HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

icequeenz

Reaction score
qqspot said:
apm1.jpg

Elements at Kowloon MTR station

"Elements aims to become the 'third place' for Hong Kong people, meaning that the mall will be a place that Hongkongers visit the most frequently after their homes and offices," said MTR Corp chief retail development manager Betty Leong Sin-ling. MTR has put a lot of effort in anticipating its shoppers' needs. At the entrance of each of the mall's nine washrooms, there is a lobby with sitting area and magazine rack.

This is not all. The male washrooms will be stocked with colognes, aftershaves and electronic shavers while the female washrooms will have perfumes and make-up sets for use. Toilet attendants will make sure that all these personal items are kept hygienic.

megabox.jpg

MegaBox
MegaBox is unique as it is the largest shopping mall in Kowloon East, with the city's largest single-story book city and the biggest collection of home-improvement stores - all situated in its 1.1 million-square- foot shopping arcade.

http://www.megabox.com.hk/eng/

Read More: http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?we_cat=16&art_id=53782&sid=15465788&con_type=3&d_str=20070920

2007051402.gif

Regards,
QQ

hey i juz wanna mention that the 1st photo is of APM in kwuntong, not elements.

Reinstate that Megabox is in Kowloon Bay. Nearest MTR station is Kowloon Bay....thou I personally say...it's not actually that near. http://www.megabox.com.hk/eng/

Elements: http://elementshk.com/
MTR station: Kowloon Station (airport express)

qqspot

Reaction score
HI enoone

1st read

Please kindly read HKTB 1st to get yourself perpare and gain more knowladge.

DiscoverHongKong - All About Hong Kong - Visitor Services

[size=-1]Meet the HK Tourism Board and find out about the Hong Kong Tourism Board and our worldwide offices and representatives.
www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/mustknow/services/index.jhtml[/size]

For HK Map: http://www.centamap.com

#The place is very near to 555 Shanghai Street, Mongkok, Kowloon
Very near to Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong

For more info please click on the link below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mong_Kok

200703122.gif

Regards,
QQ

nimeesha

Reaction score
advise

Hi, I am new to this forum but would appreciate if someone could advise me on my up-coming trip to hong kong...

Will be going hk in mid-nov, 3 day 2 night trip (i know confirm there is not enough time but no choice coz can't take longer leave...).This is my 1st Hk trip as well.

Anyway, my main motive for this trip is attending a concert which is on a sat night (my trip is bfrom fri morning to sun night)... May i know where are concerts usually held by hk artisite?? Hong Kang?? Where is it actually located?? lost way to go there is by?? I notice a lot of you actually took buses and mtr.. Not advisable to take cab??

Since it's a short trip, where do you suggest that I should go for sight seeing and shopping??? Still not sure where will I be staying still, waiting for my friend's answer.. Might be an apartment or prudential hotel i guess.

Sorry for the long post but please advise... New to HK although I have seen lots of HK movies...

(p/s: is it true that you can see hk artisite on the streets?? that's what my cousin told me... )

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have you bought the tickets yet? should be stated in there. lots of concerts are held in Coliseum at Hung Hom (next to KCR Hung Hom station) it's not near any MTR though.

qqspot

Reaction score
nimeesha said:
(p/s: is it true that you can see hk artisite on the streets?? that's what my cousin told me... )
Hi Nimeesha, throughtout my past years of HK experience. This depands on your luck on the streets.

I had saw 1 Miss HK, 1 TVB Drama Star, 1 HK Movie Star. They are just common people like me and you walking along the streets.

Please kindly read this HWZ HK Thread or go to HKTB in Suntec or go to
DiscoverHongKong - All About Hong Kong - Visitor Services

[size=-1]Meet the HK Tourism Board and find out about the Hong Kong Tourism Board and our worldwide offices and representatives.
www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/mustknow/services/index.jhtml[/size]

They have tons of infomation about that.
n35_15.gif

Regards,
QQ

qqspot

Reaction score
Nimeesha, There a lots of place that the concert will be held at.

Please do find out from here before you go down.
http://www.centamap.com/

HKID very diff from our Singapore IC

Last edited:

nimeesha

Reaction score
Advice

OH!!! Alot places that concerts will held?? But i thought normally is at this stadium?? No lah.. Not rich.. In fact, their concert tix is so much cheaper... A concert tix in singapore can watch 2 shows there, and still have change back!!! I missed the concert in sg that's why go HK, since the artiste did mentioned in his concert in SG recently that he don't think he will organize a concert very soon.. and the last concert he held in sg was a few years back, about 4 years back??

Ya, have bought the tix.. but not sure what's the usual way to travel there?? Tix are purchased by the the hongkongers already so I don't have to worry abt that... Just worried how to get back to hotel or where to go after concert...

Thanks qqspot for the link but it's all in chinese... and it's not simplified chinese... (i am bad at reading chinese... whahahahha!!!

I know they are just like normal human beings like us... but was thinking if there is any possibilities that i will bump into my childhood idol on the street, or maybe some shuai ge like louis koo??? Whahahahah!!!

gokepon

Reaction score
nimeesha said:
OH!!! Alot places that concerts will held?? But i thought normally is at this stadium?? No lah.. Not rich.. In fact, their concert tix is so much cheaper... A concert tix in singapore can watch 2 shows there, and still have change back!!! I missed the concert in sg that's why go HK, since the artiste did mentioned in his concert in SG recently that he don't think he will organize a concert very soon.. and the last concert he held in sg was a few years back, about 4 years back??

Ya, have bought the tix.. but not sure what's the usual way to travel there?? Tix are purchased by the the hongkongers already so I don't have to worry abt that... Just worried how to get back to hotel or where to go after concert...

Thanks qqspot for the link but it's all in chinese... and it's not simplified chinese... (i am bad at reading chinese... whahahahha!!!

I know they are just like normal human beings like us... but was thinking if there is any possibilities that i will bump into my childhood idol on the street, or maybe some shuai ge like louis koo??? Whahahahah!!!

Hi Nimeesha!

may i ask whose concert ya attending?

Jellytots77

Reaction score
Hi Everyone... I finally manage to finish reading all the post here. *Phew*

Need to get some information from the experts here...

1. I'm staying at Metropark Mongkok, and reading through the thread I can take A21 and alight at Bus Stop 5. Is this bus easily found when I step out of the counter.
2. Like to know the timing of the laser show @ The Ave Of Stars and the fireworks @ Disneyland?
3. Since I will be going on 24/10 morning and coming back on the 27/10 morning, should I buy the normal Octupus Card?

Appreciate you guys help....

reverie62

Reaction score
2) symphony of lights at the avenue of stars will start at 8pm if there's good weather.
if the fireworks timing at disneyland is still the same as last year, then it should be at 7pm.

twinkle04

Reaction score
yo ppl, am wondering is there any hotel that can sleep 4 in room? is their triple room with extra bed or just extra charge (1 bed but charging the 3rd person) ? any idea?

Jellytots77

Reaction score
reverie62 said:
2) symphony of lights at the avenue of stars will start at 8pm if there's good weather.
if the fireworks timing at disneyland is still the same as last year, then it should be at 7pm.

Thanks Thanks...

Btw do anyone know where in Mongkok area I can find the Han Xian (Yuen Lang) Lau Po Bin? I heard there is one around that area, do anyone have the address?

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
twinkle04 said:
yo ppl, am wondering is there any hotel that can sleep 4 in room? is their triple room with extra bed or just extra charge (1 bed but charging the 3rd person) ? any idea?

Golden Mile Holiday Inn has rooms with 2 queen size beds.

Reaction score
planning a trip to hk for the very first time...

first tings first... airtickets.. checked serveral airlines for it already

Airtickets. ( for 2 inclusive of taxes )

SIA ( $982 )
Cathay ( $1202 )
Jetstar ( $960 )

I might as well go for SIA?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.