HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #3901

any1 stayed at dorsett seaview hotel b4?
how is it?
1 night for twin sharing cost at?
EoEo-PiPu_PiPu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #3902

very good location but smallish rooms. not joking - small
hobbiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #3903
TsQ
Master Member

i worked in dorsett last time.. ya room damn small.. but very good location.. anyway dont bother with the size.. u go back sleep only.. its clean and well equipped.. and the coffee hse they also hopeless but they also know guest will probably eat out.. last time work there i eat their food since its free.. can puke..
TsQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #3904

thanks for TsQ & hobbiez.

any idea abt the rate per night for standard double room?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #3905

Hi EoEo-PiPu_PiPu, if you are only finding a bed to sleep only and would not mind the rest, you may want to consider the hostels also. They provide very budget price.
juuzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #3906
Master Member

hi just asking.. how do i get from TAI PO to lan kwai fong?

Last edited by Bak_Chor_Mee; 03-10-2008 at 10:07 AM..
Bak_Chor_Mee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #3907

Stanford Hotel offer HKD700 for twin sharing room.Heard that this hotel is near to Dorsett seaview too.
My friend dun wan to stay hostel, they worried abt the security of hostel. Me is ok. They rather spend more to stay hotel
Old 03-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #3908

that was my worry earlier too bec I'm bring along kids... after reading some feedbacks from webs and forum (there's one thread about Dragon Hostel), I decided to give it a try. As advice from one of our bro/sis in the forum, you may go to Youtube to search and see the conditions.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #3909

Hi everyone.. though i think this is my first thread reply.. but i juz went through like 200++ pages of this whole HK thread and i must say it is really very informative and useful.. To reply:

thanks for TsQ & hobbiez.

any idea abt the rate per night for standard double room?
HI EoEo, u may want to check out this website for the rates of the hotels.
http://www.asiarooms.com/hong_kong/index.html

that was my worry earlier too bec I'm bring along kids... after reading some feedbacks from webs and forum (there's one thread about Dragon Hostel), I decided to give it a try. As advice from one of our bro/sis in the forum, you may go to Youtube to search and see the conditions.
Hi Juuzbe, have u stayed in Dragon Hostel before? i have read the reviews as well heard its quite a good hostel to be in. Clean, friendly owners and convinient location.
Fritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #3910

when are you going to HK? i kno now till dec is peak $$, so hotel rates will be higher.
hobbiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #3911

Hi Fritters,

Had not stayed in Dragon Hostel before, and had ever stayed in one hostel in Chungking Mansion before, had a bad experience. That is why I have been pondering very long before giving Dragon Hostel a try after reading the comments about it. In addition, during my period of visit (end Nov), hotels in prime areas are very expensive. Hope Dragon will not disappoint me.

Actually if travellers do not mind the distance that needs to travel to Mongkok or TST, some 5star hotels in Tsuen Wan or the convention centre there, such as L'Hotel or Panaroma.... are worth giving it a try.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:51 AM   #3912
Master Member

If going for budget hostels, suggest Mirandor Mansions rather than Chung King...rooms are better...safety wise it is ok...as lots of backpackers go to such places and the management do take steps to make sure its still an attractive alternative for budget conscious travellers...eg. security guards at lobby, receptionist available till 1+am...

The location is also the most attractive part...u can save alot on transportation as well...
travmufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #3913

Hi Fritters,

Had not stayed in Dragon Hostel before, and had ever stayed in one hostel in Chungking Mansion before, had a bad experience. That is why I have been pondering very long before giving Dragon Hostel a try after reading the comments about it. In addition, during my period of visit (end Nov), hotels in prime areas are very expensive. Hope Dragon will not disappoint me.

Actually if travellers do not mind the distance that needs to travel to Mongkok or TST, some 5star hotels in Tsuen Wan or the convention centre there, such as L'Hotel or Panaroma.... are worth giving it a try.
Hi Juuzbe, although i considered to stay in Dragon Hostel, i decided on 1 called USAHotel which is in Mirandor Mansions. Well both places are in Mongkok and price wise almost the same. Well i too chose tat in terms of reviews from one website but when i read the other website with regards to the one i booked, it has mixed reviews. juz have to cross fingers and hope for the best. Well do enjoy ur trip and rem to post ur experience there..

If going for budget hostels, suggest Mirandor Mansions rather than Chung King...rooms are better...safety wise it is ok...as lots of backpackers go to such places and the management do take steps to make sure its still an attractive alternative for budget conscious travellers...eg. security guards at lobby, receptionist available till 1+am...

The location is also the most attractive part...u can save alot on transportation as well...
Hi travmufc, well i have booked one of the hostels inside called USAHotel, but some reviews indicated that they do not give u the best rooms (with windows) and if u do wan it u have to pay about $USD10 extra per nite, n if u do to youtube to check out the room it is really alot of difference. Well all these stumbled upon me after i have booked the room, so i m not sure how will it turn out. Hopefully it will turn out okie for me.
Fritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #3914

Hi Fritters,
You had confirmed USA Hostel?When you will be going? So have you paid fully? there's a web, http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ng_Region.html, for hotel bookings and also has comments posted stating their experiences in hotels/hostels in various countries, which includes the hostels we both going to stay. Someone there was saying the lift at Mirador Mansion shuts at 10pm, meaning will need to climb the 'freaky' stairs (as stated by those who post in their comments) if they get back after that time. There are also some pictures of the hostels for our reference. For Dragon, I'm not sure if the staircase is as freaky or the lift shuts early at night.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #3915

Hi Fritters, just checked with my sis in law who had stayed in Kowloon Hostel in the same Mirador Mansion. She told me that there is a lift at a little corner for use when the main lift shuts at 10pm. Do not use the stairs. Do remember to check with the security guard the lift whereabout when you arrive the 1st day. Otherwise will 'galang gabok' and panic if can't find any security guard if you happen to go back late after your night shopping.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.