Gifts to bring from singapore to hongkong?

lamEduDe

Reaction score
Hi all, any idea what i can bring from singapore to hong kong as gifts? anything we have here that is good and hong kong doesnt have?

Thinking of maybe bak kwa but im sure hong kong have them too right? is it popular there?

thanks!

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is for what purpose? give to friend? or acquaintance?

outside of typical souvenir touristy stuff, only thing you can give would probably be foodstuff related.

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some Hong Kongers mentioned that our bak kwa is better than theirs. I don't know if that's out of courtesy or is it because it's really better... haven't tasted their bak kwa, so no comments.

If they are transportation fans, can give ezlink cards as souvenirs, lol. Or some bus/train models.

decade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They absolutely love our bangawan solo pandan cakes...no joke

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
They absolutely love our bangawan solo pandan cakes...no joke

Spot on! My family living in hk always ask me to buy them bengawan solo pandan cake and love letters. Don't buy bak kwa, they have 美真香 there also. Don't buy anything durian also, they have it and it's not popular there.

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bengawan, hk all time favourite. Otherwise bah kwa from the famous brands, coz Mei zhen xiang is everywhere there

beanstalk6

Reaction score
1) Bak Kut Teh spices. They love it. Got to cook it though.
2) Malay kueh

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I make another recommendation.

Kaya. Yes kaya. They don't have it. My USA angmo colleagues love our kaya. Just buy Ya Kun and give.

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I make another recommendation.

Kaya. Yes kaya. They don't have it. My USA angmo colleagues love our kaya. Just buy Ya Kun and give.
I was thinking bottle Kaya too,
but was wondering maybe the bigger supermarkets in HK got sell?
anybody has any idea?

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing kaya in HK the few times I went there.

Should bring our Ovaltine and Milo to HK. Their versions are horrible to drink. Bought once in HK and I swear never to buy these 2 again in HK. I think after they drink ours, they will like it. :D

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... then which brand de Kaya would u guys recommend?
supermarket got so many brands.
Yakun one really nice? price got chop carrot anot?

BTW now Toastbox n Yakun open shop in HK already. think they got sell their Kaya there bah...

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Even if these products are available in HK, friends over there may not be aware, so I bring them over to get them introduced and started. :)

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even if these products are available in HK, friends over there may not be aware, so I bring them over to get them introduced and started. :)
yes I know that,
but I'm not a fan of Kaya, so don't know which
brand is nice.
:s22:

twinkleblue

Reaction score
yakun are springing up everywhere in hk now, no point bringing kaya. pandan cake as suggested or the sugee biscuits are quite popular with my hk colleagues.

bubblepop

Reaction score
hi all, I'm getting bengawan solo pandan cake for my fren in HK. just to make sure, till now there's still no bengawan solo in HK right?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, I'm getting bengawan solo pandan cake for my fren in HK. just to make sure, till now there's still no bengawan solo in HK right?

From my understanding, there isnt ...
Taiwanese like to buy back to taiwan ... fly to taipei, would always see many of their plastic bags ...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.