HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2008, 03:59 AM   #3316

I'm glad u enjoyed ur trip and this thread certainly helps anyone who is gg to head over there...
Yap Hongkong got a very gd transport system along with their eateries.
Almost every single corner have food. =)

I Hate Rules.
That's Why I Only Made Ten Of Them.

Quote by GOD.
ed_styler83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 11:54 AM   #3317

u know i am very impressed by their train system.. ppl in hong kong really don't need to drive? unless they stay in NT or something.. the waiting time for the trains, REGARDLESS of the time of the day is always like 1-2 min.. u never see something like 5-10 min kinda thing.. I'm the impatient type of person who can't even wait 1 min.. and this city is lovely for me.
miracleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #3318

Hm...the only negative thing about their train is abit old...ahahaha...
Other than tt...everything is gd...

I Hate Rules.

Quote by GOD.
Old 28-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #3319
TsQ
Master Member

i am pretty sure theirs are newer then spore one (the yellow interior) .. while its the similar model with the one in spore with the white interior...

but their LED Mapping info on every exit is really fantastic.. even their simple but informative LED beats our mopbileTV
TsQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #3320

Our TvMobile put for show only...Its an excuse for price hike...ahahaha...

I Hate Rules.

Quote by GOD.
Old 28-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #3321

the airport express trains lagi better.. can tell u which part of the journey you're on now.. simple, but very good..
miracleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #3322
Master Member

Yep, their trains may be older than our but most certainly a whole lot cooler and not as stuffy even when fully packed. In addition, they have clear light indicators to show which direction u are travelling, which is the next stop and which side of the door will be opening. Very efficient and user friendly!

thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #3323

but their LED Mapping info on every exit is really fantastic.. even their simple but informative LED beats our mopbileTV
I can't agree more on this.
The LED is really 1960's but I always find the information helpful. They displays headliners, weather forecast, Top 10 billboard ranking, stock indexes and etc. We are still a long way behind them as far as transportation is concerned.

Oh btw they seem also inherited the train culture from the Japanese. As in no loud noise inside train. I have never seen anyone blast their mp3 or hp ringtone aloud. Even countless passengers were playing their PSPs or NDs, they always wired with earpieces. Apparently, most of our Singapore PSP/NDS owners, can afford the console but not the earpiece.

Last edited by dennisleu; 28-01-2008 at 09:36 PM..
dennisleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #3324

I am going back too

Hi, I am planning to visit Hong Kong from 13 Feb 2008 onwards. JetStar is currently having a 'BUY 1, GET 1 FREE' Promo.

I am looking for someone who wanted to travel to Hong Kong During this period too. PM me if anyone is interested.
kenho_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #3325

Yep, their trains may be older than our but most certainly a whole lot cooler and not as stuffy even when fully packed. In addition, they have clear light indicators to show which direction u are travelling, which is the next stop and which side of the door will be opening. Very efficient and user friendly!
I'm not sure whether our train is older than that in sg maybe is abit older than the one of SMRT w/ white interior colour ~ or just the lighting effective of the colour of the liminaries~anyway i do agree the LED billboard in the train is abit old fashion in style but the information shown are informative and the light directional signs above the 2 sides of the doors and the name of each station is clearly shown on the coloumns of the platform which are really helpful for the visitors comparing w/ in sg~BTW, good to hearing all mates enjoyed the trip in HK and i've come back to HK 2 rgt now is 11 degree which is much colder than in sg ~ and mates be recommended to bring along ur jackets~cheers
czerny81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #3326
Master Member

czerny81, guess u r the ideal person to ask about HK, any idea where is this dim sum restaurant called New City (Sun Seng) in HK? Also, hows the weather in HK typically around end Feb? Thks!

I'm not sure whether our train is older than that in sg maybe is abit older than the one of SMRT w/ white interior colour ~ or just the lighting effective of the colour of the liminaries~anyway i do agree the LED billboard in the train is abit old fashion in style but the information shown are informative and the light directional signs above the 2 sides of the doors and the name of each station is clearly shown on the coloumns of the platform which are really helpful for the visitors comparing w/ in sg~BTW, good to hearing all mates enjoyed the trip in HK and i've come back to HK 2 rgt now is 11 degree which is much colder than in sg ~ and mates be recommended to bring along ur jackets~cheers

Last edited by thewiseone; 29-01-2008 at 10:21 AM..
thewiseone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #3327

hi, anyone noes where can i put my luggage if i'm going to disneyland straight after arrival at HK?
Old 31-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #3328
Master Member

will be going to HK tmr, anyone know how is the weather there now? Thanks
silvestz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #3329

brrr.... cold and wet...

http://www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/currwx/fnd.htm

http://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #3330

when tok got smoke come out.. its that cold..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.