lion pavillion
tsingyi
causeway bay
mirarmar shopping
repulse bay
times sq
dragons back
happy valley racecourse
victoria peak garden
statue sq
western monastery

junny1

Reaction score
hey Delsamor i have revised my plan

day 1 sat will reach tst east - accomodation base at around 2pm afternoon. followed by promenade + harbour views + garden of stars + railway clock + symphony of lights esp the 3d pulse light show + nathan road

day 2 sun - the peak in morning + hk park in afternoon + temple street

day 3 mon - ngong ping village lantau island + tiantan buddha + polin monastery + heart sutra + tai-o + muiwo

day 4 tue - chilin nunnery + nanlian garden + kowloon walled city park + 10000 buddha + mongkok area hang out

day 5 wed - ocean park + harbour city shopping mall (if possible)

day 6 thur - lamma island + cheung chau island OR stanley

day 7 fri - kat hing wai + pingshan + IFC/times sq at night

day 8 sat - macau full day

day 9 sun - back to SG in afternoon flight

can you recommend me some places to eat based on my plan? breakfast, lunch or dinner. and also some form of fastest transport recommendation as you can see all my days are very very packed and rush.

thanks and much appreciated

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Macau on weekends isn't a good idea. Lots of day trippers from Hong Kong.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Hi junny, sorry my boss is constantly spying on me so I cannot post a detail reply. Will do so tonight after work :)

junny1

Reaction score
thanks Delsamor...i really hope you can help me. is goign to be my first time to hk and this holiday plan is very impt to me. thanks again thanks alot

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest, it has been sometime since i last went on a holiday and i have been eyeing hk. It is my first time and i am being ambitious, to hope to make it the best. I do not have a habit to go to same country twice for holiday so it is a new place. Again i wish to emphasise that i am taking accomodation base at tst east, near tst east mtr station

For this 9 day plans i have already taken out the following from the original plan:

kowloon park
fei ngo shan
tze shan monastery
shek-o
stanley plaza
hk police museum
lion pavillion
tsingyi
causeway bay
mirarmar shopping
repulse bay
times sq
dragons back
happy valley racecourse
victoria peak garden
statue sq
western monastery

lion pavillion is at the peak, less than 5min walk from peak galleria shopping mall. victoria peak garden is about 15min upslope from peak galleria, but nothing to see if u ask me.

try not to be too ambitious with the planning. u will enjoy it better if u take a more leisurely pace.

junny1

Reaction score
lion pavillion is at the peak, less than 5min walk from peak galleria shopping mall. victoria peak garden is about 15min upslope from peak galleria, but nothing to see if u ask me.

try not to be too ambitious with the planning. u will enjoy it better if u take a more leisurely pace.

this is my 9 day plan, it would be great if you can give your opinion too

day 1 sat will reach tst east - accomodation base at around 2pm afternoon. followed by promenade + harbour views + garden of stars + railway clock + symphony of lights esp the 3d pulse light show + nathan road

day 3 mon - ngong ping village lantau island + tiantan buddha + polin monastery + heart sutra + tai-o + muiwo

day 4 tue - chilin nunnery + nanlian garden + kowloon walled city park + 10000 buddha + mongkok area hang out

can you recommend me some places to eat based on my plan? breakfast, lunch or dinner. and also some form of fastest transport recommendation as you can see all my days are very very packed and rush.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
hey Delsamor i have revised my plan

Actually you can go to Harbour City (海港城) if you have the time. Then your day 5 can have other things to do at night. But do note that Harbour City is very huge, one might need at least 1hr here to shop and walk finish.

Day 1 check in hotel, walk along the harbour and see clock tower, museum ect. Go to Harbour City (海港城) walk around and lastly catch symphony of lights at 8pm. After that, you can go Nathan Road.

While in temple street, can go 澳洲牛奶公司 Australia Dairy Company for food hunting. I think you still have some free time after that, maybe go explore Mong kok area?

After you took a cable car back to Tung Chung, you can go to City Gate Outlet for shopping or eat and rest.

Ok to slot Mong kok on this day too, it's always good to pace things slowly.

If you have been to harbour city on day 1 already, maybe go visit other shopping mall or Cityplaza at Taikhoo Shin which is opposite of where I stay.

Sure you wanna do 2 Island in one day? Lamma/Cheung Chau + Stanley sounds easier. If you are going to stanley, take the bus that will need to cross the dam, interesting experience.

Can also go to Hysan Place since they are near to each other.

See comments in red. Don't need to follow my comments, you can play around with the places. Most importantly is to decide which one is your main highlight of the day, die die must go one. Then the rest are optional places that you can play around depending on your time.

For food, I don't really know where tourist usually go to..most probably Tim Ho Wan and such. Some of the places I always go with my family are:

Ichiran Ramen - Freaking awesome
Da Pai Dang - At Tai On Building. See if you can find the hk version of satay stall there.
Maxim's foodcourt :s13:

There are some restaurants near my family's house which we always go, but I don't think a tourist will be interested. Some of the tourist food hunt I been to are:

Australia Dairy Company - My experience is not as bad as the others mentioned...
Yee Shun Milk- I prefer this than Australia Dairy Company though

Research abit on Cheung Chau famous food stall, I forgot what is that stall called for the best Ping An Bao on the Island.

Also research on Macau's food, there are plenty.

PS: Are you interested in expensive dessert Xu Liu Shan? Try this too if you want.

Last edited:

junny1

Reaction score
See comments in red. Don't need to follow my comments, you can play around with the places. Most importantly is to decide which one is your main highlight of the day, die die must go one. Then the rest are optional places that you can play around depending on your time.

For food, I don't really know where tourist usually go to..most probably Tim Ho Wan and such. Some of the places I always go with my family are:

Ichiran Ramen - Freaking awesome
Da Pai Dang - At Tai On Building. See if you can find the hk version of satay stall there.
Maxim's foodcourt :s13:

There are some restaurants near my family's house which we always go, but I don't think a tourist will be interested. Some of the tourist food hunt I been to are:

Australia Dairy Company - My experience is not as bad as the others mentioned...
Yee Shun Milk- I prefer this than Australia Dairy Company though

Research abit on Cheung Chau famous food stall, I forgot what is that stall called for the best Ping An Bao on the Island.

Also research on Macau's food, there are plenty.

PS: Are you interested in expensive dessert Xu Liu Shan? Try this too if you want.

Wow!! Thank you so much Delsamor for the comprehensive help!! Anyway mongkok hangout for day 2 and day 4 is fine? I doubt i have time to go museum on day 1 though. I would very much like to try the aqualuna harbour tour once but having it run on weekdays 12pm onwards from tst pier to central pier 9 and also further two other pier i just cant slot it in and got to give it up.

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i may add :

Day 3 - will be quite tiring trying to cover NP, MO & TO. Transportation on Lantau Island not so frequent. Wld skip MO, nothing much there IMO unless taking ferry back to Central

Day 5 - after OP, u can go to Times Square or CWB explore at night, Since u r already on HK Island. Plenty of restaurants on 10F of TS

day 7 - kat hing wai + pingshan are in Yuen Long. It's a long trip back down to IFC/TS on HK Island. Better spend time on Kowloon side explore MK, TST. Heard of Ap Liu Street at Sham Shui Po ? U shld also check out area around Prince Edward station, north of the MK Police HQ has many good eats eg Dim Dim Sum, Marilyn Diner, snake soup in winter ?

Thot Langham Place in MK could be quite an interesting mall for tourist .. check out the escalators there

If u like chinese or goose liver sausage, the ground floor stall at 花園街市政大廈 (a wet market) sells awesome products cheaply. liver sausage are only available during winter months.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Wow!! Thank you so much Delsamor for the comprehensive help!! Anyway mongkok hangout for day 2 and day 4 is fine? I doubt i have time to go museum on day 1 though. I would very much like to try the aqualuna harbour tour once but having it run on weekdays 12pm onwards from tst pier to central pier 9 and also further two other pier i just cant slot it in and got to give it up.

If you are very keen on going for aqua luna, then find something to remove on weekday. Maybe remove chilin nunnery + nanlian garden since you have a lot of gardens on this day already..

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is my 9 day plan, it would be great if you can give your opinion too

cant really comment much coz i havent been to a lot of places u have listed.
1 thing i noticed is that u are visiting many parks/gardens. if u are into greenaries/nature, y not do some simple hikes? the trail around victoria peak ard 3.5km and flat all the way, easier doable and the view is great. dragon back trail is another great hike. but that will take a good part of a day due to travel time and a few hours of hiking.

as for food, i can share with u the list i compiled. havent tried all of them though. the ones in bold are those i like

Central
- Yung Kee (Roast Duck, Century Egg)
- Yat Lok (Roast Duck)
- Luk Yu Teahouse (Dim Sum)
- Mak’s Noodles (Wanton Mee)
- Tsim Chai Kee (Wanton Mee)
- Wai Kee Congee (Congee, Smokey Bee Hoon)
- Yue Hing (裕興) (Sandwich morning only)
- Sing Heung Yuen (Tomato Noodles, Crispy Toast)
- Lan Fong Yuen (Yuan Yang, Stocking Milk Tea, Pork chop Bun)
- Lin Heung Tea House (Dim Sum)
- Tai Cheong Bakery (Egg Tart) (near Central-Mid-Level escalator)
- Jenny Bakery
Tsum Sha Tsui
- Macau Teahouse (Wanton Mee, Pork Chop bun, Roast Pigeon, Egg Tart)
- Sun Kee Cheese Noodle (Grill Pork Cheese Dry Noodle, Pork Cheek Noodle)
- Tai Cheong Bakery (Egg Tart) (at Star Ferry)
- Jenny Bakery (Mirador Mansion, TST exit D2)
- Cookies Quartet
Jordan
- Mak Man Kee (Wanton Mee)
- Ho Hung Kee (Wanton Mee and Congee)
- Australian Diary (Scramble Eggs)
- Yee Shun Milk Company
- 佳佳甜品 (Dessert)
Yau Ma Tei
- Mido Café (Pork Ribs Cheese Baked Rice, Crispy Shredded Pork Noodle, Ice Red Bean Drink)
- Hing Kee (Claypot Rice, Oyster Pancake)
Mongkok/ Prince Edward/ Sham Shui Po
- Hoi Tin Tong (Guilingao) (124 Tung Choi Street, Mongkok or Mascot House, 52 Bute Street)
- Kam Wah Café (Polo Bun)
- One Dim Sum
- 老點點心竹筒飯 (Dim Sum)
- Dim Dim Sum (Liu Sha Bao)
- Tao Heung Super 88 (Seafood)
- One Sushi (half price after 10pm)
- Sham Tseng Chan Kee (Roast Goose)
- Tim Ho Wan
- Kung Wo Dou Bun Chong 公和荳品廠(bean curd)

Wan Chai
- Honolulu café (egg tart)
- Kam’s Roast Goose
- Dim Dim Sum
- Capitol café (truffles scramble egg, principal toast, pork chop bun)
- Sun Kee Cheese Noodle

Others:
- Chau Kee周記點心(Liu Sha Toast. Near Sai Ying Pun)

junny1

Reaction score
if i may add :

Day 3 - will be quite tiring trying to cover NP, MO & TO. Transportation on Lantau Island not so frequent. Wld skip MO, nothing much there IMO unless taking ferry back to Central

Day 5 - after OP, u can go to Times Square or CWB explore at night, Since u r already on HK Island. Plenty of restaurants on 10F of TS

day 7 - kat hing wai + pingshan are in Yuen Long. It's a long trip back down to IFC/TS on HK Island. Better spend time on Kowloon side explore MK, TST. Heard of Ap Liu Street at Sham Shui Po ? U shld also check out area around Prince Edward station, north of the MK Police HQ has many good eats eg Dim Dim Sum, Marilyn Diner, snake soup in winter ?

Thot Langham Place in MK could be quite an interesting mall for tourist .. check out the escalators there

If u like chinese or goose liver sausage, the ground floor stall at 花園街市政大廈 (a wet market) sells awesome products cheaply. liver sausage are only available during winter months.

Many thanks for your input, oceanicmanta :s22:

I also see that MO is just beach... I will make it NP + TO for the day

day 5 - ok

day 7 -ok

am looking at more scenic travel than shopping experience. am surprised you say you didnt visit most of the places as they are all tourist areas.

Last edited:

junny1

Reaction score
If you are very keen on going for aqua luna, then find something to remove on weekday. Maybe remove chilin nunnery + nanlian garden since you have a lot of gardens on this day already..

@Delsamor

Aqualuna run on below schedule for the harbour discovery tour - mon to fri, 12pm onwards. i mean i can choose to either ALIGHT at central pier, wanchai pier or hung him pier and to the end Hung Hom takes less than an hour as you can see from the schedule. I mean besides central, is there any places in my plan i can also go conveniently from wanchai or hung hom pier?

Do you know if the kowloon walled city park (near to nanlian chilin) is similar to kat hing wai? Because if that is i will take out kat hing wai + pingshan (Far to Yuen Long) on day 7 friday and move museum history visit to friday morning followed by aqua luna ride (full route for an hour) and then to the peak for night view to explore MK, tst etc. Does this seem better?

尖沙咀2號公眾碼頭 中環9號碼頭 灣仔公眾碼頭 紅磡公眾碼頭
Pier 2 Pier 9 Public Pier Public Pier
Tsim Sha Tsui Central Wanchai Hung Hom
12:00 12:10 12:20 12:40
13:00 13:10 13:20 13:40
14:00 14:10 14:20 14:40
15:00 15:10 15:20 15:40
16:00 16:10 16:20 16:40

Last edited:

junny1

Reaction score
cant really comment much coz i havent been to a lot of places u have listed.
1 thing i noticed is that u are visiting many parks/gardens. if u are into greenaries/nature, y not do some simple hikes? the trail around victoria peak ard 3.5km and flat all the way, easier doable and the view is great. dragon back trail is another great hike. but that will take a good part of a day due to travel time and a few hours of hiking.

as for food, i can share with u the list i compiled. havent tried all of them though. the ones in bold are those i like

Central
- Yung Kee (Roast Duck, Century Egg)
- Yat Lok (Roast Duck)
- Luk Yu Teahouse (Dim Sum)
- Tsim Chai Kee (Wanton Mee)
- Wai Kee Congee (Congee, Smokey Bee Hoon)
- Yue Hing (裕興) (Sandwich morning only)
- Sing Heung Yuen (Tomato Noodles, Crispy Toast)
- Lan Fong Yuen (Yuan Yang, Stocking Milk Tea, Pork chop Bun)
- Lin Heung Tea House (Dim Sum)
- Tai Cheong Bakery (Egg Tart) (near Central-Mid-Level escalator)
- Jenny Bakery
Tsum Sha Tsui
- Macau Teahouse (Wanton Mee, Pork Chop bun, Roast Pigeon, Egg Tart)
- Sun Kee Cheese Noodle (Grill Pork Cheese Dry Noodle, Pork Cheek Noodle)
- Tai Cheong Bakery (Egg Tart) (at Star Ferry)
- Jenny Bakery (Mirador Mansion, TST exit D2)
- Cookies Quartet
Jordan
- Mak Man Kee (Wanton Mee)
- Ho Hung Kee (Wanton Mee and Congee)
- Australian Diary (Scramble Eggs)
- Yee Shun Milk Company
- 佳佳甜品 (Dessert)
Yau Ma Tei
- Mido Café (Pork Ribs Cheese Baked Rice, Crispy Shredded Pork Noodle, Ice Red Bean Drink)
- Hing Kee (Claypot Rice, Oyster Pancake)
Mongkok/ Prince Edward/ Sham Shui Po
- Hoi Tin Tong (Guilingao) (124 Tung Choi Street, Mongkok or Mascot House, 52 Bute Street)
- Kam Wah Café (Polo Bun)
- One Dim Sum
- 老點點心竹筒飯 (Dim Sum)
- Dim Dim Sum (Liu Sha Bao)
- Tao Heung Super 88 (Seafood)
- One Sushi (half price after 10pm)
- Sham Tseng Chan Kee (Roast Goose)
- Tim Ho Wan
- Kung Wo Dou Bun Chong 公和荳品廠(bean curd)

Wan Chai
- Honolulu café (egg tart)
- Kam’s Roast Goose
- Dim Dim Sum
- Capitol café (truffles scramble egg, principal toast, pork chop bun)
- Sun Kee Cheese Noodle

Others:
- Chau Kee周記點心(Liu Sha Toast. Near Sai Ying Pun)

thank you so much for the food list, will see how i can fit in my plan :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.