HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #3586

ermmm dunno if i can post this here. any taken turbojet before? i wanna take it and go back from Macau to HK during midnight.

However, it states on the website that is HK-MACAU, MACAU-HK. thus wanna enquire if the HK refers to kowloon or HK Island only?

I will be staying at Kowloon thus dunno if i should take turbojet during midnight, or stay over a nite or take first ferry around 8plus in the night. pls advise thanks!
go to their website, on the left under Service Route Info, under Embarkation Terminals, or here: http://www.turbojet.com.hk/eng/route/embarkation.html

HK wold mean Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal, Sheung Wan.
icequeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #3587

[quote=eD|t|0n;29799788]we were told that if we wan window room then have to pay additional US$10 per night...
Security is much better also..the 1st night is use keys...now is use sensor card...air con is operating well....hot showers this time hard to control the flow so got to get used to it...So i telling my gf...heng we dun be carrot head...pay additional US$40 to get view...anyway just to update u...there is not much good view anyway...becoz opposite side is construction site...

quote]

Hey, so is it USD$10 for $40 more for a window room? Sounds like the hostel is only acceptable if you get the second type of room with parquet flooring and stuff, which comes only with a window room. But then again, it's still cheaper compared to other hotels.
the_gryffindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #3588

ermmm dunno if i can post this here. any taken turbojet before? i wanna take it and go back from Macau to HK during midnight.

However, it states on the website that is HK-MACAU, MACAU-HK. thus wanna enquire if the HK refers to kowloon or HK Island only?

I will be staying at Kowloon thus dunno if i should take turbojet during midnight, or stay over a nite or take first ferry around 8plus in the night. pls advise thanks!
The HK jetty which a bro mentioned is located in Sheung Wan, is on Hong Kong island not Kowloon. It's opposite HK MTR station. If you've got lots of luggage, then take a taxi from the train station and it will make a detour and U-turn to the ferry terminal. Shouldn't cost you more than HK$25.

Alternatively, you can take a taxi from outside the terminal to the MTR station. It should be relatively easy. There are lots of taxis in HK compared to Sg.

Last edited by the_gryffindor; 03-05-2008 at 02:00 PM..
the_gryffindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #3589

hey guys any food recommendations near metropark hotel kowloon?
zerogoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #3590
Master Member

hi guys i just wanna check whats the famous lao zi hao for HK cafe style food. I see its shown on TV and i believe its 2 or 3 storeys.
EquinOoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #3591

hey the gryffindor i quote the following;

It's opposite HK MTR station. If you've got lots of luggage, then take a taxi from the train station and it will make a detour and U-turn to the ferry terminal. Shouldn't cost you more than HK$25.

---> the train station u mentioned is the HK MTR station? and the detour to the ferry terminal here means which terminal?

and i quote the following;

Alternatively, you can take a taxi from outside the terminal to the MTR station. It should be relatively easy. There are lots of taxis in HK compared to Sg.

---> over here u are saying to take a cab from opp the ferry terminal at HK to which MTR station? izzit over to kowloon side?

sorry i am very slow and lousy comprehension

to nickky23, from what i comprehen, if you are going to SZ any day from July 1st onwards, then u hv to apply the visa le. thus if u are going on 28th, 29th June etc then dun need to apply.
w3nGaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #3592

to nickky23, from what i comprehen, if you are going to SZ any day from July 1st onwards, then u hv to apply the visa le. thus if u are going on 28th, 29th June etc then dun need to apply.
thanx to w3nGaL! my 4th annual trip to hk, but only this yr they implment the non visa free to SZ de... sianz .. anyway, will take note of the deadline hehe.
nickky23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #3593

wow then u muz be quite familar with HK liao...haha...

u can read more at this thead for the visa thingy ---> http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=1931564
w3nGaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #3594

Hi casche and w3nGaL, you can see pics of most hk hotels here: http://www.kktravel.com/hk_hotel_sum...el_summary.htm
this link is absolutely helpful! thanz!
nickky23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:43 AM   #3595
Master Member

[QUOTE=the_gryffindor;29808230]
we were told that if we wan window room then have to pay additional US$10 per night...
Security is much better also..the 1st night is use keys...now is use sensor card...air con is operating well....hot showers this time hard to control the flow so got to get used to it...So i telling my gf...heng we dun be carrot head...pay additional US$40 to get view...anyway just to update u...there is not much good view anyway...becoz opposite side is construction site...

quote]

Hey, so is it USD$10 for $40 more for a window room? Sounds like the hostel is only acceptable if you get the second type of room with parquet flooring and stuff, which comes only with a window room. But then again, it's still cheaper compared to other hotels.
it's US$10 per night...so i stay 4 nights = US$40 more lor..
eD|t|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:55 AM   #3596

hey the gryffindor i quote the following;

It's opposite HK MTR station. If you've got lots of luggage, then take a taxi from the train station and it will make a detour and U-turn to the ferry terminal. Shouldn't cost you more than HK$25.

---> the train station u mentioned is the HK MTR station? and the detour to the ferry terminal here means which terminal?

and i quote the following;

---> over here u are saying to take a cab from opp the ferry terminal at HK to which MTR station? izzit over to kowloon side?

sorry i am very slow and lousy comprehension

Actually the Sheung Wan MTR station is just outside the Ferry Terminal. Cabs are plenty just below the Ferry Terminal.

I Hate Rules.
That's Why I Only Made Ten Of Them.

Quote by GOD.
ed_styler83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #3597

hi i am goin hk in 2 wks' time.
is it better to change $$ here in sg or in hk airport or hk bank?
lobstersim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #3598
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lots of the money changers in HK change commission. Better off to change in the banks.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:07 PM   #3599
Master Member

hk dollar at chinatown going at 5.7

i change here... no need to worry when go there..
yamcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:49 PM   #3600

thanks!
may i know which shop in chinatown you went to?
lobstersim is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.