HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #2071

Thumbs up

any1 have any recommendation to HKG hotel? We have 6 of us all gals and would like to stay near Ladies St. or Temple St. but our budget is ard S$130 in Sept.
If you want to get S$130 please kkindly pm me your mobile number.

I will call you

I am in HK now until 6 Aug 2007
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 05:56 PM   #2072

last min post at e airport!!
headin to HK soon!!

oh is there any callin card over there tat i can buy??
those in e form of a sim card tat u insert into ur GSM phone n use type??

i asked local currency exchange they only sell this card wif code tat can b used on pay phone as well as mobile but use on mobile still incur air time rate...

any advise?
Buy prepaid sim card you call back Singapore cheap ar
Old 26-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #2073

Talking

shinjisan. duno whether is it too late for u. get "people" sim card from any hp shop or 7 eleven. costs u abt 60 hkd
Hehe, I remember i bring you go 7/eleven to go and buy ar!!

Haha....

=P
Old 26-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #2074

Talking

Yah wear shorts, bring umbrella, water bottle anything that can relief you from the heat.

imo, there're quite lotsa of things to do in Disneyland (takes up a whole day actually) hence, going in at 3pm may be at a disadvantage to you - not worth the price
In HK, if you are female wear short is okay...

If you are male wear short confirm most of th hk people will not treat you as a locals or uncles lah!!
Old 26-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #2075

Smile

ya. disneyland cost u 70sgd. going in at 3pm is a little wasted.
You go in weekend right?? hehe
Old 26-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #2076

Talking

I am flying via JetStar.. budget airline, so it should be cheaper then UnitedAirlines... hehe... staying over at YMCA Intl house at You Ma Tei. Superior room..

Currently Zuji has promotion for UOB visa cards. extra $60 for every hotel booking on top of it's current hotel promos. So managed to get the hotel room at a lower then cost i find at online agents i know of.

My current plan would be 1 day trip in Macau and 4 days in Hongkong.
I am stay in the HK Service Apartment at SGD 80-110 per night worth it??

Drop me a PM of your mobile number if you want to stay at the Apartment!!

My returns flight tickets are only SGD 3xx by Jetstar!!

Last edited by qqspot; 26-07-2007 at 06:06 PM..
Old 26-07-2007, 06:10 PM   #2077

Talking

pretzel18 bro, i remember seeing is only unlimited mtr rides. it didnt mention can use on bus rides. remember, the 1-day unlimited mtr ride starts from ur 1st mtr ride and last 24 hours, if u bought the card but nv take mtr yet. it nt counted. depend on self lah, to me i find citigate not much of things to shop. they have levis, nike, quiksilver, adidas, esprit, city-chain but the stuffs are off season.

mobby80 bro, bring ur mobile. get their people simcard. it is a prepaid cost u only 60 sgd. can call within HK and even back to singapore. anytime cheaper than the roaming by out local telcos. if u want i can pass u mine. still got value but duno hw much.lol. nv use finish.

for food wise. you can find almost good food everywhere. the usual food hunts in HK are the cha chan tings, maxims, cafe de coral (dai kar lok). sometimes once in awhile restaurants. dun forget to try their dim sums. try nt to go for the fast food since u can find them in sg also. the fast food taste the same everywhere.
xl8080 i am still awaiting your review of the HK Apartment you staed last time.

Can pass me the People SIM Card? Cheap righou can call 193193 on the People Prepaid SIM Card to check your value.
Old 26-07-2007, 06:13 PM   #2078

Smile

nope.. it's only for the flight inclding tax. everything else is free n easy.. i don't need a hotel anyways as i'll be staying at my gf's place
Wah, just want to ask you got a HK GF issit??

=)

How much did you bought your ticket?
Old 26-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #2079

mobby80, well, mine is i book with minimum 3 nites stay........first 3 nites is abt 425 before tax...last nite is 5 ++ so even out is still 4++ lor...too lazy to count exactly how mcuh lar..........well, according to wat i heard there is some nice stuff around the hotel...maybe i go recce first then maybe can bring u when u come over? go yum cha in the morning.....hahaha......
flanker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 07:13 PM   #2080

Talking

mobby80, well, mine is i book with minimum 3 nites stay........first 3 nites is abt 425 before tax...last nite is 5 ++ so even out is still 4++ lor...too lazy to count exactly how mcuh lar..........well, according to wat i heard there is some nice stuff around the hotel...maybe i go recce first then maybe can bring u when u come over? go yum cha in the morning.....hahaha......
Are you in HK now if yes. Please kindly call me at +852 66849763

Maybe we can meet to go out yum cha

Regards,
QQ

Last edited by qqspot; 26-07-2007 at 07:15 PM..
Old 26-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #2081

no lor, disneyland the whole mth of july is 70sgd!! sorry lah. quite busy sinced i landed in singapore. haven got time to write a review abt it. when u come back sg i pass u the sim card?
xl8080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 09:40 PM   #2082
Supremacy Member

try nt to go for the fast food since u can find them in sg also. the fast food taste the same everywhere.
well, imho, one should try KFC in HK!!

Especially their breakfast extra value meals, well not exactly very fantastic but definitely something special compared to that in Singapore May try their egg tarts as well
chuan3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 11:27 PM   #2083

well, imho, one should try KFC in HK!!

Especially their breakfast extra value meals, well not exactly very fantastic but definitely something special compared to that in Singapore May try their egg tarts as well
they serve cob of corn in KFC!! my fave!

not true that fastfood is unworthy of trying....mcdonalds have much more interesting food than sg. for once, hk mcdonalds isn't halal so they can serve "pork sausage". they also come out with seasonal drinks and food items.

then there's krispy kreme if u want to consider that fast food.
icequeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #2084

KFC in HK is having this new black pepper favoured chicken during my trip in HK 2 wks ago. Not sure whether is the promotion still going on or not. Worth trying cos in sg, haven't seen any black pepper chicken b4 in KFC.

As for egg tart, i've tried egg tarts from 2-3 diff stalls, all taste more or less the same, but all are equally yummy. Theres a cake/bread shop selling egg tarts along Fa Yuen street, near to YMCA intl House, the egg tarts there can consider good.

Just for ur info, YMCA intl House is a convinent good place to stay during ur trip in HK. Its roughly abt 5mins to Ladies' Street & Temple Street. Roughly abt 50-60 steps from the hotel gate to the MTR exit, abt 20-30 steps to 7 eleven. Bath room are rather small but still acceptable. Standard room & superior room, both having 21 sq metres but standard rooms' bed is placed in the middle of the room, so it should have lesser space to walk in the room.

Hope i can help those fellow forum mates with these info.
Anyone going to or coming back to sg soon? My gf miss the curry fish ball from 7eleven stall. Anyone kind enough to help me get a few bowls back? Its 8 HKD each, tightly sealed type.

Last edited by monster3; 26-07-2007 at 11:49 PM..
monster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2007, 03:39 AM   #2085

Wah how come everyone staying at YMCA Internatinoal house? I'm thinking if i should just book my own jetstar and hotel through YMCA website. Havent paid up with tour agency for my UA tix and Cosmopolitan hotel stay, but prob paying tomorrow.

Pls advice:

Between Cosmopolitan and YMCA International House, which hotel is better in terms of location, cleanliness, room size etc.

yea Mobby80 and Flanker, we should share tips and iternary planning...maybe can even meet up for yum cha!
Musicguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.