HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2007, 11:17 PM   #2776

i'm goin off to hk tomoro morning.....

will be staying in novotel citigate for 1 night and langham place for 3 nights...

will post my experience when i'm back....
ianlim81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 11:34 PM   #2777
Banned

langham palace how is the rate u got?
mrbean008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #2778

book directly from langham place hotel website...3 nights include tax about 1099.++

oh it's executive room
Old 22-11-2007, 11:49 PM   #2779
Master Member

wah novotel and langham.. novotel is nice.. i wanted to stay there cos close to disney airport and citigate.. but over my current budget.. let us know how it is..
eudora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 12:53 AM   #2780

definitely will post my experience...but i was a bit disappointed book novotel tru hotelclub.com...i made a mistake by not checking novotel rates beforehand....therefore hotelclub.com charge me higher and it's superior room compare to novotel charge lesser and it's deluxe room...

a lesson always check both directly tru hotel and agent see which one offer the best deal
Old 23-11-2007, 02:32 AM   #2781

Flying off to Hong Kong at 0640H today. Staying at Prudential for the next 5 days. =)

Any fellow hardwarezoners taking Jetstar?

yamashita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 08:49 AM   #2782

Wah..today fly off? So envy u..i still have to wait till dec end....zzzzzzzz....

Have fun Yama****a!

=)

I Hate Rules.
That's Why I Only Made Ten Of Them.

Quote by GOD.
ed_styler83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #2783

me flying off to HK on Sun with UA, a 10 day trip. Going visit ShenZen, Macau, ZhuHai than HK.
will post experience when I come back, provide I still have energy
oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #2784
High Supremacy Member

btw weather in HK still somewhat hot as of yesterday i wonder why? when i cross back to shenzhen, its so much cooler.
Btw it seems many places in HK having promotions and christmas activity. Queing up outside the LV boutique for 20mins is no joke.

must be thick skin and abit more aggressive like the locals, ask for best price/free gifts as possible. withnessed this while buying merchandise.

lastly, many air stewardess which i have spoken to told me the same thing, factory outlets are a waste of time and abit over rated. the real hardcore locals dont buy from these outlets. my local hk friends also tell me they dont go to the outlets. So if
you want a new experience of shopping which sg doesnt have, then these outlets are for u. Otherwise the malls there are anytime a better choice for you.

btw qqspot are u by any chance working with a travel agency or with HK tourism
eurofunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #2785
Master Member

btw weather in HK still somewhat hot as of yesterday i wonder why? when i cross back to shenzhen, its so much cooler.
Btw it seems many places in HK having promotions and christmas activity. Queing up outside the LV boutique for 20mins is no joke.

must be thick skin and abit more aggressive like the locals, ask for best price/free gifts as possible. withnessed this while buying merchandise.

lastly, many air stewardess which i have spoken to told me the same thing, factory outlets are a waste of time and abit over rated. the real hardcore locals dont buy from these outlets. my local hk friends also tell me they dont go to the outlets. So if
you want a new experience of shopping which sg doesnt have, then these outlets are for u. Otherwise the malls there are anytime a better choice for you.

i lived there for 3 years but never been to the factory outlets
Then again, i dont wear branded stuff
deckcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #2786

u mean we can ask them for free gift or discount in branded store? that is very new to me. In singapore, sale people will laugh at the person for that
porkyporky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #2787
Supremacy Member

Queing up outside the LV boutique for 20mins is no joke.
The queue is about 50 to 60 min for the LV boutique in Paris.
lowjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #2788
High Supremacy Member

u mean we can ask them for free gift or discount in branded store? that is very new to me. In singapore, sale people will laugh at the person for that
yea just ask if theres any free sample or goodie bag etc..most of the time have one.

in HK u cannot feel intimidated or paisey one, sure lose out. And why bother to be paisey, nobody knows u in HK and u wont be the only one that want to get most out of your buck.

in shenzhen, u see how the hong kong ppl behave and treat sales ppl, waiters... so u cannot be too "nice" or scared "shy"
eurofunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #2789
Banned

if i were to go HK to buy LV bag can ask for free goodie bag ar?

yea lor... shame for wad nobody knows u there.. and if i going luxary goods like bags etc and sports wear worth going to factory outlets?

goin hk for low or mid range tings like , mango zara levis guess etc one...
Old 23-11-2007, 11:11 PM   #2790
Banned

I will be staying there for 2 nites.. its really cheap on weekday! I got a room at 110+/night
your hotel isit in tusen wan area?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.