HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

tan1688

Reaction score
Cash withdrawal at DBS Hong Kong ATMs will be free of charge

Just to let everyone know:

Cash withdrawal at DBS Hong Kong ATMs will be free of charge.;)

There are many many DBS branches in kowloon and hong kong no worries ...
can withdraw cash using our DBS card .. yeah yeah no extra charge the exchange
rate is good too

HK Dollar 1 0.1767 0.1727 0.1712 or 1SGD can get 5.8HKD better than local HK rates
i got at 5.5

tan1688

Reaction score
For those living at prudential hotel can exit hotel main lobby at back street walk from cox's road to jordan road take E23 (HKD14 ~ SGD 3bucks) to (Airport or Tung Chung (citygate shopping) or ngongping 360cable or poh lin temple or buddha):D

Don't take the MTR it is far too expenisvee..

zhchiam

Reaction score
Is it safe?

Hi guys

I'm going to HK in 3 days time with my family and one baby.
With the news report on the floods and bad weather, I am considering cancelling the trip.
Can any HK locals please advise on the weather outlook there?

adrictan

Reaction score
Anyway, I'm going on 17th Jul for 3D2N. Staying in Stanford Hotel as wanted to be near those R/C Shops at Kwong Wa Street. Any food places nearby to recommend?

Also, where can I find cheap seafood places to eat that won't be too far?

Thanks

demongod

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Yo guys! i just came back from Hongkong, Ya The ngong ping 360 ride is worth it because you can enjoy 25 mins cable car up and 25 min cable car ride down and enjoy the view and cooling breeze. After that can shop at citigate also.

demongod

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I just came back today

The weather is not very good , raining last 2 days and got black grade thunderstorm so many attractions closed etc although heng afternoon stop so i could still make it to ocean park. Quite troublesome if you bringing your baby there unless you just plan to do some normal shopping at malls then its ok i guess

Hi guys

I'm going to HK in 3 days time with my family and one baby.
With the news report on the floods and bad weather, I am considering cancelling the trip.
Can any HK locals please advise on the weather outlook there?

zhchiam

Reaction score
I just came back today

The weather is not very good , raining last 2 days and got black grade thunderstorm so many attractions closed etc although heng afternoon stop so i could still make it to ocean park. Quite troublesome if you bringing your baby there unless you just plan to do some normal shopping at malls then its ok i guess

Thanks for your reply. :)

We're planning to go Disneyland followed by Citygate, next day shopping@TST and The Peak. As well as Ladies Street, argyle centre etc. Staying at Metropark mongkok and moving around mostly in Mongkok and Central area. We were told by our neighbour who just came back from HK that its safe.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that no more flooding will occur cos' we've decided to continue with our trip.

Cheers !

demongod

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Oh i went to Disneyland also, but its quite sad if it rains because there will be no shows and the parade cars will not come out either. Peak is pretty ok i went on a night where it rained but it stopped and it cleared the fog so i could see the view clearly. You can consider victoria harbour for the symphony of lights everyday at 8pm if the sky is clear.

Thanks for your reply. :)

We're planning to go Disneyland followed by Citygate, next day shopping@TST and The Peak. As well as Ladies Street, argyle centre etc. Staying at Metropark mongkok and moving around mostly in Mongkok and Central area. We were told by our neighbour who just came back from HK that its safe.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that no more flooding will occur cos' we've decided to continue with our trip.

Cheers !

w3nGaL

Reaction score
thats y...4.64 like drop too fast le ba? i changed with my dad who still got HK dollar instead.

i will be going SZ for a day too during my HK trip, should i change some china currency? intend to go shopping and queen spa there. can they accept HKD?

demongod

Honorary Member
Reaction score
personally i think you should, HKD is 5.7 to 5 RMB now, so some of them do not like to accept HKD unlike last time when its 1:1

baboo_ys85

Reaction score
5.7 at suntec...

the moneychager near watsons... call fountain money changer..

i changed this evening..

windmill00qi

Reaction score
hellO!im gg hk soon on 17 jun and i haven done any planning yet!

can anyone suggest some die die must go place for me and my bf? anyplace for shopping and eating! thanks a mil! :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.