HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Clarity

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Hi Clarity,

Firstly, i find ur schedule abit weird becoz on on Day 2, every single thing after 5pm is basically at or around the same place, honestly, time could be spent at other places.
Next, are you sure u are going into disneyland from 5pm to 8pm? Seems quite wasteful for me, and u'll need a "bit" of time to go disney.

And for the questions,

Cab one way from airport cost around $270 to Yau Ma Tei which is where YMCA intl house is.
Each luggage in the boot will have a $5 luggage charge.

Airport CityFlyer coach Route 21 which cost $33 per person stops 1 street (100m) away from the hotel, next to Yau Ma Tei MTR station.
On this map(obtainable from cityflyer coach) it is stop 7 on the green line:
CityFlyer Map

Airport Express trains are not adviced, due to the fact that:
There is no direct shuttle from Kowloon Station to your hotel, and
The best possble way to get to Yau Ma Tei on this service will be by a transfer over at HK island, which makes it totally impractical.

30mins should be enough to cover the entire stretch of Avenue of stars, i would say its not so interesting (for me) as it's simply palm prints of many star's hands. So i suppose that's just a see see look look place.

I've yet to see a sunrise in HK, but beautiful sunsets can be seen from the peak.
Like this one: :D
Sunset

and oh yes, the rooms in YMCA intl house do come with attatched bathroom and toilet.
Hi there!

Hmm, my planning is more to,same area, same place... So maybe Day 2 is all same place.. For Day 2, I thk after the shopping, also quite late liao... not much place to go already?

Hmm... Disneyland seems small. Hahaa.. But not sure how long it may need. 3hrs not enough ah? How much time would u recommend?

As for Airport CityFlyer coach Route 21, Im thking of taking, but abit worried abt missing the stop. Erm, do we tell the coach driver when we get on the bus our destination? Also, is pay when get on / get off?

Nice Sunset ;) Guess I must reach the peak before sunset... Then can take pics of it in daytime, Sunset and nite view :s13:

Haha... someone should sticky this HK thread =:p

trooper21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when buying from the adidas warehouse in hung hom, make sure u check the goods. some t-shirts have stains, my personal experience, price wise slightly cheaper than fa yuen st, but limited designs.. :)

hubster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clarity said:
Hmm... Disneyland seems small. Hahaa.. But not sure how long it may need. 3hrs not enough ah? How much time would u recommend?

As for Airport CityFlyer coach Route 21, Im thking of taking, but abit worried abt missing the stop. Erm, do we tell the coach driver when we get on the bus our destination? Also, is pay when get on / get off?

Disney land 3hrs not enough de

as for airport express
pls refer to this link

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Clarity said:
Hi there!

Hmm, my planning is more to,same area, same place... So maybe Day 2 is all same place.. For Day 2, I thk after the shopping, also quite late liao... not much place to go already?

Nice Sunset ;) Guess I must reach the peak before sunset... Then can take pics of it in daytime, Sunset and nite view :s13:

Haha... someone should sticky this HK thread =:p
Hmmmm...

u might want to try a star ferry ride to and fro the victoria harbour if theres time to spare, and if u're not prone to seasick...

Disneyland 3hours confirm not enough, most people will put one day aside for disney.

All this CityFlyer coaches have next stop LED (something like those used in SMRT Buses nowdays) and a Next stop broadcast system, or you may want to tell the driver and request him to tell you where to stop. Don't worry, this coaches are not rushing for time so they will wait for u to get ur luggage and slowly walk out. =D

All Public buses in Hk (incl CityFlyer) have fixed fare system, and thus u only pay once at boarding. Use a octupus card for convience.

O/T: that sunset was taken at 5:30pm last year october.

Clarity

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Hmmmm...

u might want to try a star ferry ride to and fro the victoria harbour if theres time to spare, and if u're not prone to seasick...

Disneyland 3hours confirm not enough, most people will put one day aside for disney.

All this CityFlyer coaches have next stop LED (something like those used in SMRT Buses nowdays) and a Next stop broadcast system, or you may want to tell the driver and request him to tell you where to stop. Don't worry, this coaches are not rushing for time so they will wait for u to get ur luggage and slowly walk out. =D

All Public buses in Hk (incl CityFlyer) have fixed fare system, and thus u only pay once at boarding. Use a octupus card for convience.

O/T: that sunset was taken at 5:30pm last year october.
Hmm.. planning to set aside 5hrs for Disneyland.. That's abt as much as I can squeeze out >.<

5.30pm sunset?! That's early! Means I got to get to the peak by.. 5pm to see the sunset?!

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Clarity said:
Hmm.. planning to set aside 5hrs for Disneyland.. That's abt as much as I can squeeze out >.<

5.30pm sunset?! That's early! Means I got to get to the peak by.. 5pm to see the sunset?!
ya 5:30pm, but thats in october. BTW it dosent make sense to wait from 5+ till the sky darkens at 7+ and u see proper night scenery, and the sun dosent look that nice everyday, so maybe u might want to give it a miss.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any1 been to Lam Tsuen Wishing Trees lately?

can we still throw a bundle of bright red paper onto the tree branches?

How to rch there?

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clarity said:

No harm going a little earlier.
1) If you are going by bus from Central to the Peak Tram Station, you have to queue 2x (1 for the bus and 1 for the tram).

2) Others will have the same idea as you. And the queue will be long.
(FYI: It took me about 1+hr to clear the above 2 queue to get to reach the Peak just in Aug this year). As bad as a Disneyland ride during Peak (get the pun?) hour.

3) You could save time by taking the bus up to the peak (queue only once but you will miss the tram ride which is the highlight). I took the bus down because I didn't want to queue twice on the way back.

- the bus ride is more likely to cause motion sickness than the Star Ferry ride.

4) OR when you reach the tram station, buy the Madame Tussauds cum tram ticket combo. It allows you to jump queue.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lowjk said:
No harm going a little earlier.
1) If you are going by bus from Central to the Peak Tram Station, you have to queue 2x (1 for the bus and 1 for the tram).

2) Others will have the same idea as you. And the queue will be long.
(FYI: It took me about 1+hr to clear the above 2 queue to get to reach the Peak just in Aug this year). As bad as a Disneyland ride during Peak (get the pun?) hour.

3) You could save time by taking the bus up to the peak (queue only once but you will miss the tram ride which is the highlight). I took the bus down because I didn't want to queue twice on the way back.

- the bus ride is more likely to cause motion sickness than the Star Ferry ride.

4) OR when you reach the tram station, buy the Madame Tussauds cum tram ticket combo. It allows you to jump queue.

cant we walk from Central MTR to the Lower Peak Tram station?

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
From what i heard u cant throw on the wishing tree anymore because of the acident of the tree breaking a while back. www.discoverhongkong.com has ways where u can reach the wishing tree.

If u're going to the peak and want to be adventureous, Go walk up, exercise + save $ :D
Anyway i do recommend the downhill ride on Svc 15 down from the peak, especially at night. Not many countries have double deckers going up and down a 600+meteres mountain, quite an experience to me.

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
dreamer75 said:
cant we walk from Central MTR to the Lower Peak Tram station?
You can, but then again, u might want to try your luck on the bus which is an open top double decker. (Should still be there)

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
You can, but then again, u might want to try your luck on the bus which is an open top double decker. (Should still be there)

my plan is to walk from Central mTR to lower tram terminal to take the tram up to The Peak.

Then take bus 15 down from the peak to the lower Tram Terminal.

So that i can have both worlds :D

hubster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:

yup open top bus 15 still have but very less le ratio is only 1 open top bus in every 3 bus

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
hubster said:
yup open top bus 15 still have but very less le ratio is only 1 open top bus in every 3 bus
uhh... not 15 its 15C, only goes from Star Ferry Central to Lower Peak Tram terminus, from my knowledge, the route is operated by one open top double decker and a single deck bus.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it very far to walk from Star Ferry Central to Central MTR? how long?

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
From what i heard u cant throw on the wishing tree anymore because of the acident of the tree breaking a while back. www.discoverhongkong.com has ways where u can reach the wishing tree.

If u're going to the peak and want to be adventureous, Go walk up, exercise + save $ :D
Anyway i do recommend the downhill ride on Svc 15 down from the peak, especially at night. Not many countries have double deckers going up and down a 600+meteres mountain, quite an experience to me.

oh..so sad...cannot throw alr...

hubster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
uhh... not 15 its 15C, only goes from Star Ferry Central to Lower Peak Tram terminus, from my knowledge, the route is operated by one open top double decker and a single deck bus.

yup im taliking bout 15c and i saw them having only one open top bus with 3non open tops one

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dreamer75 said:
my plan is to walk from Central mTR to lower tram terminal to take the tram up to The Peak.

Then take bus 15 down from the peak to the lower Tram Terminal.

So that i can have both worlds :D

Er, bus 15 brings you to the bus interchange next to the airport express.
No problems though as it's connect to the MTR but you have walk quite a distance.

I must say though, I'm really impressed with the number of outlets of the MTR stations; the planners really maximised usage. I'm sure if they had designed the MRT stations here, I would able to walk from Bugis Station to SLS via the underground.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lowjk said:
Er, bus 15 brings you to the bus interchange next to the airport express.
No problems though as it's connect to the MTR but you have walk quite a distance.

I must say though, I'm really impressed with the number of outlets of the MTR stations; the planners really maximised usage. I'm sure if they had designed the MRT stations here, I would able to walk from Bugis Station to SLS via the underground.

oh yah..paisey..bus 15 will bring me from the peak down to the Central (Exchange Square Bus Terminus). How long to walk from the bus terminal to Central MTR? Thanks :)

hubster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u dun have to go to bus terminus u can alight before the terminus bus stop and then walk to the MTR which is not far de

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.