HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #3271

I went in May and Dec last year...a big shift on the season of clothings. =)
hey! me went hk in May n Nov last yr also hehe.... all my frens scold me siao for going the same place so many times
nickky23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 10:48 AM   #3272

Welcome to Singapore Czerny81

Yeap yeap..shopping is surely cheaper in HK...tts why am gg again this year...ahahaha...
Oh yeah~thx buddy~
for mates who wanna buy the summer clothers~i suggest to come on Sep.~since at that time, the summer clothes will be on sale and still be found as the winter clothes will be coming~
if u wanna buy the new fashion on summer clothes for next season, u can come on Mar. but for sure there is no on sale and should be a normal price for all that~
BTW, if mates go to HK in coming, we may meet there
czerny81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #3273

going on 24th jan!

so nothing to shop on? for sporeans?

tot of buying cny clothes there...
twinkle04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #3274

going on 24th jan!

so nothing to shop on? for sporeans?

tot of buying cny clothes there...

umm......if u r a girl, it may still can find a bit in the "Centaline Mall", i'm not sure the name of the mall in english but u can take the exit D2 of the MK MTR station to there. Boots is also one of the stuff can buy as well.
if u r a boy, i'm sorry, u can only find some sport tees in the Nike/Adidas/NB chain shops
or the sport shops in Sai Yeung Choi Street of Mongkok (exit E2 of the MK MTR station). For sporeans, i suggest to buy :
-Electronics stuff (DC/ipod nano/iphone/PDA phone/PSP/NDSL) in Broadway/Fortress/Chung Yuen shops which are more realiable~
-Suit/leather shoes from G2000/Staccato/Hush puppies where u can find these shops in Mongkok or Shantin New Town Plaza.
-Levis Jeans is worth to buy and cheaper in HK, specially close to CNY, they must be on sale.
For famous polo tees, few items for summer may also be found in Polo or A/X in TST Harbour City if u wanna buy a fake one, u can find in the Ladies market in MK (~SD$7.
Old 18-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #3275

Oh ya~for girls, there is also a place in Prince Edward can go~
all the shops along the Fa Yuen Street (exit B1 of Prince Edward MTR station) sell shorts for girls~
u can see girls love to wear shorts and match w/ boots so even in winter, u can still buy shorts and wear in singapore.
For my last post, the Mall for selling girls clothes in MongKok should be "Argyle Centre" and "Centraline Mall" which are interlink w/ each other.
Old 18-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #3276
Master Member

i went Argyle, lady street, time sq, causeway bay, harbour city etc.....all selling winter clothing in this winter peroid...
so difficult to get cny clothing...in the end only brought one pair of shoes.
Old 20-01-2008, 04:42 AM   #3277

hey czerny81,

i heard from my fren that there's a Street that is named "Nan Ren St" in Mong kok. Its not Fa yuen ST and certainly not ladies St...

You know where izit?

I Hate Rules.
That's Why I Only Made Ten Of Them.

Quote by GOD.
ed_styler83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #3278

hi everyone!! i'm baaack....!! haha...

weather was excellent, better than in dec.. very comfortable with some cooling breeze blowing..

so, anyone got any qns? ask away.. i think i pro le..

just a bit of advice.. if u planning to get laptop, go hk and get.. the prices there are very very very very good.. seriously. i regret not bringing enough cash... the asus g1 difference is 500sgd man!!!!
miracleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #3279
Supremacy Member

Okay, do you know where to get Mizuno Competition Swimwear in HK?

Thanks.
lowjk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #3280
Master Member

weather was excellent, better than in dec.. very comfortable with some cooling breeze blowing..

just a bit of advice.. if u planning to get laptop, go hk and get.. the prices there are very very very very good.. seriously. i regret not bringing enough cash... the asus g1 difference is 500sgd man!!!!
is it cold? as in need to wear jacket/sweater?
silvestz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #3281
Master Member

Which part of HK did u find good prices for notebooks?

thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #3282

okok i answer 1 by one.. hold on..

Okay, do you know where to get Mizuno Competition Swimwear in HK?
Thanks.
swimwear can try the mongkok side of fah yuen st, or citigate if ur there. but i don't think its any cheaper than sg.. might not b worth the trouble.. not that experienced in swimwear cuz it'll b the last thing i'll buy!

is it cold? as in need to wear jacket/sweater?
depends on whether u can tahan or not.. when i was there i didn't need to wear jacket.. but my dad and gf all very very cold.. and the locals there wear until macham in north pole.. but i guess cuz i like cold very very much so don't need.

my advice is.. just bring a sweater, dun need thermal or anything, just a normal sweater.. if too cold, go there and buy.. its cheaper there than in sg.

Which part of HK did u find good prices for notebooks?
i went to all the major computer places when i was there: wanchai computer ctr, mongkok computer ctr, golden (shamsuipo) computer ctr. summary is... for laptops the best prices are at mongkok computer ctr. if u wan details let me know.

advice: pls check like the specific model and specification of your intended laptop b4 going there.. as 1 model of laptop got many many different spec configuration. typically, sg's spec configuration is higher than hk one. but hk price is low low low!! cuz i think they got no GST and tax and all that bull****.
miracleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #3283

depends on whether u can tahan or not.. when i was there i didn't need to wear jacket.. but my dad and gf all very very cold.. and the locals there wear until macham in north pole.. but i guess cuz i like cold very very much so don't need.
No it is not that hongkies can not tahan cold but rather this is the best time to showcase their winter clothings. In general, the hongkies (male or female) have much better dressing sense than us.

Also, locals are not like tourists, where we have the comfort of going back to the hotels anytime we want. They could be on the way to a 10hrs work which likely to be night fall by then. The temp is easily below 14-16C. You can't just wear a polo or a dress in that temp.

My advise to Singaporeans going to a winter country is to dress like a local. Wear at least a thin pullover even if it is not cold, so that you won't stick up like a sore thumb.
dennisleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #3284

hey bro u r back...

wah pro sia...ahahaha...am glad u enjoy ur trip...

Well...wat dennis said is true...and its like a chance in a whole year for you ppl to wear winter clothings...so why not!

hee

I Hate Rules.
That's Why I Only Made Ten Of Them.

Quote by GOD.
ed_styler83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #3285

issit true tat during cny period not to go to HK?? as most shops will be closed??? wished to go ard da 5 or 6 of cny
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.