HK taxi passengers

HikarU123456

Master Member
Reaction score
can take 4 or 5? i read on official website say is can 4 or 5.. but anyone know the usual practice there?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can take 4 or 5? i read on official website say is can 4 or 5.. but anyone know the usual practice there?

Depending on the make of the car. Can be either 4 or 5. There's a round disc at the front of the cabs stating capacity.

andy1982

Reaction score
how are the taxi prices in HK?

are there surcharges? like peak period, or midnight? or to and fro from Airport?

oh and one have info for grab/uber?

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
How much is the taxi fare from airport to causeway Bay? Do they have big taxis to take 6 people?

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
How much is the taxi fare from airport to causeway Bay? Do they have big taxis to take 6 people?

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/hongkong/transportation/air-rehabus.htm

About 280 according to this table. Though 6 people how many luggage?

Cheaper alternative involve taking Airport Express MTR to Hong Kong Station then transfer to Causeway Bay Station:

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/hongkong/transportation/air-express.htm

Airport Hotel Coach (need to email/call to check actual cost):
https://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/hongkong/transportation/airport-hotel-coach.htm

Just back from Hong Kong stayed in The Salisbury - YMCA of Hong Kong which I booked 2 way door-to-door coach services which I think was quite expensive but well, we hardly travel so still okay.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

dont think they have big taxi, you have to split into 2 taxi
for each luggages, they charge extra
for example, small luggage and bag is 5hkd, big luggage is 10hkd each ...

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i used myhktour for my airport transfer in HK... they used 7 seater for airport transfer... they are quite responsive on whatsapp...

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their website shows HKD480... I booked 2 vehicles they charged me HKD900... they can arrange 11 seater mini bus or other big bus as well... check with them for the pricing...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.