HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Jo_Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm thinking of going Hong Kong...
Any good Air Fare from major airlines to recommend?
Tried SIA and Cathay....

can try united airline...i juz fly back from HK, the airfare i paid was S$401.00 (incl. taxes and misc charges)

timing not bad...early early go and late late come back...

jesagal

Reaction score
can try united airline...i juz fly back from HK, the airfare i paid was S$401.00 (incl. taxes and misc charges)

timing not bad...early early go and late late come back...

did u book it online? jz went in and see... the price was like.... :s31: $1000+

ascdf13

Master Member
Reaction score
just booked the ticket for may at $798 for 2 pax, yesterday was $794 for 2 pax :( 1 day late then it increases slightly. anyone has budget or cheap hotel to recommend for 1 week?

leo_rock

Reaction score
hi all

anyone gt any recommend for hotel in macau and zhuhai?

gng with parents so probably not staying in those backpack type.

thanks in advance 4 any help available =p

Jo_Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just booked the ticket for may at $798 for 2 pax, yesterday was $794 for 2 pax :( 1 day late then it increases slightly. anyone has budget or cheap hotel to recommend for 1 week?

which airline u taking ?

for lodging, can try ah shan at mongkok sincere house...less than 5 mins
walk to MTR stn..HK$280 per nite for 2 person room..

o0SpaceY0o

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just came back from HK ytd night. touch down @ T1 by Jetstar Airways @ 12.10am. Maybe u all can post some question as I just came back and can asnwer some common questions.

ascdf13

Master Member
Reaction score
just came back from HK ytd night. touch down @ T1 by Jetstar Airways @ 12.10am. Maybe u all can post some question as I just came back and can asnwer some common questions.

hi bro, hope had a great time over at hk, btw

which hotel/hostel did u stay in?

ascdf13

Master Member
Reaction score
Bridal Tea House Hotel @ Yaw Ma Tei. SGD$100/- per room.

hows is it? was looking to book it for my may trip :) any pics to share? did u book directly with them or thru other websites? saw one offering sgd $75++/ night

oonikx

Reaction score
i'm going HK for the first time in Feb, need to know where is the place to find electronics gadgets like our Sim Lim in HK? if buy hp from there, can it be used in SG?? would it be cheaper to buy electronic gadgets like digi cam, PSP frm HK compare to SG?

any place to buy haversacks in HK and would it be cheaper compare to army market?

leo_rock

Reaction score
Jus touch Singapore after my 8 days trip. Enjoy ur trip there.. Hong Kong is not as cold as you though.. but if u are heading to The Peak, Lantua Island.. remember to bring a jacket.. cos its really windy with cold breeze.. Macau is also a place where jacket is need... in most of the places.

Feel free to go to our blog to view our hong kong trip pictures at http://www.magwill.blogspot.com (Stay tune for my winter hongkong, macau, zhu hai pictures)

Any recommend places for macau and zhu hai to visit??

leo_rock

Reaction score
hi all

anyone gt any recommend for hotel in macau and zhuhai?
gng with parents so probably not staying in those backpack type.

Also any places not to be missed in Macau and Zhuhai?

thanks in advance 4 any help available =p

storytell

Reaction score
Any recommend places for macau and zhu hai to visit??

Macau i will recommend you to go the black sand beach and go it in the afternoon, and all those common place to visit.. but its purely for photo taking. and try the portuges food at black sand beach.. its super nice..

You can actually skip the macau tower.. its really nth..but try going to fisherman village.. a new attraction in macau.. and the "yongLi hotel".. There are some "show" at the centre lobby.. think you parents will like it... Quite nice actually.. posting the video sooon..

for zhu hai... at landmark shopping mall and the bar street....

Feel free to go to our blog to view our hong kong trip pictures at http://www.magwill.blogspot.com (Stay tune for my winter hongkong, macau, zhu hai pictures)

Last edited:

darr

Reaction score
I just came back from Hongkong. Very cool and fine weather! Here I list down some places one should visit. Of course there are other areas like Elements, Citygate, APM, New Town, Festival Walk, Maritime Square...but what I list below should cover 80% of your shopping needs. Note street markets opening timings - locals markets like Tai Yuen, Apliu open from 7am to 7pm (sometimes to 9pm). Mongkok (Sai Yuen, Tong Choi) closes around 1230am (Sun to Thur), 11pm (Fri-Sat). Temple Street closes 1130pm everyday.

Free wifi – Macdonalds, Starbucks, Pacific Coffee, Wanchai/Central MRT, Public Libraries, some Govt areas (schools etc). Note there's usually a limit of 20min free surfing per day.

Prince Edward – Fa Yuen St
Shops selling factory-reject goods 50-70% off – Polo, Adidas, Nike, EDC, Burberry.....to name a few. As far as I can see, the defects are largely negligible – small stains, oversewn buttons...etc.

Mongkok – Ladies St, Tung Choi, Sai Yeung Choi South St
Typical tourist market. Worth a stroll to while away the night. There's a 4-floor Bossini store at Sai Yeung Choi South St, the top floor sells off-season (read: in-season locally) clothes 40-50% off. There's an Espirit outlet (opposite the Bossini store) if you have no time to visit the larger one at Tung Chung.

Mongkok - SINO CENTRE (along Nathan Rd)
Mostly toys, CD/DVD, watches, game shops. Worth a visit, especially the 2nd-hand DVD shops (Blu-ray HK100-150, brand-new Japan Region2 DVD movies/mtv HK10-40). Most shops close around 9pm, a few as late as 1am.

Mongkok - CTMA CENTRE (along Nathan Rd)
Mostly toy shops. Not very cheap, buy only what you can't find elsewhere. If you can find in Tai Yuen St (Wanchai), it's usually cheaper.

Mongkok - ARGYLE CENTRE (~Bugis Village)
Crazily cheap clothes! 40-50% cheaper than the already-cheap Bugis Village.

Sham Shui Po - Apliu Street
Galore of electronics gadgets, mechanical tools, photo gear. SOME good buys:
a. Monopod (Velbon, Manfrotto, Gitzo, Benro)
b. Batteries (Eneloop HK69, Recyko HK55, Camelion HK50, Uniross HK45), can't find iMedion.
c. Luxeon w/ 12 LEDs headlamp (HK40)
d. Optical Cable 3m (HK45)
e. HDMI Cable 3m (HK48)
f. B&D RTX-1 (HK475)
g. Energizer/Camelion/GP hp chargers using AA batt (HK35)

Sham Shui Po – Fuk Wing St
Wholesale toys, ad-hoc shops clearance sales. These places are only cheap when you buy in bulk. Sells singly also, but know your prices before you buy (Tai Yuen St is a good place to compare)

Sham Shui Po – Tai Nam, Ki Lung, Yu Chau, Pei Ho, Fuk Wa, Kweilin St
Locals market selling clothes, toys...very similar to the Mongkok night street markets (less souvenirs), but cheaper of course.

Sham Shui Po - DRAGON CENTRE
Nice place (~People's Park Complex) to stroll around and there's a great restaurant (yu mi jia) selling hongkong cuisine, no svc charge!

Sham Shui Po - GOLDEN SHOPPING CENTRE
Like SLS, many interesting stuff not found locally, and cheaper. SOME good buys:
a. Qnap (TS209 HK1670, TS409 HK2150)
b. USB hub w/ individual on/off switch (HK40)
c. Memory hardcase for SD/miniSD/microSD/MS/MSDuo/M2 cards (HK20)
d. Wii Games (US Version) (~10-15% cheaper)
e. mATX galore (much more variety than Taiwan)
f. HDMI-DVI converter (HK35)
g. all brands of MP4 players .

Wanchai - Tai Yuen St
Largely locals market, but with 6 toy shops usually the lowest prices you can find. You won't find much Gundam HG kits, cos MG kits are only S$30++! Tamiya kits are also way cheaper (25-40%). At the street end you can find a classic HK public toilet.....longkang w flowing water and small doors...be amazed what you can see below.

Wanchai - 188/198 COMPUTER SHOPPING CENTRE
Not worth going unless you absolutely need something from there. Very cramp walkways and a lot of ahbengs....chances are you can already find what you need in Golden (SSP), and cheaper.

Causeway Bay - TIMES SQUARE (~ Ngee Ann City / Adelphi)
A lot of audiophiles shops on the lower levels, restaurants on the upper levels. But look out for warehouse sales at the 14th floor exhibition area. Last year I found mid-range stuff like Timberland at 40-50% off, this year ladies high-end clothes/bags that costs upwards of thousands, 60-80% off!

Causeway Bay - CAUSEWAY BAY 2 SHOPPING CENTRE
Many toy shops. Generally not that cheap but on and off some great deals. But if you are short of time, Sino and CTMA will suffice.

Causeway Bay - WINSOR HOUSE
Many types of shops – ToysR'us, toys, clothes, 2 floors of computing shops (like Funan). Nothing special here but there's one shop selling Apple stuff (those who knows, HK prices are a lot cheaper)

Tung Chung - CITYGATE
I think I should at least mention it here. Due to the proximity, worth visit only if you have the time. Many outlets stores but you won't miss much as the prices are not really rock bottom, may have a few good buys (my wife bought HK1000 worth of Espirit stuff that would have cost S$400++). There's another Espirit outlet at Mongkok.

I'm gg next week. Time to up this post! ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.