HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #2056

Hi I'm gg Macau n HK this sun.

Taking Tigerair to Macau for 2 nites, then ferry to HK, staying HK 4 nites, then take Jetstar back to Singapore.

Total I paid $590 for 7D6N exlcuding the Ferry fares fm Macau to HK.

Heard HK is very warm now. So best to wear berms/shorts if gg places like Lantau Island, Disneyland, Zhuhai, n Shenzhen?

I'm planning to go Lantau Island for the Big Buddha in the morning say 10am, then to Citigate for lunch n shopping, then head over to DisneyLand ard 3pm. Is it too late to go at this timing?

btw the 1 Day Tourist pass includes unlimited MTR rides, does it include bus rides too?

Last edited by pretzel18; 25-07-2007 at 04:39 PM..
pretzel18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #2057
Supremacy Member

Hi I'm gg Macau n HK this sun.

Taking Tigerair to Macau for 2 nites, then ferry to HK, staying HK 4 nites, then take Jetstar back to Singapore.

Total I paid $590 for 7D6N exlcuding the Ferry fares fm Macau to HK.

Heard HK is very warm now. So best to wear berms/shorts if gg places like Lantau Island, Disneyland, Zhuhai, n Shenzhen?

I'm planning to go Lantau Island for the Big Buddha in the morning say 10am, then to Citigate for lunch n shopping, then head over to DisneyLand ard 3pm. Is it too late to go at this timing?

btw the 1 Day Tourist pass includes unlimited MTR rides, does it include bus rides too?

Yah wear shorts, bring umbrella, water bottle anything that can relief you from the heat.

imo, there're quite lotsa of things to do in Disneyland (takes up a whole day actually) hence, going in at 3pm may be at a disadvantage to you - not worth the price
chuan3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 08:36 PM   #2058

ya. disneyland cost u 70sgd. going in at 3pm is a little wasted.
xl8080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 02:40 AM   #2059

hi, l'm going.August also. (23 aug) 5d4n free n ez. Fly via jetstar. Currently planning my initerary, maybe we can share for tips. hehe.
total is arourd 550++

hong kong peak mth ends at early september.
hi Mobby80! Wah how come ure 100 bucks cheaper than me....same as u 5d4n, i going 24 Aug, only diff is im flying UA.... but even then cant be so much cheaper..

which agent did u use? Also which hotel u staying at?

Yea we can def share shopping and makan tips!! I'll also share as much as i have researched with the rest of the ppl in this forum! Cos i picked up a lot of tips from these lao jiaos!

All share share more info, especially if u just went to HK within last few months!!! Thanks =)
Musicguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 06:19 AM   #2060

I am flying via JetStar.. budget airline, so it should be cheaper then UnitedAirlines... hehe... staying over at YMCA Intl house at You Ma Tei. Superior room..

Currently Zuji has promotion for UOB visa cards. extra $60 for every hotel booking on top of it's current hotel promos. So managed to get the hotel room at a lower then cost i find at online agents i know of.

My current plan would be 1 day trip in Macau and 4 days in Hongkong.
Old 26-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #2061

mobby80 and music guru,
i will be in hk at that time already.....coincidence is i am staying in the same hotel as mobby 80....i booked direct with ymca, average i am payng is abt 4++ hkd a nite......... anyway, if u wanna meet up when u get there, let me know via pm....i will let u know my contact number then....
flanker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #2062

All share share more info, especially if u just went to HK within last few months!!! Thanks =)
i jus came back from my 1 week trip last week. lol.
Old 26-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #2063

i'll be flying to HK in a week's time. flying with UA free n easy 4d3n SGD492
eth0_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #2064

hmm maybe i go to Lantau Island earlier? but i duno whether i will spend alot of time at citigate nt.

btw anyone gt any idea abt the 1Day Octuplus Card? Does it include bus rides?
Old 26-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #2065

eth0_21, does you SGD492 includes hotel?
flanker27, how do you get 4xx on the rates... funny that coz i see from YMCA web is also 5XX cheapest... nevermind since i have already book the hotel.. hehe.. by the way, I dun think i will bring my mobile to HK. Roaming is expensive, haha.. maybe we are also "neighbours".

by the way, normally at hong kong where do you all settle your means like breakfast, lunch or dinner? at fast food?
Old 26-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #2066

pretzel18 bro, i remember seeing is only unlimited mtr rides. it didnt mention can use on bus rides. remember, the 1-day unlimited mtr ride starts from ur 1st mtr ride and last 24 hours, if u bought the card but nv take mtr yet. it nt counted. depend on self lah, to me i find citigate not much of things to shop. they have levis, nike, quiksilver, adidas, esprit, city-chain but the stuffs are off season.

mobby80 bro, bring ur mobile. get their people simcard. it is a prepaid cost u only 60 sgd. can call within HK and even back to singapore. anytime cheaper than the roaming by out local telcos. if u want i can pass u mine. still got value but duno hw much.lol. nv use finish.

for food wise. you can find almost good food everywhere. the usual food hunts in HK are the cha chan tings, maxims, cafe de coral (dai kar lok). sometimes once in awhile restaurants. dun forget to try their dim sums. try nt to go for the fast food since u can find them in sg also. the fast food taste the same everywhere.

Last edited by xl8080; 26-07-2007 at 03:08 PM..
Old 26-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #2067

nope.. it's only for the flight inclding tax. everything else is free n easy.. i don't need a hotel anyways as i'll be staying at my gf's place
eth0_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #2068

pretzel18 bro, i remember seeing is only unlimited mtr rides. it didnt mention can use on bus rides. remember, the 1-day unlimited mtr ride starts from ur 1st mtr ride and last 24 hours, if u bought the card but nv take mtr yet. it nt counted. depend on self lah, to me i find citigate not much of things to shop. they have levis, nike, quiksilver, adidas, esprit, city-chain but the stuffs are off season.
ooh ic, cos now that the cable at Lantau island is dwn, need to take the bus up, so I tot we can use for the bus rides there.

any other places to recommend?
Old 26-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #2069

Talking

some research done on Pacifc Place.. but not very sure.. is seibu in of Pacific Place? any recommdation on Central? thanks.
Seibu in Pacific Place
http://www.pacificplace.com.hk/shopp...ory_index.html

Just click the link!!
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #2070

Talking

Roughly what is the price now for a ~3d2n HK free/easy, say with cathay pac? Thanks.
You can find them here
http://www.airtickets.com.sg/package..._hong_kong.htm

qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.