HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Gaara1983

Reaction score
hihi gaara

lang ham, time square its more of the singapore like HMV!!! the price is not very cheap.. its about the same as singapore!! it depend on your trend bah..

as for city gate.. its more of the outlet stores which include Espirit, club 21 and so on.. like i say.. its outlet stores.. so don expect to find pretty nice and trendy clothes there.. personally me and my bf didn't really like the design at the outlet..

p.s. this are the only few shop i can give comments on!!! as the rest we nv been there!!!

Note: still prefer Arglye centre but more of ladies targeted shopping mall!!!

:s12::s12::s12: http://magwill.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html :s12::s12::s12:

ok thanks for the response~

abutan

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know how to get to Miramar Shopping Center? Also, does the shopping center have alot of stuffs?

Thanks for the info!:D

storytell

Reaction score
hello...

i'm planning to go Hk this coming August but still havent decide which travel agency to look for...anyone can give me some suggestion??? As this is my first trip to Hk, i'm very very very exciting and panic as dunno what to prepare and plan for...hahahhaa...

so, can i get some value opinion from u guys who have been to HK before? is S$800 - $900/pax consider expensive if the f&e package including half day tour, 1 day disneyland, 1 day macau trip, cathay pacific, west hotel...it's a 5D4N trip. any comments??

hope to get some information from u guys!~!~

thanks in advance loooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............... :s12:

Hi there..

I would actually not recommend you to go for hotels that are located at Hong Kong island.. as it will be more expensive for you to travel to all places from there. Further more i though it was quite exp for your package.. maybe it includes macau trip that's why it so exp..

We went to hong kong for a 4 days F & E. on cathay airline, living in shamrock hotel which is located jus next to Jordon MTR exit. including of a Half day tour too.. But we didn't got for it cos we think that the place they are bring us, which is repulse bay, doesn't really attract us...
Overall for all this we spend about 680 SGD...

in addition to all those.. we manage to visit most of their attraction such as disneyland, the peak, and the "da Yu Shan". Plus shopping, transport, eating and attraction air ticket and hotel. we spend LESS THAN sgd 1000 per person.

maybe you would like to take a look at the places we went to during the 4 days.. ^^

:s12::s12: http://magwill.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html :s12::s12:

fabianlau

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i stay at shamrock during sept.1 night at disneyland resort.two day disney tic,cathy aiirline..but gt add wad airport tax is about 860 like tat fo 4day three night?ex?

travmufc

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all... may i know whats the temp. like in HK for end Sep period? Like S'pore weather? Need to bring jacket? Will it be rainy too? Thanks.

Stefan

Reaction score
HK with young boy

Hi Everyone,

heading over to HK in two weeks time and will be staying at Langham Place. However haven't had much time to do my homework...
Beside Ocean Park and Disneyland, what other places are suitable for kids? My boy is 2 1/2 and he's very active.....

Also not forgetting the shopping for my wife... what are the must go and must eat?

Thanks!

feivel

Reaction score
temperature for end of Sept

Hi all... may i know whats the temp. like in HK for end Sep period? Like S'pore weather? Need to bring jacket? Will it be rainy too? Thanks.

i'v been wondering the same thing... could someone please help us???
thanksss in advance!!

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
i'v been wondering the same thing... could someone please help us???
thanksss in advance!!
hi travmufc and feivel,

weather in hk for late sept will be around 25 to 30*C in the day, and slightly cooler at night. will still rain abit, but not as much as in august. much like the normal weather here.

feivel

Reaction score
thank u!!

hi travmufc and feivel,

weather in hk for late sept will be around 25 to 30*C in the day, and slightly cooler at night. will still rain abit, but not as much as in august. much like the normal weather here.

thanks CharmanderWong!!! :D:)

btw, i'm figuring out my shpg itineraries and i hope y'all can help?
1) does anyone know whether F.O. such as: space warehouse, pedder building, dickson wrhouse, IT Sale shop, etc still open for business or not??
is there other similar FO offering good branded products?

2) are li yuen st & stanley market worth visiting? how to get to stanley market btw?

3) does sai yeung choi st only sell A/V products? or can we find fashion there too?

MANY THANKS FOR UR ASSITANCE!!!! :D

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
thanks CharmanderWong!!! :D:)

btw, i'm figuring out my shpg itineraries and i hope y'all can help?
1) does anyone know whether F.O. such as: space warehouse, pedder building, dickson wrhouse, IT Sale shop, etc still open for business or not??
is there other similar FO offering good branded products?

2) are li yuen st & stanley market worth visiting? how to get to stanley market btw?

3) does sai yeung choi st only sell A/V products? or can we find fashion there too?

MANY THANKS FOR UR ASSITANCE!!!! :D
i'm not too sure about all the shopping stuff, but stanley market is something like our bugis street here, with less crowd, and targeted towards the ang mo... can take 6, 66, and 6X there...

u love scenery? or sightseeing? b'coz normally when i visit stanley i'd also visit shek'o (nth but rocks and a beach), repulse bay, and the peak toegether.

It's pretty much all electronics at sai yeung choi street.

simple-mind1801

Reaction score
Guys,

just to check which shopping malls of the below are unnecessary to go (boring shops) or MUST go?

1)Times Square
2)Harbour City (Over 700 shop worth a try)
3)Miramar Shopping Center (Can Skip)
4)Argyle Centre (Yes you shld go)
5)Langham Place
6)Sun Arcade
7)Grandville Road
8)Landmark
9)Stanley St (If time permint)

Please Advise!

Just my thoughs

princesswenz

Reaction score
can anyone advise how do i get from hk airport to dorsett seaview in kowloon (near yau ma tei mtr station) by airport express service?

also, can anyone advise how do i get to the peak by bus?
thanks in advance..

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
can anyone advise how do i get from hk airport to dorsett seaview in kowloon (near yau ma tei mtr station) by airport express service?

also, can anyone advise how do i get to the peak by bus?
thanks in advance..
hi princesswenz,

the most convenient way to dorsett seaview is to take the cityflyer bus A21 from the airport, fare is hkd$33. Get off at the 8th stop or when they announce your hotel name. It's direct so just need cross the road to ur hotel.

as for the peak, there's service 15 from central piers (star ferry from tsim sha tsui). or u can go to bus stops along central/admiralty mtr to board.

bluesky1

Reaction score
will be going to HK on 8th sept! Yeah! staying at mongkok.

anyway i'll be going the usual places:

1st day: arrival, maybe go Wong Tai Sin temple pray pray or might proceed to Peak + Wax Musuem. Then at night go watch symphony of lights.
you guy think got enough time to "rush" down before 8pm to be at Avenue of Stars?

2nd day: Lantau Island. Nong Ping360, Po Lin Monastery, Big Buddha. Shopping at Tung Chung. City Gates. Go shopping @ SOGO, Lane Crawford, Harbourcity etc...
Any shopping centres to recommend? High end or low end also ok... Might wanna buy Gucci or LV back if they are cheap... =P

3rd Day: Disneyland

4th day: Ocean Park

5th Day: Maybe just shopping around loh... Or u guys got any recommendations??

would like to know if toys like Blythe dolls are cheaper in HK? Where to find them? anybody knows? THanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.