HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #1666

just came back from a 6day HK trip. Was staying at Shamrock Hotel along Nathan Road. If you guys want to ask anything, I'll try my best to answer.
Hi linus,
How was the hotel like clean,rooms bright enough,big etc. Was there an escalator to mrt or must climb stairs? good food nearby?
enoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:27 PM   #1667
Master Member

Hi linus,
How was the hotel like clean,rooms bright enough,big etc. Was there an escalator to mrt or must climb stairs? good food nearby?
The best thing I like about the hotel is that it is within walking distance to shopping belts and TST. The nearest MTR station is Jordan. The entrance to the MTR is about 1-2 minute walk away. There are escalators leading to a certain area then its about 2 flight of stairs before you reach the street.

The staff are very helpful and fluent with English. Do ask for the non-smoking rooms if you are a non-smoker. The room is clean and decent and depending on the size of the room you get. The first room I got was pretty small and in a smoking floor. I requested for a non-smoking room and got another room that is bigger. Generally, the rooms are good and you don't really spend most of the time in the room so I guess its good for me.

I always go to this eatery which is 24 hours. I think its called fu du cai zhang ting. Typical HK style breakfast food. Depending on what you order, breakfast for 2 is usually less than 10SGD. There are several restaurants nearby that serve dim sum. Some bakeries along the same street in case you are hungry. Shamrock Hotel has its own seafood restaurant and cafe that serves continental breakfast if you like.

BTW, the hotel will request a deposit of HKD 300 dollars.

Ways to get there:
1. Cheapest: Take Airport Express to Kowloon and transfer to free shuttle bus service K1. Alight at first stop. 5 minute walk to Shamrock Hotel.
2. Taxi: 5 minute taxi ride from Kowloon Station
3. MTR: Take Airport Express to HongKong and Take the red line from Central. You will reach Jordan in less than 15 minutes. But the walk from HongKong to Central station can be quite long.

Last edited by Linus; 01-06-2007 at 10:42 PM..
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:46 AM   #1668

dorsett olympic sucks...dont go there.
shopping is great!

i love HK!
samuel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:29 AM   #1669
Supremacy Member

hey all, if wanna go HK in end july (free & easy) for maybe 4D3N or 5D4N hor, how much will it cost to book the air tix + airport tax etc huh?

i understand the tour packages provided by most agencies will include hotel stays, disneyland etc.

would like to look for a deal which is most worth my $$..
fabiaN__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #1670

any1 has came back from HK disney recently ? i heard parts of it are not done yet or are not opened yet... and is it worth to stay overnight at the hotel in disney ? wat can u do there in the nite?
darylfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #1671

I just came back from Hong Kong last week....
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #1672
Master Member

any1 has came back from HK disney recently ? i heard parts of it are not done yet or are not opened yet... and is it worth to stay overnight at the hotel in disney ? wat can u do there in the nite?
Hi. I just came back from HK and I went to disney. IMHO, I think disney can be covered in one full day. I think only "Small World" is under construction. The latest attraction should be the Pirate Land (due to Pirates movie). Advice is to go one a weekday. I went on a Tuesday. Though crowded, the queues were fast moving. You can go for the rides and photo taking wiht the characters in the morning and afternoon. Catch the parade at 3.30pm then go shopping or other rides and catch the fireworks in the evening. I don't think there is a need to stay overnight unless you have kids who are super crazy with the rides. Basically, we had the time to go for each ride 2 times so I guess, its okay. But disney hotel looks posh.

We went there at 10am but was told that it will only open at 10.30. So, we walked to the disney hotel. THere are 2 hotels. The disney hotel is the better one and had a walk inside. It looks good. Worth staying for the experience.
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #1673

could you guys who came back from hk recently recommend the hotel you were staying?
chrs_tphr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #1674

I stay in the local Hong Kong Apartment each time i am in Hong Kong...

Most of the Hotels in Hong Kong i have stayed before. so please do shoot out the question if you have any...
Old 04-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #1675
Supremacy Member

I stay in the local Hong Kong Apartment each time i am in Hong Kong...

Most of the Hotels in Hong Kong i have stayed before. so please do shoot out the question if you have any...
Okay, which hotel in the TST/Mongkok area has the "free" best gym? (I mention this because the gym in Royal Plaza isn't free to hotel guests)
So far, the best I've seen is Golden Mile Holiday Inn.
Any better this?
lowjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #1676

Thumbs up

Okay, which hotel in the TST/Mongkok area has the "free" best gym? (I mention this because the gym in Royal Plaza isn't free to hotel guests)
So far, the best I've seen is Golden Mile Holiday Inn.
Any better this?
Free gym to hotel guest. Listed below...

http://hongkong.langhamhotels.com/health/hong_kong_gym.htm
http://www.fourseasons.com/hongkong/fitness_facilities.html
http://hongkong.eatonhotels.com/page.php?view=b0200
http://www.cosmopolitanhotel.com.hk/comfort.html
http://hongkong.peninsula.com/phk/packages.html
http://
www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/hongkong
http://www.gdhhotels.com/en/hotel.php?hotelid=3

Old 05-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #1677

if were to stay at mong kok ,kow loon area .. will it tk a very long time to travel to other places like the peak ? ocean park?
darylfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:48 AM   #1678

Hi i'm planing to go hk in august. This is my first trip there so there r things tat i'm still checking out..

The hotel tat was recommended to me is Metropark Hotel Mongkok (Formerly Hotel Concourse). Any1 stay in this hotel recently? How is e hotel? Is e room big enough to hold 3 adults? Are there any others hotels which u all would recommend?

I would be there for 4d3n like to ask those of you who has been to hongkong wat was the price u pay for the whole package including the airtickets (exclude airport tax). O n myflight will b cathay pacific n total price is more than $1600. Is it too ex?
curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:07 PM   #1679

no all leh.
actually the computer stuff in hk is generally lousy.
Singapore prices more competitive.
just that HK has more water goods from China to complement.

fashion wise....think all of us following japan.
hahaha...
astonchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #1680
Supremacy Member

hk water goods? i think jb can get cheaper...
i once know of someone who bought a "d***" laptop from JB...
i think 900sgd only (and tt's ard 2-3yrs ago)

everything looks the same as D** except the bottom dun have the windows sticker...immediately, i know it's "super" water goods
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.