HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 07:05 PM   #2281
Supremacy Member

Hi QQ, visiting HK this Sept, staying at Prudential Hotel in the TST area. Any recommendations for food and shopping nearby?

Thanks.
Just next to the hotel, you'll notice a small eating place which looks popular for breakfast for the working Hongkongers. Though simple food like zhu chang fen, etc, pretty interesting. Just across the side street, another simple place where we'd beef he fen - absolutely heavenly.

I like this hotel cos Jordan MTR station's right there.

QQ, thanks for the weather chart. I'm planning a trip just before Christmas. Apart from the colder weather, I hope it'll still be possible for us to explore around. Going to have a 4-year old boy with us.

Been to HK 3 times, but never during the yearend.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:12 PM   #2282
Supremacy Member

Can someone advise me: I'll be in hk for 5 days, is it worth to spend 1 day at Shenzhen or Macau?
I'd personally prefer to spend that one day in Macau. Nice place, generally friendly people. Different culture.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #2283
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just next to the hotel, you'll notice a small eating place which looks popular for breakfast for the working Hongkongers. Though simple food like zhu chang fen, etc, pretty interesting. Just across the side street, another simple place where we'd beef he fen - absolutely heavenly.

QQ, thanks for the weather chart. I'm planning a trip just before Christmas. Apart from the colder weather, I hope it'll still be possible for us to explore around. Going to have a 4-year old boy with us.

Diagonally across from Prudential on 2nd floor is Peking Restaurant. Nice peking duck. If eat after 7pm must make reservations.

Take a short walk to Jordan for food. Breakfast can take at the 2 small cafe behind. Standard breakfast menu.

Yes can still explore. Bring warm clothing in case the boy can't take the cold. In any case if not enough can always buy from Giodarno etc There's an outlet near Prudential.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #2284
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi i got afew questions..

anyone have had dinner before at the jumbo floating restuarant?

is it true that there r often long ques?

anyone know how much for a dinner there?

do i have to call n make a reservation?

TIA~
jumbo is a tourist trap. if you have time take a ferry to Lantau, Cheung Chau, Lamma island for a day trip and have dinner at one of the seafood places.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:41 PM   #2285
Supremacy Member

Diagonally across from Prudential on 2nd floor is Peking Restaurant. Nice peking duck. If eat after 7pm must make reservations.

Take a short walk to Jordan for food. Breakfast can take at the 2 small cafe behind. Standard breakfast menu.

Yes can still explore. Bring warm clothing in case the boy can't take the cold. In any case if not enough can always buy from Giodarno etc There's an outlet near Prudential.
Thank you!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #2286
Supremacy Member

One man's meat is another's poison. To me it wasn't nice at all.
lowjk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:32 AM   #2287

Lamma island is the Hong Kong cheapest seafood around...
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:21 AM   #2288
Master Member

Some HK seafood not safe right? news always reported inspector examined found something something...I rather eat tim sim in HK..
Old 04-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #2289

Hi Habrosus, this hotel got escalator to mrt not? bringng parents. Prudential better or shamrock in terms of escalator access.
enoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:35 AM   #2290
Supremacy Member

Hi Habrosus, this hotel got escalator to mrt not? bringng parents. Prudential better or shamrock in terms of escalator access.
I'm not sure about Shamrock as I've not stayed there before.

Prudential is linked to a shopping centre that has a set of escalators leading all the way to/from the Jordan MTR station below. It's only if you return to the hotel very late at night, when the shops are closed and escalators stop for the night, that you may have a problem. There's however, a short flight of steps leading from the basement of the shopping centre to the main street (level) from where you can walk to the hotel's concierge entrance to use their escalator.

Or right from the MTR station, just use another escalator and go right to the street level, if you do get back too late at night.

The shopping centre's link leads directly to the hotel's reception counters.

* It's just across the street from the concierge counter's entrance, that the little breakfast place that I mentioned earlier, sits.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #2291

Anyone have any idea between YMCA International and Metropark Mongkok, which one is better in terms of cleaniness and bed comfort? Location wise i think both about the same proximity to the MTR. Any other comments about these 2 hotels are well appreciated. Thanks.
tanalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #2292

Metropark Mongkok
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #2293
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ooh. Thanks. I'll go explore tmr afternoon.
suakukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #2294
Arch-Supremacy Member

peking duck....! must go try then.
suakukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #2295
Supremacy Member

peking duck....! must go try then.
Pls don't. It really isn't worth the time, effort and money.
Here's a comparison
Tung Lok - Peking Duck 8.5/10 (thin crispy skin, fragnant, melts in your mouth feeling)
Peking Restuarant - Peking Duck 3/10 (Very fatty skin, not crispy, strong duck smell, felt sick after 2-3 servings)
lowjk is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.