HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2006, 01:26 AM   #376

For dorsett seaview. i will recommend you to do a direct hotel reservation. I suppose it will be a lil cheaper than the rates you have published. I did a check on the website. It stated SGD82 per room per night for standard room. Add additional 10% service charge, and 3% tax. Ard 92+SGD per night.

And of course booking with hotel, more secured i supposed.. haha

jsut my 2 cents
jestin_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 01:33 AM   #377

u mean this one ah?
chk out the rooms urself

http://www.kktravel.com/hk_hotel_sum...d/stanford.htm
Yeah. I know this website. lOl.

But cant really make a decision still tho. any reviews?
Old 23-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #378

I'm planning to get a tour agency to Lantau for one day tour. Anyone can recommend which tour agency should i join?

Is it possible for me to explore myself in Lantau Island? Is it hard to find transport to Mui Wo, Cheung Sha, Big Buddha, Po Lin Monetary, Tai O & Ngong Ping Skyrail?

HK Expert, please advice whether should i join those HK tour or explore myself?

Thanks..
Old 23-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #379
Supremacy Member

Ngong Ping Skyrail?
Not in operation yet.
lowjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #380

I'm planning to get a tour agency to Lantau for one day tour. Anyone can recommend which tour agency should i join?

Is it possible for me to explore myself in Lantau Island? Is it hard to find transport to Mui Wo, Cheung Sha, Big Buddha, Po Lin Monetary, Tai O & Ngong Ping Skyrail?

Thanks..
just explore urself... HK is pretty much like Sg... juz come back last Monday... HK is god damp HOT now... For those going soon, go buy some Sun block lotion... My gf and I become very tan after 1 day in disneyland...

if u do not have airport transfer, you can try the new promotion... HKD300 including 2 way airport express train, 3 day free MTR passes... we miss out on the promotion... when u reach the airport, remember to get the discount booklet... lots of discount vochour there... example, HKD5 off for express train between HK island to disneyland..

the skyrail open today... but take at ur own risk... last sat, during the trial run, the whole rail system stop becaz of a cable car jam before entering the station and the behind cable car almost ramp onto the front... some trial users was trap on the cable car for 1hr...
khee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 05:30 PM   #381
Supremacy Member

if u wanna get day tour, get in in HK. I saw the hotel helpdesk booking for Chang Chou island going at HKD$50 its a lot cheaper.

For Lantau island, its ez to navigate and get there using MTR. So its ok to go on ur own. Esp. now a lot of the people can speak Chinese and English too.

For the Ngong Ping 360 cable car, i remember that the original date of 24th June is cancelled and now held off indefinitely to rectify the problem. You can drop the HK tourism board an email and they can answer u (they are very efficient. replied my email in 1/2 a day).
Old 24-06-2006, 02:13 AM   #382
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not in operation yet.
Oh my. Hope they resume -- or start -- their operation latest by Aug so we can give it a try.

:Later,
Old 24-06-2006, 03:18 AM   #383

Oh my. Hope they resume -- or start -- their operation latest by Aug so we can give it a try.

:Later,
Hais! I wanted to go for that when im there on jul3-10. guess its hard now.
Old 24-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #384

Thanks..
dolphingalgal, Lantau island is way bigger than Singapore or HK Island, mainly mountainous, thus transport issnt that convient. Unless someone here has visited all those places (Mui Wo, Cheung Sha, Big Buddha, Po Lin Monetary, Tai O) by themself in this forum, and have some experience to share, i strongly do not suggest u to travel to these places alone via public tpt/taxi.

Anyway, do check out some Lantau tour itenary here, but seems rather pricy.
http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/...138582l1.jhtml
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #385
tbs

can anyone recommend me what eateries is nice and charge reasonable price in hk? i am going to hk for 11 days on jetstar asia in mid july, pls do provide the address and the famous dish thanks

btw, i book jetstar asia at $290 return airfares including taxes, but if book earlier, can be as cheap as $250, but i found out after i book my tickets that air china and the brunei airline do fly to hk at about $300+ just abit more, so maybe u wan to consider taking china airlines
tbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 03:41 PM   #386
Supremacy Member

can anyone recommend me what eateries is nice and charge reasonable price in hk? i am going to hk for 11 days on jetstar asia in mid july, pls do provide the address and the famous dish thanks

btw, i book jetstar asia at $290 return airfares including taxes, but if book earlier, can be as cheap as $250, but i found out after i book my tickets that air china and the brunei airline do fly to hk at about $300+ just abit more, so maybe u wan to consider taking china airlines
my recommendations are here: http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1328197
Old 25-06-2006, 12:07 AM   #387

For dorsett seaview. i will recommend you to do a direct hotel reservation. I suppose it will be a lil cheaper than the rates you have published. I did a check on the website. It stated SGD82 per room per night for standard room. Add additional 10% service charge, and 3% tax. Ard 92+SGD per night.

And of course booking with hotel, more secured i supposed.. haha

jsut my 2 cents
After u add up the taxes would ard 100+ also. Ya i agreed that book with hotel is more secured however, i had booked thr with octopus travel b4, so far i find that it is reliable and also this website is recommended by one of the mag that i had read. Hmm.. Anyway i will consider booking thr direct or by octopus travel.

Cheers
Old 25-06-2006, 12:09 AM   #388

Btw anyone planning to go hk on 20 july and by jetstar asia? Sian... Jetstar airline fare is high....
Old 25-06-2006, 12:21 AM   #389

just explore urself... HK is pretty much like Sg... juz come back last Monday... HK is god damp HOT now... For those going soon, go buy some Sun block lotion... My gf and I become very tan after 1 day in disneyland...

if u do not have airport transfer, you can try the new promotion... HKD300 including 2 way airport express train, 3 day free MTR passes... we miss out on the promotion... when u reach the airport, remember to get the discount booklet... lots of discount vochour there... example, HKD5 off for express train between HK island to disneyland..

the skyrail open today... but take at ur own risk... last sat, during the trial run, the whole rail system stop becaz of a cable car jam before entering the station and the behind cable car almost ramp onto the front... some trial users was trap on the cable car for 1hr...
I going for 4 days 3 nites... So you have any idea if they gt promo for 4 day free mtr free pass instead?
Old 25-06-2006, 04:36 AM   #390

I going for 4 days 3 nites... So you have any idea if they gt promo for 4 day free mtr free pass instead?
Nope, the octupus tourist is fixed at 3 days free MTR train rides and 2 way AE train. There's also a $20 credit for other transport on the card. Anyway, i doubt u will wan to travel anywhere on day 1 or day 4? And, the 3 days free rides only start from the first day u take a MRT train.
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.