HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #2236

hi,
anyone knows how's weather likely to be in mid sept ?
mydelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #2237
Supremacy Member

weather is very warm in hk now (around 32 degrees), even at night...walking barely 100m, start to sweat...really not a good choice to travel....lolx....but mangoes are IN now...cos it's summer time...cooling mango shakes....
Singaporeans are funny people.
Rain ... complain.
Hot ... also complain.
lowjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #2238

Hope you guys & Girls enjoy some fireworks
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #2239
Master Member

How come Hotel rate in December is OFF peak rate. Any reason for this? so much different from Singapore where Dec is our peak period. Any expert? Thanks
Old 22-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #2240
Arch-Supremacy Member

me too...lonely...i am so lonely....
me too
i'm in hk now too
icyboi4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #2241
Arch-Supremacy Member

How come Hotel rate in December is OFF peak rate. Any reason for this? so much different from Singapore where Dec is our peak period. Any expert? Thanks
not school holiday till Christmas NY period
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #2242
Master Member

Singaporeans are funny people.
Rain ... complain.
Hot ... also complain.

boh liang pei...that's y complain mah...haha...actually, i prefer cooling weather in hk....
jastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #2243
Master Member

not school holiday till Christmas NY period
Thanks for replying. But I thought local wun stay in local hotel. Or you are refering to China school holiday?
Old 22-08-2007, 11:19 PM   #2244
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes. Nowadays HK tourism industry mainly dependent on mainland tourists.
Old 22-08-2007, 11:53 PM   #2245

me too
i'm in hk now too
hi,
may i know how's the weather at HK now ?
where you staying ? cos I'm trying to get help to know how far is Kimberly Hotel from the nearest MTR exit and if the exit has elevators.
cos I'm bringing my parents to HK next month and I worry they need to walk too far.
mydelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 12:37 AM   #2246

Can someone advise me: I'll be in hk for 5 days, is it worth to spend 1 day at Shenzhen or Macau?
Read the forum and alot of ppl go to shenzhen for shopping and seafood, can recommend some places to shop for clothes/fake bags for gf and eat seafood? Theme parks in Shenzhen worth going?

Also if going to shenzhen, is it better to go on Sat, Sun or Mon if given a choice? Need to know if the shops are closed on sun/mon or super peak crowds on sat etc...

Pls advice.

Thanks in advance! Really hope no more stupid typhoon...

No one can advice me on shenzhen? Just need to know if its worth going and whether I should go on sat, sun or monday... thinking of going on sunday but ppl in other forums say sun is peak.
Musicguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 01:38 AM   #2247
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi,
where you staying ? cos I'm trying to get help to know how far is Kimberly Hotel from the nearest MTR exit and if the exit has elevators.
cos I'm bringing my parents to HK next month and I worry they need to walk too far.
oh the weather is not too bad
rain comes and goes off here and then
not that bad for me
anyway i'm not here to tour
icyboi4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #2248
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi,
If worried stay at Pruton Prudential. From hotel go directly to Jordan MTR station. Take escalators all the way down to basement level. on top of shopping mall. Advantage is can go all over via mtr without going out into the open. lots of food around there. Diagonally opposite is the Peking Restaurant. Have nice peking duck! Go for dinner before 7pm or have to make reservations. Temple street market around the corner only. Dont know about price difference though.
Old 23-08-2007, 08:25 AM   #2249
Master Member

No one can advice me on shenzhen? Just need to know if its worth going and whether I should go on sat, sun or monday... thinking of going on sunday but ppl in other forums say sun is peak.
Shenzhen is good for cheap shopping...

Luo hu(right side of custom) more of fake branded goods but i dun like the touting. irritating.

Lao jie(Dong men) is shopping heaven but u will need some time to dig around.Alot of stores!!

There is a queenspa there which is very cheap..if not wrong is the 2nd MRT stop.

Last stop will be Window of the world.Scale down size of famous building/structure in the world.
zeroflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #2250
Master Member

If worried stay at Pruton Prudential. From hotel go directly to Jordan MTR station. Take escalators all the way down to basement level. on top of shopping mall. Advantage is can go all over via mtr without going out into the open. lots of food around there. Diagonally opposite is the Peking Restaurant. Have nice peking duck! Go for dinner before 7pm or have to make reservations. Temple street market around the corner only. Dont know about price difference though.
I have booked a room with Prudential in this coming Dec. Standard is $155 and superior is $175. Got $60 off from Zuji using UOB credit. Price up a bit compare to Kimberly, but is a 4* hotel and very near to MTR.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.