HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #2356

Is it like singapore MRT transfer to LRT without the need to exit?
That means i need to TOP up some $ in the octopus card in order to take KCR, thanks.
KCR and MTR has different entries AFAIK
So u need to exit one to enter the other

Previously I purchase a 3-day tourist pass so I plan all trips for the 3 consecutive days with MTR then top up the card to use it on buses and KCR to ShenZhen and etc
NeMeSiS_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #2357
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bought single use passes and walked... end up didn;t use my free tourist pass.
suakukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #2358

I bought single use passes and walked... end up didn;t use my free tourist pass.
Airport to Hotel?
NeMeSiS_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 09:26 AM   #2359

Apartment xl8080 REVIEW vbmenu_register("postmenu_24900067", true); HERE
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showp...postcount=2134

Drop me a PM with your mobile number, if you are interested about the apartment??
Hi qqspot,

Did you stay the one at Lockhart Road or Paterson Street at studiostudio. Do they provide fresh bedsheet, pillow and blanket? Any towels provided? Trying to decide which one to take. Can you recommend?

Thanks
weehong21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007, 12:13 AM   #2360

ggspot, does HK sell Meizu Mp3 players? is it cheap over there? what abt Shenzhen?
If you want to buy you can drop me an of your moble number.

as i am coming back next week.
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007, 12:17 AM   #2361

Thumbs up

HUH?
Octoupus card does not include KCR then i need to purchase another card? How much?
U are a HongKonger?
Staying for long QQ?
Normal Octpus Card will able to ride everything from Bus, Mtr. Kcr & Buy food and drinks from 7/eleven & K Mart.

To makan at Cafe De Coral and Maxim Cafe and etc..

But if you are taking a 3 day MTR Tourist Card you only allow t use in MTR and airport express. The rest you have to topup. If you do not get what i mean please kindly go to http://WWW.MTR.COM.HK

I am a Singaporean whom born and breed in Singapore.

Regards,
QQ
Old 22-09-2007, 12:19 AM   #2362

to enter shenzhen from HK we just nid to bring our passports right? no nid to fill in any forms or visas rite?
You need to fill up an entry card when you are in China Customs and also an exit card when you are out of China.
Old 22-09-2007, 12:29 AM   #2363

Hi qqspot,

Did you stay the one at Lockhart Road or Paterson Street at studiostudio. Do they provide fresh bedsheet, pillow and blanket? Any towels provided? Trying to decide which one to take. Can you recommend?

Thanks
They have a few places in HOng Kong Island now.
they do provide fresh bedsheet, pillow and blanket, mircowave and tolitet paper and hot shower and BEST PART FREE WI FI the whole building!!

They are Local REAL HK Apartment with HK Style. If you want to tase how HK Lifestyle like you must stay there. If not I will stil recommened you to stay at Tourist area to be kana CHOP by the tourist Hotel or Shops.

End of the day you will make the call

As for the studiostudio. I had always been staying there since 2006 July. Everytime i am back r station in HK i will be there and pending my lovely sweet dream on a quiet Lockhart Road in Wan Chai.

To be truth, I love wan Chai Wan due to the place, Ding Ding Tram only HKD2.00(Around SGD0.45)

As you know HK Transport FEE wil be a Killer. If you had Been to HK and travel thier Mini Bus, Big Bus, MTR & KCR WORST TAXI you will know what i mean.

Regards,
QQ
Old 22-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #2364

Normal Octpus Card will able to ride everything from Bus, Mtr. Kcr & Buy food and drinks from 7/eleven & K Mart.

To makan at Cafe De Coral and Maxim Cafe and etc..

But if you are taking a 3 day MTR Tourist Card you only allow t use in MTR and airport express. The rest you have to topup. If you do not get what i mean please kindly go to http://WWW.MTR.COM.HK

I am a Singaporean whom born and breed in Singapore.

Regards,
QQ
Thanks alot !!!
Going to HK tomolo and staying in Majestry
Old 22-09-2007, 09:16 PM   #2365
High Supremacy Member

enjoy ur hk trip, asia world city
"Imagine you have had your car stolen and then it is found in the garden of a man who lives near you. You inform the police and they verify the theft. But because the thief shows that he hasn't used the car, he's cleared of any crime. That is exactly what happened to Ferrari"
xerxesrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 01:49 AM   #2366

Tour package for F&Easy and tour group package is also a rip off from the consumer. Best is to DIY and buy air tickets + hotel

Or you can pm me a PM and i can able to book the hotel for you as i am in Hong Kong now.
Hmm, u mean if book the hotels in hk will be cheaper? cuz one of my colleague's friend is staying in hk and maybe i can get her to book too if its very much cheaper... Thanks.
charvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 12:14 AM   #2367

Hmm, u mean if book the hotels in hk will be cheaper? cuz one of my colleague's friend is staying in hk and maybe i can get her to book too if its very much cheaper... Thanks.
No all Hotels in HK will be expansive is all depends on your budget.

There also Hotel Tax you must take note of.

I just help out since i am in HK now.
Old 24-09-2007, 01:26 AM   #2368

Useful infomation about Octpus Card

http://www.octopuscards.com/consumer...s/en/index.jsp
Old 26-09-2007, 12:25 PM   #2369

are the watches in HK cheaper than SG ? or only certain brands ?
doran_lum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 01:02 AM   #2370

knn, forgot to take back my refund for my Airport Express Octopus card....they should have put a sign when we alight from the train...*&@#(&#$
RobinYip is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.