HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Ishika

Reaction score
justyn05 said:
is citigate worth a visit? or shall i try to get to other factory outlets?

anyway, what other food is a must try in HK?
how about roasted geese?

http://www.citygateoutlets.com.hk/index.html
there got adidas, nike and timberland outlets to name a few. as for others, u need to check out the sticky thread on hk factory outlets. u can check out langham place, big shopping mall.
www.langhamplace.com.hk/

http://www.yungkee.com.hk/whatsnew/whatsnew-e.html
this is one of the most famous restaurant for roasted geese, price abit steep IMO :)

Last edited:

alex666

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
justyn05 said:
Thanks!!! Really appreciated it.
I think i will be going to citigate.

not too sure if i have time for the 360 cable.

the wantan noodles, that you mentioned, is it the one at mongkok?
how do i get there?
any exact address?
I tot 360 is closed till further notice (closed for almost half year already)???

This week temp around 18oC, next week expect to go down to 13oC..........

qqspot

Reaction score
mrbean008 said:
anybody knows where to check postage rates..? i am going to post a laptop box without anything inside back to singapore from HK
There always this thing call google.com

http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/postage/index.htm

Is you next best friend online

2007051401.gif

qqspot

Reaction score
ed_styler83 said:
Oooo..alright...hm..i'm glad u find it a short distance.

Where is the claypot rice and wanton soup? Can intro?
In Yu Ma Tei, Temple Street for claypot rice.

Wanton Soup is up to you and HK version is all soup base!!

qqspot

Reaction score
Ishika said:
http://www.citygateoutlets.com.hk/index.html
there got adidas, nike and timberland outlets to name a few. as for others, u need to check out the sticky thread on hk factory outlets. u can check out langham place, big shopping mall.
www.langhamplace.com.hk/

http://www.yungkee.com.hk/whatsnew/whatsnew-e.html
this is one of the most famous restaurant for roasted geese, price abit steep IMO :)
Yung Kee is a tourist rip off with carrot head price.

I will prefer Wing Wah Resturant or Song nice resturant in Mongkok area which is base in 2nd floor price must better also...

Mongkok, that resturant had the best Scallop friend rice i ever had...
Nathan Road near Mongkok HSBC

ed_styler83

Reaction score
BluBlur said:
Need to find out the answer to this question too.

I'm discussing with my family whether to visit from 7-11 Feb. 7th is the 1st day of CNY.

Anyone knows the situation during CNY period, eg will most shops be closed?

If you visit discoverhongkong.com, you will know the shops will not be open during CNY...much like a dead city...about the same as Singapore lor...so not very worth to go during CNY la...=)

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/mustknow/information/mk_info_open.jhtml

justyn05

Reaction score
hey guys,
im pretty lost now.

can some1 help me with the iternary?

3D2N trip
I will arriving in HK at ard 10am den reach hotel settle down maybe 12noon.
i will be stayin in hung hom.

I'm not sure how to plan, 1st time there.

Day 1 after 12noon
- can do what till night time?

Day 2
- i have the whole day, night time planning to go to the peak.

Day 3
- leaving HK at ard 8pm.
- so was thinking after then go citigate.
- then morning what can i do?

can some one help me out? sorry, im sounding like a big noob..:(

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
justyn05 said:
hey guys,
im pretty lost now.

can some1 help me with the iternary?

3D2N trip
I will arriving in HK at ard 10am den reach hotel settle down maybe 12noon.
i will be stayin in hung hom.

I'm not sure how to plan, 1st time there.

Day 1 after 12noon
- can do what till night time?

Day 2
- i have the whole day, night time planning to go to the peak.

Day 3
- leaving HK at ard 8pm.
- so was thinking after then go citigate.
- then morning what can i do?

can some one help me out? sorry, im sounding like a big noob..:(

really depends on your interests.

theme park ; ocean park or disney hk?

if go peak before that go to causeway bay (times square) for hk shopping experience, wanchai (shopping) and central (look for the hk tourism walking tours at their site)

stanley market, aberdeen

walk around temple street, ladies street market, sham shui po market, tsim sha tsui - harbour front, mongkok etc
take star ferry

go hk island, lamma, cheung chau, lantau. enjoy seafood

you're staying at harbour plaza metropolis right? there isn't very much around there. small mall at the hotel. you can walk along the esplanade to TST, quite a nice walk. there's free shuttle that goes to TST - half hour intervals.

justyn05

Reaction score
s7460597 said:
really depends on your interests.

theme park ; ocean park or disney hk?

if go peak before that go to causeway bay (times square) for hk shopping experience, wanchai (shopping) and central (look for the hk tourism walking tours at their site)

stanley market, aberdeen

walk around temple street, ladies street market, sham shui po market, tsim sha tsui - harbour front, mongkok etc
take star ferry

go hk island, lamma, cheung chau, lantau. enjoy seafood

you're staying at harbour plaza metropolis right? there isn't very much around there. small mall at the hotel. you can walk along the esplanade to TST, quite a nice walk. there's free shuttle that goes to TST - half hour intervals.
hmm.. yup.. im staying at metropolis.
i think i will give all the theme park a miss..
is those street market open in the day? or they are only open at night?

thanks for your help.

reminiscent

Reaction score
3D2N is quite a rush. Basically, what are you there for? Food, shopping or sightseeing?

Since it's your first time there, i would suggest you go to Mongkok on your first day. If you are an avid shopper, you can shop till you drop. If you are into food, plenty of restro there. Sightseeing ... everywhere is a sight! :p

Day 2: The peak would be at HK Island, so limit your activities there. Causeway Bay, Central would be good places to go. Try taking the ferry from Kowloon to HK Island. It's much cheaper and a good experience. View from the harbour is fantastic as well!!! Hmm ... some places to note .. LKF, SOHO, Times Square, IFC, Mid-Level Escalator!! Good luck with the view on the Peak....

Day 3: Morning go to HK/Kowloon Station to check in lor ...... after that, can explore Elements, Citigate. Basically do last minute shopping.

reverie62

Reaction score
the first time i went to hk it was 3D2N.

reach hotel at TST area at around 2pm went for lunch then walked to avenue of stars.
that time there was this teddy bear kingdom at a shopping mall near the avenue of stars. but last year when i went back, it was already closed.
then went to mong kok on the first night.

second day shopped around the TST area, at night return to mong kok to shop again.

third day did nothing much but only shopped and eat around hotel area.

basically it was a shopping trip more than sight-seeing.

this year will be going again but giving a miss to all the theme parks coz went there last year already.

so will be going to the Peak, avenue of stars night show (missed it the previous times), the big buddha at lantau island, tai-o, citigate, macau, some train museum (brother wants to go one), etc.

haven't plan finish yet coz it'd be a sight-seeing more than shopping trip.

justyn05

Reaction score
thanks all for all your inputs! really appreciated them! i will now start to replan my trip! :)

reminiscent

Reaction score
Yes, the big buddha is a must see as a tourist! but 3D2N is too short for it ... especially on the 1st trip i feel.

chuan

Reaction score
hello everybody =)
the thread is super long.. read until my eye going to pop out and go headache liao..

Im going HK for 6nights until christmas and want to know how to fully enjoy my 6 days there...

1. Where are the must go places? (i know must visit the buddha, peak, cable car, disney, wax, oceanpark)

2. Where are the cheapest shopping place for men fashion and casual wear? (I know have to visit their shopping streets or malls but dont know how which one cheap) any to recommend? super nice and cheap. Where is H&M.. i heard not bad too, i cant find on any guide.

3. What are the must eat food? where is good seafood?

4. and... where to buy the... light brown coloured biscuit with the yellow filling.. sweet sweet inside, flacky ouside (i think).. dont know wat is it called. i heard go there must buy something like that.... Something Bao Bin? wahahaha

5 What are the must buy snacks or biscuit/bin...?

Hmm.. am i asking too much?
scared scared.. going with a friend who also dont know anything about HK.

THANKYOU :s22: :s22:

Last edited:

yeppie99

Reaction score
hi guys, going to HK for 2 weeks on business trip so can do more things.

1) anyone know a good tailor?
2) where is the best steak in HK? i've been many times but never tried western food there.
3) best japanese restaurant?
4) good place to sit down and drink wine? some place like our equinox. been to LKF, nothing much i feel.

thanks!

ed_styler83

Reaction score
chuan said:
hello everybody =)
the thread is super long.. read until my eye going to pop out and go headache liao..

Im going HK for 6nights until christmas and want to know how to fully enjoy my 6 days there...

1. Where are the must go places? (i know must visit the buddha, peak, cable car, disney, wax, oceanpark)

2. Where are the cheapest shopping place for men fashion and casual wear? (I know have to visit their shopping streets or malls but dont know how which one cheap) any to recommend? super nice and cheap. Where is H&M.. i heard not bad too, i cant find on any guide.

3. What are the must eat food? where is good seafood?

4. and... where to buy the... light brown coloured biscuit with the yellow filling.. sweet sweet inside, flacky ouside (i think).. dont know wat is it called. i heard go there must buy something like that.... Something Bao Bin? wahahaha

5 What are the must buy snacks or biscuit/bin...?

Hmm.. am i asking too much?
scared scared.. going with a friend who also dont know anything about HK.

THANKYOU :s22: :s22:

aiya go HK nth to scare of la...u PM me ur email...i give u my itinerary...=)
Back in May i went with my fren...both of us first time there..also can make it...dont worry la...Have fun!

The light brown biscuit is LAO PO BING...Must buy snacks is egg rolls...very nice...
Must eat food is Yuen Long HO TO TAI Wanton Mee..err..try this Restaurant Cafe De Coral. The Food is nice...The price is reasonable too... Seafood go Sai kung lo...Still got alot alot alot la...hahahaha

Last edited:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeppie99 said:
hi guys, going to HK for 2 weeks on business trip so can do more things.

1) anyone know a good tailor?
2) where is the best steak in HK? i've been many times but never tried western food there.
3) best japanese restaurant?
4) good place to sit down and drink wine? some place like our equinox. been to LKF, nothing much i feel.

thanks!

Was told there's American steak place at TST East. Forgot name of the place. The building faces the esplanade. Supposed to be better than Morton's.

ianlim81

Reaction score
came back from hkg...

novotel citigate hotel deluxe room is 4.5/5...they dont give complimentary drink...room is clean and with sea view...link to citigate shopping mall...

langham place hotel executive room is 4.5/5...large 42 inch display, daily complimentary drinks, link to langham place shopping mall, room is clean with sea view super king size bed, but only downside is the pillow, one of the pillow has stained on it (not the pillow case)...

i got food poison on 3rd day....lasted for 2 days...

bought my adidas running shoe and esprit clothes and bag...was suppose to buy some DS3 controllers but out of stock ...

eudora

Master Member
Reaction score
ianlim81 said:
came back from hkg...

novotel citigate hotel deluxe room is 4.5/5...they dont give complimentary drink...room is clean and with sea view...link to citigate shopping mall...

langham place hotel executive room is 4.5/5...large 42 inch display, daily complimentary drinks, link to langham place shopping mall, room is clean with sea view super king size bed, but only downside is the pillow, one of the pillow has stained on it (not the pillow case)...

i got food poison on 3rd day....lasted for 2 days...

bought my adidas running shoe and esprit clothes and bag...was suppose to buy some DS3 controllers but out of stock ...

no pics? :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.