HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

lbcben

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kHyber_pass said:
good write up bro! just came across this thread from a google search on disneyland.

just to clarify though, dragon hostel (7th floor) is different from dragon inn aka ah shan hostel (14th floor)

but the rest that you write, spot on! nice to see forumers share information, unlike some peep over here who divulges cheap room rates, low exchange rates, etc but do not share the place:)

anyway to add, there are an abundance of late night food stalls just below the hostel (i.e. 24hr porridge shop, which tastes damn good), 24hr video shops, 24hr newsstands, so you'll never be bored!

yes, to all ppl interested to stay this cheap hostel, NEVER confuse Dragon Hostel for DragonInn/Ah Shan Hostel.

I stay there in 2004, and recently 3 weeks ago, standard still the same, owner is always friendly, their English not so good, therefore speak to them in Mandarin if your cantonese is "half pail water".

They are also helpful in providing direction

eg. taking ferry to Macau, guide says have to to MTR to central, then take ferry, instead the owner told me to take cab less than HK$30 to MongKok Ferry(I don know where is it), then take ferry from there, bypassing MTR to central, saving lots of time.

hplanet

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Just to clarify, the shuttle provided by MTR does send u direct to ur hotel, and its free, but provided u have to use their Airport express train services. These shuttles will bring you from Kowloon station and HK stations of the MTR Airport express line to any of the hotels on its route.

No one will provide u a free shuttle from the airport to hotels at TST/HK island at absolutely no cost.

Airport express train services line need to pay and very expansive buy is good if you check in your lagguge at Central MTR station there....

I can confirm you that they provide FRE mini bus from airport to hotel like dorset hotel and etc...

Because i had personal ride the mini bus 2 year back. :o :s27:

hplanet

Reaction score
Hotel in HK are quite expansive and even you got a cheap hotel like dorset seaview and you might end up in a Japs type of super small rooms...

kHyber_pass

Reaction score
LOL

i just realised u were talking about dragon inn and not dragon hostel (which i was talking about!)

i only stayed in dragon hostel (http://www.dragonhostel.com/) before and the service is great too.

but anyway after reading your post, i think it is reasonable to say that both hostels are as good and have their fair share of satisfied customers.

cheers

(add: Dragon Hostel was voted the 'Number 2 Hostel in Asia' as voted by Hostelworld customers worldwide for 2005. Customer reviewws can be found here http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/DragonHostelHongKong-Kowloon-5065 )

lbcben said:
yes, to all ppl interested to stay this cheap hostel, NEVER confuse Dragon Hostel for DragonInn/Ah Shan Hostel.

I stay there in 2004, and recently 3 weeks ago, standard still the same, owner is always friendly, their English not so good, therefore speak to them in Mandarin if your cantonese is "half pail water".

They are also helpful in providing direction

eg. taking ferry to Macau, guide says have to to MTR to central, then take ferry, instead the owner told me to take cab less than HK$30 to MongKok Ferry(I don know where is it), then take ferry from there, bypassing MTR to central, saving lots of time.

kHyber_pass

Reaction score
if im not wrong, the transfer is provided by your tour agency.

as for MTR's hotel ferry service, they ply between the MTRs where you can check in baggage and popular hotels, iirc.

hplanet said:
Airport express train services line need to pay and very expansive buy is good if you check in your lagguge at Central MTR station there....

I can confirm you that they provide FRE mini bus from airport to hotel like dorset hotel and etc...

Because i had personal ride the mini bus 2 year back. :o :s27:

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
noelnoel said:
Cosmic Guest House
3 person room
$18 per night per person

bh0322 said:
do these guest house have any private bathrooms? I went to websites of these guest houses but they did not mention whether is there any private bathrooms.

for mine is suite
so there is a personal bathroom :)
the auntie there very frenly
price wise can negotiate

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
Stanley Market

Anyone knows if Stanley market is worth the trip not? Heard its more to cheat ang mors... also how much yall usually spend on shoppin... i undergrad no money i budget 1k ler enuff not? stayin 1 week.

zaxh81

Reaction score
lumpyme said:
Anyone knows if Stanley market is worth the trip not? Heard its more to cheat ang mors... also how much yall usually spend on shoppin... i undergrad no money i budget 1k ler enuff not? stayin 1 week.
stanley market nothing there one lor,regret going there.
But you can explore the surrounding which i didn't try to do.

franky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lumpyme said:

Nothing worthwhile at Stanley except to waste the Saturday afternoon away, sitting, eating, drinking. Shopping? Depends on what you buy. Don't need to stay so long...5 days more than enough

bh0322

Reaction score
bh0322 said:
do these guest house have any private bathrooms? I went to websites of these guest houses but they did not mention whether is there any private bathrooms.

How about location wise of this hostel? Is it good? I saw a few good souls here hearing their experience.

bh0322

Reaction score
there are so many choices for me but I do not know whether to stay in hostel or a hotel. If I were to stay in a hotel, the price for accomodation would be halved. I saw that the size of the hotels are rather small. So difficult to make a choice, i intend to stay in Dorsett Olympic Hotel....

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
Stanley

zaxh81 said:
stanley market nothing there one lor,regret going there.
But you can explore the surrounding which i didn't try to do.

franky said:
Nothing worthwhile at Stanley except to waste the Saturday afternoon away, sitting, eating, drinking. Shopping? Depends on what you buy. Don't need to stay so long...5 days more than enough

Thanks for the info

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
airport to HK island

Anyone knows whats the cheapest and fastest way frm airport to HK island?

Ru_rus

Reaction score
Dorsett Olympic Hotel is a super duble small hotel to stay in.i just wen there in feb..altot its new..but theres nt even a space for ur luggage.. haha my parents complain abt e toilet.. its so small ..just like a toilet cubicle .n diedie wan to squeeze in a space for shower n basin..

hmmm but the location is also nt so good.. altot its written near to mongkok..but its along way..n from mongkok takin a cab back theres also a big turn up to highway then back to hotel..nononono

Ru_rus

Reaction score
lumpyme said:
Anyone knows whats the cheapest and fastest way frm airport to HK island?
theres shutter bus service(FREE) provided frm airport out to hongkong island..but to only some specific areas ya.its call Airport Express.

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/airportex.html
those bus name K1,2,3,4,5. u checkcheck..

anything ask me bah..i been there like 6 times ler hahaha..

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Ru_rus said:
theres shutter bus service(FREE) provided frm airport out to hongkong island..but to only some specific areas ya.its call Airport Express.

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/airportex.html
those bus name K1,2,3,4,5. u checkcheck..

anything ask me bah..i been there like 6 times ler hahaha..
oh Gosh...

ok i said it once already, and here goes again, this shuttle services operates from the Airport express stations respectively from Kowloon and Hong Kong stations and not the Airport itself. To get to the airport express stations, u have to use the airport express trains from the airport itself, then u can board this services to ur respective hotels/ hotspots.

Airport --> Airport Express train services --> Hong Kong/Kowloon stations --> H1/2 K1/2/3/4/5 --> Hotels/Hotspots.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.