HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #1621

hi guys, anyone going to HK between 9-13june? =) ill be staying at metropark kowloon hotel. has anyone stayed there recently? i read from this thread that food is pretty ex.. are there any places to get cheaper food? the hotel im staying in doesnt provide breakfast..i guess most dont..suggestions?
do they still give out the bags at the airport, containing those vouchers?ill be flying via jetstar..i read from some replies that the place where the plane lands is pretty desserted..is tt true?
daphnetanxinling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #1622

Just book tickets Via CX @532 witth 1nite inclusive onboard Star Pisces. So booking another 2 nites are some hotel in TST, total cost abt $672 each for 4 days 3 nites.
Issit Expensive
jeff21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #1623
Supremacy Member

hi guys, anyone going to HK between 9-13june? =) ill be staying at metropark kowloon hotel. has anyone stayed there recently? i read from this thread that food is pretty ex.. are there any places to get cheaper food? the hotel im staying in doesnt provide breakfast..i guess most dont..suggestions?
do they still give out the bags at the airport, containing those vouchers?ill be flying via jetstar..i read from some replies that the place where the plane lands is pretty desserted..is tt true?
not too sure about ur definition of deserted but:
after the plane has landed, you will need to take a train to the 'main' area where you will check out and take your luggage.
then from airport, it's around 1/2 hr to 1 hr journey via airport express (MTR) to the city
Old 25-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #1624
High Supremacy Member

not too sure about ur definition of deserted but:
after the plane has landed, you will need to take a train to the 'main' area where you will check out and take your luggage.
then from airport, it's around 1/2 hr to 1 hr journey via airport express (MTR) to the city

you may take the airport bus to city centre. its cheaper than airport express train.

about the cheap food, you get get some in Mongkok area. What kinds of food you prefer/ Fast food restaurants ok?

I live in HK, you can ask me any questions.
Old 26-05-2007, 12:15 AM   #1625

Any idea whats the airline that provide best offer tixs to hongkong? travelling on 11 july to 17 july.

Thanks in advance...
monster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 12:23 AM   #1626

yesh!!! boarding the plane in 5 hours , finally here.
papaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 02:39 AM   #1627
Arch-Supremacy Member

yesh!!! boarding the plane in 5 hours , finally here.
Happy for you, i'm going in 2 days time
revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #1628

Mi gg over in abt 5 days time!!

Cheers!!
darren_tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #1629

helloo going there from 29th to 31st of May....so exciting.

misshanako: i will be there for only 3 days 2 nites. what are the really must dos?

I really wanna try all the hk food dim sum, mebbe some budget and some expensive ones. What are the really nice food stalls?

Regarding shopping, i read about the espirit and shopping at the citygates blah blah.. but where can i get nice work long sleeve shirts and pants?

And i really like to shop at temple street but what if i cant speak cantonese and not a good bargainer?
Is it really disadvantageous?
samuel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 12:50 AM   #1630

Any idea whats the airline that provide best offer tixs to hongkong? travelling on 11 july to 17 july.

Thanks in advance...
hi monster3, I am also planning to go HK as the same week as you. Looking for lower air tickets now. Maybe we can share the deals here if we happen to see any good ones.

Jetstar is around $750 for 2 persons for that week.
bh0322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 01:53 AM   #1631

hi monster3, I am also planning to go HK as the same week as you. Looking for lower air tickets now. Maybe we can share the deals here if we happen to see any good ones.

Jetstar is around $750 for 2 persons for that week.
Great bro, i'm still looking for hotel n airtixs.

ya, jetstar abut $750 for 2 person include tax. SQ should be close to $1k on sweet deals, united airlines should be $888(not sure if taxs are included?), cathay almost $1.2k(way too ex). any other better option?

Have u booked ur hotel yet? currently considering Tatami Hampton Hotel Hong Kong. location on the map is alrite. between mongkok n Yau Ma Tei. Rate wise should be less than HK$480, but pictures of the rooms don't look good.

Maybe members here can give some review on Tatami Hampton Hotel.
Thanks in advance...

Maybe we can meetup in HongKong at some 'Cha Chung Tin' for coffee/tea.
Cheers!

Last edited by monster3; 27-05-2007 at 01:57 AM..
monster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 04:20 AM   #1632
Master Member

Actually looking for hotel for my stay during aug..but thinking might as well stay at hostel to save up more after reading thru the whole thread and alot of positive review on the hostel.

So need some help on the review and pics if any for the hostel.

Dragon Inn, Dragon Hostel or any hostel situated at Mong kok (Will prefer private BR)

Thanks alot!!
zeroflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #1633

hi all,
had booked UA and Mayfair Garden that cost me $674 per pax and travelling frm 19th to 23rd jun (5days 4nights)...
Old 27-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #1634

hi all...

i booked Cathay..
going there for 5D4N..
from 12th to 16th..

paid $859 per pax..
staying at a hotel in Mongkok area..
inclusive of one night stay at Disney Hollywood Hotel and also one day pass to Disneyland..

is it a bit too ex?
vengence_angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #1635

Great bro, i'm still looking for hotel n airtixs.

ya, jetstar abut $750 for 2 person include tax. SQ should be close to $1k on sweet deals, united airlines should be $888(not sure if taxs are included?), cathay almost $1.2k(way too ex). any other better option?

Have u booked ur hotel yet? currently considering Tatami Hampton Hotel Hong Kong. location on the map is alrite. between mongkok n Yau Ma Tei. Rate wise should be less than HK$480, but pictures of the rooms don't look good.

Maybe members here can give some review on Tatami Hampton Hotel.
Thanks in advance...

Maybe we can meetup in HongKong at some 'Cha Chung Tin' for coffee/tea.
Cheers!
I am still deciding whether to stay in hostel or a hotel. There have been good reviews for the hostels whereas hotels in HK are rather small on the other hand. Got to make a decision soon. .....
Most likely I will be taking budget airlines as I am still checking the price daily......

Will let you know if there is any updates or better deals.
bh0322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.