HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2007, 12:28 AM   #2191
Master Member

yea..just back.7-13 aug..maybe i write a short summary.
7th went to the peak..nice place but alot chi-na ppl.weather is windy up there..for those which to take photo but hard to find a good spot..go down to the burger king level..there is small "balcony".Reach the tram station ard 5pm and e Q already quite long.Brought single trip up and took bus 15 down(enjoy the upper deck front view). Took the ferry back to TST.
zeroflame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 12:41 AM   #2192
Master Member

8th went to disney..bought the tickets online..slot in credit card and retrieve ticket..no Q and easy.Super hot...get yr umbrella and alot of water.Alot of Chi-na..so be prepared...its a umbrella warfare..no one give a damn about other except themselve..ard 5pm++ super heavy rain and strong wind..finish the day with the fireworks above "umbrella castle"
**food sucks and not cheap** Q is terrible long so remember to use fast pass.
Must: Space mountain(Indoor roller coaster), Parade , Jungle cruise ,Mickey Philhar magic(3D show, die die must see)
End the day with a hot steamboat dinner-supper. The beef is superb.
Old 14-08-2007, 12:55 AM   #2193
Master Member

9th i changed hotel from stanford to YMCA. IMO YMCA is much better in term of service, location and room space.3pm++ went to yip fatt.. abit disappointing..nothing much...adidas price and design not that appealing...then we went to camelplant building which just opp yip fatt as nike have shifted there...wooo..heaven..the nike outlet is good..all price is 50%..design much more.beside the nike there is this shop selling some nice "branded" clothes like A&F,billabong,Fred Perry.I dun think it is auth stuff but price is cheap compare to our online MO.Material and quality quite gd. Then beside it will be a shop selling perfume and cosmetic which is super cheap.(All shops are at the side of Camelplant building entrance)
Old 14-08-2007, 01:07 AM   #2194
Master Member

10th..went to shen zhen..consider lucky that we missed the No.8 signal as most shops are closed early.
Took the KCR and went to the first class cabin..no need squeeze and got quite alot of empty seats..cost ard 60+HKD per trip.Reach shen zhen at around 10amplus..Luo hu still at their sleepy state..alot tounting to ask u to get this and get that...irritating..whole building mostly fake branded stuff..so immediately took their MRT to Lao Jie(Dong Men)..once out MRT will bring u to a building selling alot electronic(mp4,webcam,bluetooth earpiece)..things are cheap here..bought a samsung bluetooth earpiece at RMB120. walk out the building towards dong men..and its a heaven..alots of small shops like bugis street type..things are super cheap and still can bargain further..shiok..but some shops meant for wholesale..so 1 pcs or 2 pcs they wont sell...went back to HK at ard 8pm..still got alot of shops and st did not explore..missed that place.
Went to temple st for its claypot rice but closed.Then found out the whole nathan rd is deserted and it is only 8pm+!! due to the No.8 signal
Old 14-08-2007, 01:21 AM   #2195
Master Member

11-12th are all shopping.

Lai Chi kok-Industrial Center..wholesale clothes for ladies...can occupied my gf 5hrs at that building while i went to starbucks for coffee and paper then fall asleep then wake up for coffee again.But conclusion is Dong men(SZ) is much better..rate is better,more variety and less attitude seller.

Espirit - 50% of original price...1000hkd and above,further 20% , 500hkd and above,futher 10%.
All the items at diff factory outlet are almost the same. but i feel the one near Peninsular Hotel is bigger than the one at citygate. Bought quite some stuff here..hee

H&M - more like Pull & bear....but they got formal clothing like zara..not really exp..and not really cheap.Must see the item itself.....funny is i was there at sun evening....8.30pm only the shop announce closing liao.

Once i sort my pics..i will upload a few here.
Old 14-08-2007, 11:53 AM   #2196

Talking

summary on my trip over there

8th Aug - Raining
9th Aug - Raining
10th Aug - No. 8 Signal Ball raised
11th Aug - Raining in the day, Town area at night are clear
12th Aug - Raining in the day, Mongkok area at nite clear
13th Aug - Morning SUNNY! Bac to singapore..

curse and swear!!

will up my events encounter later for people lookin for infor over there...

hey! i was there from 8th till 13th also..
haa.. due to the rain i din managed to go anywhere for sightseeing loh..
jus did lots of shopping n eating n sleeping for the 5 days. lols.
and ya... 13th was a sunny day.. haha..

if u're planning for hongkong, prob dun go in august .. heard tat its the monsoon season.
dunno if its true.. or its jus tat the typhoon came jus nice during tat week.. blarrss...
sillyicegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 01:05 PM   #2197
Supremacy Member

if u're planning for hongkong, prob dun go in august .. heard tat its the monsoon season.
dunno if its true.. or its jus tat the typhoon came jus nice during tat week.. blarrss...
Travel is always heng-suay kinda of gamble.
In fact, HK typhoon season is supposed to be from April to end August or thereabout.
Went there last National Day; only experienced occasional passing showers, not as bad as this year's trip.
lowjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #2198

same for me as well .... was there from the 9th to 13th .... was at Disneyland on the 10th!!!
@!#$%^&* .. Disneyland was closed as well .... have to go back within 6 months again!
reminiscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #2199
Master Member

lucky its jus a day for the no.8 signal..imagine yr whole trip u gotta spend in the hotel room and nothing much on the channel..even char chan ting all closed...gotta starve to death liao.
Old 14-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #2200
Master Member

some pics

Harbour view:

Last edited by zeroflame; 15-08-2007 at 12:40 AM..
Old 14-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #2201
Master Member

bus 15 down the peak

My fav dim sum

Last edited by zeroflame; 15-08-2007 at 12:41 AM..
Old 14-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #2202
Master Member

Steamboat which i dun think ever close.

McDUll at APM

Last edited by zeroflame; 15-08-2007 at 12:42 AM..
Old 14-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #2203
Master Member

First class compartment to Luo Hu

Shopping heaven at lao jie

Old 14-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #2204
Master Member

No.8 Signal

Total harvest

Old 14-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #2205

wow zeroflame, 10th i oso went to shenzhen n oso same wif u miss the no.8 signal..wahah

to mi, once i touch down to shenzhen n went to the right hand side the tall shopping mall, my impression towards chi-nas went down to bottom zero..totally no mood to explore even further..juz wanted to find a place to eat den F off frm the place...HK is a muc safer place compare to there...mayb din get enuff infor frm this webbie n miss the MTR to dongmen which i believe wil b a muc nicer place to shop..

n ya..i oso stay in YMCA on the 10th..before that is a 5 star hotel in harbor plaza resort city in Tin Shui Wai..service in YMCA is real good...a bellboy named david serve us tru-out the trip..he is courteous n willing to help us intro food n places to go..5 thumb up for this little fair plump cute boy! whereas at harbour resort, service bad...attitude oso so-so..sigh
GoaTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.