HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2008, 11:47 PM   #3961

oh.....okie
flanker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #3962
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys,just another question..is there much to see and do at the Peak..i was reading and understand that there is a shopping centre and some cafes there..but are they mostly catered to higher end stuff?

reason i am asking is i am trying to catch the peak before and after sunset..so i reckon i will reach around 6pm(is that too late)? to catch the sunset and leave at around 7plus..
i don't think 30minutes will be sufficient for me to get back to TST to catch the symphony of lights right?

thanks for advice again~
hongkong gets dark very early... 6pm its quite dark already.. so i think if u wanna see sunset u might wanna go earlier .. and yah like what other says.. do ur planning abit cos peak can see symphony of lights also
Old 19-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #3963
High Supremacy Member

Hi Fritters,
if taking their airport express, 3 adults' and 2 children's fare already cost >HK$400, not mentioning need to transfer to other lines to reach Mongkok. Heard the cab from airport to town will be about HK$300 only leh. Not sure if it's true. Hope those who had taken cabs from airport to Mongkok lately can advise.
hmms u staying which hotel? i took once from jordan area to airport is abt hk $300++

yah u haf 5 pax, i think its more worth it to take cab. or u can get a quote from yr hotel

for airport transfer..
Old 19-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #3964

hongkong gets dark very early... 6pm its quite dark already.. so i think if u wanna see sunset u might wanna go earlier .. and yah like what other says.. do ur planning abit cos peak can see symphony of lights also
Peak at night not much leh... Symphony of Lights from there all you can see is the running lights on buildings... for full on Laser show still need to go Avenue of Stars there with commentary
juice14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 09:29 AM   #3965
High Supremacy Member

Peak at night not much leh... Symphony of Lights from there all you can see is the running lights on buildings... for full on Laser show still need to go Avenue of Stars there with commentary
yeah, but then ... after everything ... like nothing much actually ... but first timer to hk if wanna see the real symphony of lights then must go tst there la
Old 19-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #3966
High Supremacy Member

hmms taking the mtr, nowadays why they wanna rush in when the ppl inside havent come out ... comparing my last trip, its so different.
Old 24-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #3967

hi all,

can i check with you guys if Stanley is worth going in your opinion? my idea of stanley is a quiet seaside town, with good seaview, relaxing walk and a nice market...is that what it is about?

I understnad it is quite a far journey there, can i know how long does it take?

Cause if it doesn't really justify the distance, i will not go to stanley for my trip.

Thanks for info in advance~
tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #3968
Master Member

hi all,

can i check with you guys if Stanley is worth going in your opinion? my idea of stanley is a quiet seaside town, with good seaview, relaxing walk and a nice market...is that what it is about?

I understnad it is quite a far journey there, can i know how long does it take?

Cause if it doesn't really justify the distance, i will not go to stanley for my trip.

Thanks for info in advance~
IMHO, not worth the trip if u gonna go down all the way just for stanley market/repulse bay...

Unless u are visiting Ocean Park and realise u have extra time in the evening, can drop by since its just a bit further down more. Btw, there is a very nice view of the whole area from the Ocean Park cable car as well.
travmufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #3969

hi, thanks for advice.

can i also ask, how long is the journey to stanley from central?
thanks.
Old 25-11-2008, 07:29 AM   #3970
High Supremacy Member

hi, thanks for advice.

can i also ask, how long is the journey to stanley from central?
thanks.
the bus roughly takes ard 1hr.

repulsebay is quite nice, but then go there take a few pictures and there's nothing much else to be done there.. so go if u haf the time ...

applies to stanley too, i went once and at least i know how's the place like... so its up to u.. i mean like since u're at hongkong liao, try to squeeze a morning for stanley and repulse lor and complete ur itinerary ...
Old 29-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #3971

hi all,

can i also check, if i were to take the star ferry from TST to Wan Chai.

From Wan Chai ferry terminal, what is the best way for me to get to Causeway bay? i think walking to causeway bay from wan chai is actually quite a distance right?"
Old 01-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #3972

my bangkok trip is cancelled thus i have changed it to Hongkong to travel next week and really need some help here.

1) im trying to understand should i stay in kowloon or HK island? kowloon/mongkok is where ladies street is right? What are the places to visit in HK island?

2) recommendations for hotels under SGD150? I have looked at Metro park mongkok, Imperial hotel and Stanford Hotel.

3) Places to visit: ladies street, fa yuan gai, the Peak and where else to go? where are the places to shop for cheap stuff?

4) hotel recommendation for macau for 1 night? not too ex ones..

limited time to gather info and would appreciate any help.
singsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #3973
Supremacy Member

my bangkok trip is cancelled thus i have changed it to Hongkong to travel next week and really need some help here.

1) im trying to understand should i stay in kowloon or HK island? kowloon/mongkok is where ladies street is right? What are the places to visit in HK island?

2) recommendations for hotels under SGD150? I have looked at Metro park mongkok, Imperial hotel and Stanford Hotel.

3) Places to visit: ladies street, fa yuan gai, the Peak and where else to go? where are the places to shop for cheap stuff?

4) hotel recommendation for macau for 1 night? not too ex ones..

limited time to gather info and would appreciate any help.
you should use the interactive itinerary planner in www.discoverhongkong.com since you are in a rush to gather info. the 'walks' cover a few major spots of each location.

1)again, depends on where u wanna go oftenly, from the places you stated in your post, looks like you are going to spend some time visiting ladies st., fa yuen st. so imo you can stay in Kowloon area.

2)just realise this good webby given by fellow butties recently, cheap hostels/hotels located near MTR stations.

3)If you are in a rush, u can just proceed to Citigate building for various factory outlets. If time permits, read thru the factory outlets thread in this sub-forum for more details.

4)sorry can't help you as my last visit there, i went back to HK by the last ferry straight after visiting since morning.

hope you enjoy your trip
chuan3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #3974
Master Member

heh... i also wanna ask any recommendation for cheap hostel or hotel in macau??
Bak_Chor_Mee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #3975

you should use the interactive itinerary planner in www.discoverhongkong.com since you are in a rush to gather info. the 'walks' cover a few major spots of each location.

1)again, depends on where u wanna go oftenly, from the places you stated in your post, looks like you are going to spend some time visiting ladies st., fa yuen st. so imo you can stay in Kowloon area.

2)just realise this good webby given by fellow butties recently, cheap hostels/hotels located near MTR stations.

3)If you are in a rush, u can just proceed to Citigate building for various factory outlets. If time permits, read thru the factory outlets thread in this sub-forum for more details.

4)sorry can't help you as my last visit there, i went back to HK by the last ferry straight after visiting since morning.

hope you enjoy your trip
thank you so much..

do u guys book yr HK hotel thru' Asiaroom etc? anyone book from AsiaTravel b4?
singsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.