HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2007, 02:29 AM   #2551

Talking

Hong Kong the Pearl of Asia...
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #2552

Lolx... Thanks.. Paiseh... Mandarin quite poor u see?? haha.. so i assume that the englisg road signs are translated from cantones right??

shopping in hk.. better than bkk??

after reading the whole thread, feels that the things are actually not the cheap right?? On a budget trip leh... i heard woman street, things are not as food as before... Thought of buying nice clothes, bags and stuff and i love overseas night market. Anywhere to recommend other than women street??

LV and Gucci, cheaper than sg?? thinking of asking bf to buy me 1 for my bday.. whahahaha!!!

what's the rate like taking a cab in hk?? all in meters 1 right?? as in not like bkk, they quote u pricing...

This is because to to all Hong Kong road signs MUST BE LABEL WITH ENGLISH & MANDRAIN!!

Same apply for Macau but is in English & Portuguese language

Regards,
QQ
nimeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 01:30 PM   #2553

last time was on a tour by agent thus got trnsfer. any one know if taking a cab from air port to hotel at mong kok, how much it cost? same as taking cab from hotel at mong kok back to air port. this time going to take jet star thus no transfer.
Old 17-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #2554

Any suggestion or advice for 1st timer?

Guys,i be goin on a HK with my GF...staying in Dorsett Seaview .Will leave for HK on the 11/11 and will be there for 5D4N... Any advice on where to go and the"do's & don'ts" ??? Appreciate the advice....So far from wat i gathered,i most prob skip the half-day tour( no pt kenna chop like carrot wat...) It's a 5D4N free and easy tour with a half day tour incl but i rather skip it since there's so many bad reviews on the half day tour.

Last edited by Ethan27; 17-10-2007 at 06:56 PM..
Ethan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #2555
Supremacy Member

does anyone know whether if we'll be taxed if we buy electronic goods from HK back to spore? e.g ps3 or tv. thinking of doing that when i go over~

20LEGEND.
hiei02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #2556
Arch-Supremacy Member

does anyone know whether if we'll be taxed if we buy electronic goods from HK back to spore? e.g ps3 or tv. thinking of doing that when i go over~
by right have to pay gst.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #2557
Supremacy Member

so what's the by left method?

20LEGEND.
hiei02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 11:15 PM   #2558

Guys,i be goin on a HK with my GF...staying in Dorsett Seaview .Will leave for HK on the 11/11 and will be there for 5D4N... Any advice on where to go and the"do's & don'ts" ??? Appreciate the advice....So far from wat i gathered,i most prob skip the half-day tour( no pt kenna chop like carrot wat...) It's a 5D4N free and easy tour with a half day tour incl but i rather skip it since there's so many bad reviews on the half day tour.
Never join the City Tour ...... they will also persuade u to order their famous "Yuen Lang" lao po bing, NEVER order from them, it taste awful. They will also persuade u to take their tour package which looks attractive, don't be cheated, there will be hidden cost and not worth it.
Old 18-10-2007, 10:04 AM   #2559

guys,

i won myself a 3D2N to HK.
I'm planning to go on the 1st week of DEC, most likely from 3rd to 5th.

Any one can advise me, if it is winter by that time?
what will be a more appropriate attire to bring there for that season?

lastly, i have to choose btw this 2 hotels.
Mexam Harbor and Rambler Garden.
Which is better ah?
justyn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #2560

im goin tis dec... issit better to book the rooms online or is walk in juz ok????
im in no possession of a credit card.....
arkib174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #2561

Abit risky to try your luck with walk in no?!

Dec time is holidays for schoolers, chances are higher volume of tourists?

The more affordable hotels fully occupied how!?

Somemore, rates could be higher for walk in..
Old 18-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #2562

by right have to pay gst.
only same items over $400 in total value will be charged gst...
if already open for own use then no one will bother...
If got gst for anything then the lugguage alone is already making everyone broke..... -_-"

Last edited by keiichiro; 18-10-2007 at 10:36 PM..
keiichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2007, 12:34 AM   #2563
Master Member

Abit risky to try your luck with walk in no?!

Dec time is holidays for schoolers, chances are higher volume of tourists?

The more affordable hotels fully occupied how!?

Somemore, rates could be higher for walk in..
mid Dec ish actually their off peak peroid. reason ish china kids still schooling.
Old 19-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #2564

Wink

Hotel rates will be still high as you can see Hong Kong xmas period is near and there tons of events happening in Hong kong now...

Please kindly check the URL below before you ask any question.
http://www.hktb.com

Hong Kong - Accommodation

This are the Happening event in Hong Kong now!!
http://www.hktb.com/seasia/index.jsp

Please kindly read this!! WARNING!!
http://www.hktb.com/seasia/xml/images/important.pdf

This event is HAPPENING NOW!!

This is one of the event i when somewhere during this time last year

German Bierfest 2006 in Hong Kong

20 Oct 2007 - 20 Nov 2007

It's German Bierfest time and the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel is making sure you get plenty to eat and drink. The hotel will feature German music and food.

For more info: http://www.gbfhk.com/

Hong Kong WinterFest
http://www.discoverhongkong.com/hkwf/eng/index.html

Best regards,
QQ

Last edited by qqspot; 19-10-2007 at 02:55 PM..
Old 19-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #2565

Smile

For you GST Question please read here
http://www.customs.gov.sg/trade/trde4_4.html

Clearing parcels containing dutiable goods
Parcels containing dutiable goods will be detained by ICA at SPC. The addressee will be informed of the status of the parcel by a Letter of Notification from Singapore Post (SP). The parcels will be released after examination by ICA at SPC in the presence of the addressee or his representative, and on payment of duty and GST.

Clearing parcels containing non-dutiable and non-controlled goods of $400 or less in value
Parcels containing non-dutiable and non-controlled goods of a total value not exceeding $400 are granted GST relief. Such parcels are released directly to SP for delivery to the addressees.

Clearing parcels containing non-dutiable and non-controlled goods of above $400 in value
Parcels containing non-dutiable and non-controlled goods above $400 in value are subject to payment of GST. ICA requires the invoices or confirmation slips (with values of goods stated), printed from the website of the Internet Portal upon confirmation of transactions, to compute the GST payable on the parcels.

If the parcel is imported with an invoice attached, SP will deliver the parcel to the addressee and collect the GST upon delivery.

If the parcel is imported without any invoice attached to it at the time of arrival, the addressee upon notification by SP could fax the supplier’s invoice or confirmation slip (with values of goods stated) to ICA at SPC for computation of GST. The addressee may call at SPC to collect the parcels or appoint SP to act on his/her behalf for delivery of the parcel and collection of GST. A service fee is payable to SP for the service rendered.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.