HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Going HK Alone

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #16

just back from my solo hk during on sunday. quite enjoyed the private time alone except on my last 1.5 days when i was too sick to get out of bed. practically slept for more than 30 hours with nobody around to help me get food and medication. so please bring some medication with you, store some food and 1.8litres watsons distilled water in your room!
ms.piglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #17

Thanks all for the tips. Really appreciate it. I have set my itinerary, booked my hotel and ready to fly off next week! Kind of excited about my first alone trip haha...

Anyone has experience buying Jenny's Biscuits from HK? A few of my frens asked me to bring back... but I thought it was crazy to Q so long to get a few tins of cookies... any advice please?

Thank you.
may i suggest that you visit lamma island family trail hike? good view, good weather, good experience. but please remember to slap sunblock, wear visor/cap . the sun is really too strong and i got burnt.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks all for the tips. Really appreciate it. I have set my itinerary, booked my hotel and ready to fly off next week! Kind of excited about my first alone trip haha...

Anyone has experience buying Jenny's Biscuits from HK? A few of my frens asked me to bring back... but I thought it was crazy to Q so long to get a few tins of cookies... any advice please?

Thank you.
The spring rolls shop in north point? Call to order. Otherwise must reach there 8.30. Shop opens at 9.30 limited quantities.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

just back from my solo hk during on sunday. quite enjoyed the private time alone except on my last 1.5 days when i was too sick to get out of bed. practically slept for more than 30 hours with nobody around to help me get food and medication. so please bring some medication with you, store some food and 1.8litres watsons distilled water in your room!
I feel you. Sucks to be sick and alone overseas on holiday.

Could try asking reception or housekeeping to help get you medicine.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #20

Thank you.
Try checking if they have those biscuit individual wrap that come in a box. Eg. size of those rectangular van houtan chocolate box. It is much easier to carry, lighter, presentable as a gift.
putmefirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #21

The spring rolls shop in north point? Call to order. Otherwise must reach there 8.30. Shop opens at 9.30 limited quantities.
Actually normal bakery shop or supermarket, you should be able to find egg roll love letters, dragon candy with peanut or mint or chocolate, or any of their hong kong tibits. Usually I will buy one packet to try before I buy more.
putmefirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is Jenny's. With this queue I won't bother.

Mixed up. Was thinking of this.

Hong Kong - Duck Shing Ho - Best Egg Rolls | Follow Me Foodie

Egg Rolls | South China Morning Post

Last edited by s7460597; 01-04-2014 at 04:05 PM..
Old 01-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #23

OMG! So delicious meh?
eve-JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #24

wah siao! so long! don't think i will go Q! anybody know where can I get good lap cheong in HK?
joelhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:31 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

Don't bother with Jenny's. Tried before. Tastes like well baked cookies but not like die die must try.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:20 AM   #26

i don't know where is the best. And i normally just head to Wing Wah (mongkok branch).

Chinese Preserved Sausage Series - Wing Wah Products - Wing Wah
kmkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:22 AM   #27
High Supremacy Member

Went alone in June 2012, really enjoy
Just don't behave like ah tiong can liao
huhster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #28

I feel you. Sucks to be sick and alone overseas on holiday.

Could try asking reception or housekeeping to help get you medicine.
i would have done that if i stayed in a hotel. but hotel in hk too expensive for solo traveller so i stayed in a room booked on airbnb. lucky there is pharmacy across the street and i forced myself out of bed to get some medication. if not i don't think i can make it for my scoot flight back to sg.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #29
Supremacy Member

lol i go hk also sick sia, fever sorethroat flu all come together....tmd, i tong for 4 day , reach sg almost want die le
Old 02-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #30

actually hor, medication is easily available in most pharmacies in HK. Even for most prescribed medicine can be bought over the counter except for certain drugs like fat burner or so.

And cost is also much lower than other parts of the world.

However, only buy from Registered Pharmacist.
kmkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.