HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #391

xiaolaohu:

the dorset seaview is going at SGD 86 per room per night. AND hence, when inclusive of 10% service charge and 3% room tax. . Its less than 95SGD. U might want to do the calculation yourself

Btw. I feel that dorsett seaview is rather out of place. Too far .. Maybe U want to try YMCA Int House? YMCA Int House is very much closer to the Yau Ma Di MTR, as well as towards the ladies market..

You better be fast in ur hotel booking since, it is rather full right now. Summer sales ler~ YEah.

Urm, ohyah. My travel is on Jul 3-Jul10. 8 days 7 Nights. Chose to stay at Stanford Mongkok (Hope it doesnt fail my expecations lah..) For such a tight budget accomodation, guess I cant choose. lOl.Its going at SGD 90 bucks (already inclusive of taxes) from JetAbout. While YMCA Int House, is already full during this period for standard room. Hence I have to take the better room, Tower Room, at SGD 120 nett per room per night. After discussion, we agreed to Stanford Mongkok. Keep more cash to ourselves for shopping! Kekeke

Total I spent on Hotel for the whole stay is SGD630 nett. Going with a friend and hence 315 per each of us. I guess quite worth it.. Unless the hotel sux la. haha. I wernt to travel agencies ytd to do a quick check, and was rather surprised with the price they quoted me. SGD158 per room per night for Stanford MongKok Hotel. =.=''

By the way, the hotel recommended by my Hong Kong friend was Stanford Hillview, whihc Jetabout's rate is at SGD96 per room per night , inclusive of taxes. Maybe U want to call Jetabout? FYI, Jetabout is under Qantas, which means 1 big family with Holiday Tours, Qantas, Jetstarasia .. lOl..

Just give them a call, they will be most happy to help you.
jestin_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 07:37 PM   #392
Supremacy Member

Do take a few photos of the Stanford Mongkok and update us!
Old 25-06-2006, 08:57 PM   #393

Do take a few photos of the Stanford Mongkok and update us!
Yeah. Gonna prepare for my travel intinery.. Havent really plan anything yet. =.=''
Old 26-06-2006, 11:29 PM   #394

for me i planned for jetstar asia with taxes/hotel with all taxes/transport taKING mtr with airport transfer total ard 500 to 530.... now i wondered dorsett seaview convenient or YMCA better? waiting for my fren to go extend passport sg guys very suay one muz always go extend every year, unlike you gers no need so troublesome.
Old 27-06-2006, 01:19 AM   #395

for me i planned for jetstar asia with taxes/hotel with all taxes/transport taKING mtr with airport transfer total ard 500 to 530.... now i wondered dorsett seaview convenient or YMCA better? waiting for my fren to go extend passport sg guys very suay one muz always go extend every year, unlike you gers no need so troublesome.
haha.Icic.

For me, YMCA will be better. Thats why I took a week to decide whether to stay in Stanford Mongkok (its V.Much cheaper) than YMCA Int House's Tower room).

YMCA Int House is much more closer to Yau Ma Tei MTR. While from dorsett seaview, it takes some walking time. And if you decide to take a walk from dorsett seaview towards ladies market, that will be even furthur.

Try locating it on the maps.. My friend suggested YMCA Int House (mtr is around) for conveniency.

Maybe you might want to liase with the hotels directly, try getting a quote from them via email. Compare with the rates you can get from asia rooms/ octopus travel etc.

Check kktraval website for information on the hotels as well

Last edited by jestin_ng; 27-06-2006 at 01:22 AM..
Old 27-06-2006, 03:33 AM   #396

since dorsett seaview'slocation is not really that good so how about dorsett olympic? Is it better?
bh0322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2006, 09:24 AM   #397

dorsett olympic? urm its near the olympic station. But i find it relatively difficult to travel towards mongkok, unless taking mtr/bus. I wanted to cut down on unnescessary transportation. Rely on our trustworthly number 11. KAH - aka - leg.

so if you wanna choose between dorsett seaview / dorsett olympic. I suggest dorsett seaview.

Most prob spend more time walking towards those night markets if staying at dorsett seaview. Accordingly to my friend who frequents HK, its a 10 minute longer route towards ladies market as compared to YMCA Int House. Tiring seh.

Last edited by jestin_ng; 27-06-2006 at 09:26 AM..
Old 27-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #398

dorsett olympic? urm its near the olympic station. But i find it relatively difficult to travel towards mongkok, unless taking mtr/bus. I wanted to cut down on unnescessary transportation. Rely on our trustworthly number 11. KAH - aka - leg.

so if you wanna choose between dorsett seaview / dorsett olympic. I suggest dorsett seaview.

Most prob spend more time walking towards those night markets if staying at dorsett seaview. Accordingly to my friend who frequents HK, its a 10 minute longer route towards ladies market as compared to YMCA Int House. Tiring seh.
yah... dosett seaview is very near to jade market & temple street, but i will consider it very far from ladies street and Fa Yuen Street..

I just came back on 25/06. realised that the ladies street closes quite early this time round... i supposed its due to World Cup?? haha... anyway most of their eateries open 24hrs during the world cup period...

some tips on shopping

Ladies Bags @
Temple street - reasonable price & good quality but less variety
Ladies Street - more expensive but good quality and slightly more variety than temple street.
Fa Yuen Street - cheap prices but quality not that good... wide varieties.

Generally... things @ Fa Yuen Streets are better IMO.
Tee Shirts @ HKD$10-15,
Bags @ HKD$20-$80,
Shoes/Sandals @ HKD$59-$99,
No Brand Jeans @ HKD$19-25,
Watches/Earrings/Hair accessories @ HKD$20-25

Shopping Malls
Langham Place - the things are generally more exp. Shopping malls mah...
Mongkok New City (Mongkok MTR EXIT D2) - alot of small shops that sells ladies clothings and accessories etc.. (abit like our Far East Plaza). Prices quite reasonable too...
There were quite alot of streets performances going on at the area outside langham place during the weekends... consider it quite a crowded place. same goes at Ladies Street

For my 4D3N trip, We bought octopus card instead of airport express card, and did not even finished using the value inside. ($50-deposit, $100-value). so feel that airport express card not worth it...

If you are considering of taking City Flyer A21 (Bus), may want to consider buying the bus tickets @HKD$55 for two tickets; to and fro airport. You can also use octopus card to pay for the bus fare too but will be @ HKD$33 per trip.

Do bring along umbrellas/caps.. the weather is really hot... SUN BLOCK is a MUST!!.
strawwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #399

yah... dosett seaview is very near to jade market & temple street, but i will consider it very far from ladies street and Fa Yuen Street..
Haha.. Erh, have you got ur travel itinerary?? hehe. Do share~~

Btw, which hotel did u stay in? Perhaps we shld have a HongKong Hotels thread. Post info+pics of the hotels. Easier to do referencing huh! lol.

Heard from my frn that jade market, temple street seems to quiet down alot? Not as much things i suppose.

Looking forward for my trip on next mon!
Old 27-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #400

I just came back on 25/06. realised that the ladies street closes quite early this time round... i supposed its due to World Cup?? haha... anyway most of their eateries open 24hrs during the world cup period...

some tips on shopping

Ladies Bags @
Temple street - reasonable price & good quality but less variety
Ladies Street - more expensive but good quality and slightly more variety than temple street.
Fa Yuen Street - cheap prices but quality not that good... wide varieties.

Generally... things @ Fa Yuen Streets are better IMO.
Tee Shirts @ HKD$10-15,
Bags @ HKD$20-$80,
Shoes/Sandals @ HKD$59-$99,
No Brand Jeans @ HKD$19-25,
Watches/Earrings/Hair accessories @ HKD$20-25

Shopping Malls
Langham Place - the things are generally more exp. Shopping malls mah...
Mongkok New City (Mongkok MTR EXIT D2) - alot of small shops that sells ladies clothings and accessories etc.. (abit like our Far East Plaza). Prices quite reasonable too...
There were quite alot of streets performances going on at the area outside langham place during the weekends... consider it quite a crowded place. same goes at Ladies Street

For my 4D3N trip, We bought octopus card instead of airport express card, and did not even finished using the value inside. ($50-deposit, $100-value). so feel that airport express card not worth it...

If you are considering of taking City Flyer A21 (Bus), may want to consider buying the bus tickets @HKD$55 for two tickets; to and fro airport. You can also use octopus card to pay for the bus fare too but will be @ HKD$33 per trip.

Do bring along umbrellas/caps.. the weather is really hot... SUN BLOCK is a MUST!!.
You mentioned about buying the octopus card instead of airport express card... I also going for 4 days 3 nites trip and my fren and I decided to take airport express and mtr to our hotel and we would be very frequent taking the mtr for tt 4 days and MTR right nw gt a promotion: (3 days unlimited mtr trips and 2 airport express trips and HK$20 stored amt) for a total of HK$300 however we also going for 4 days and same situation as u as we find that it is not worth it.. den nw i also dunno whether shld i buy the normal octopus card or tourist octopus carD? does anyone gt suggestions?
Old 27-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #401

You mentioned about buying the octopus card instead of airport express card... I also going for 4 days 3 nites trip and my fren and I decided to take airport express and mtr to our hotel and we would be very frequent taking the mtr for tt 4 days and MTR right nw gt a promotion: (3 days unlimited mtr trips and 2 airport express trips and HK$20 stored amt) for a total of HK$300 however we also going for 4 days and same situation as u as we find that it is not worth it.. den nw i also dunno whether shld i buy the normal octopus card or tourist octopus carD? does anyone gt suggestions?
hmmm... i guess it depends on individual.. for us because we took the A21 bus that's y we feel that its not worth for buying Airport express card...

Last edited by strawwy; 27-06-2006 at 04:10 PM..
Old 27-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #402

Haha.. Erh, have you got ur travel itinerary?? hehe. Do share~~

Btw, which hotel did u stay in? Perhaps we shld have a HongKong Hotels thread. Post info+pics of the hotels. Easier to do referencing huh! lol.

Heard from my frn that jade market, temple street seems to quiet down alot? Not as much things i suppose.

Looking forward for my trip on next mon!
errr.. dun really have a fixed itinerary.. coz not first time to HK... and have visited most of the places of interest before already... My itinerary quite simple... mainly shopping.. and a day in macau...

We stayed at hostel... Hong Kong Budget Hostel.. just opposite the Ladies street and quite near to the Fa Yuen Street (5mins Walking dist).

Jade market is quite quiet.. nothing much to see actually... maybe some china antiques/accessories etc.. there is also a street where there are alot of palm reading stalls... as well as a small street selling XXX stuffs... haha (all these streets are interlink together....) just need to cross the road at the end of the temple street and you see the jade market liao.

Temple street is a smaller version of Ladies street. but things are much cheaper than Ladies st. e.g a bag which i saw at temple st, the lady quoted me $120hkd.. saw the same thing at ladies st and they quoted me $180hkd...
Old 27-06-2006, 06:11 PM   #403

I will be getting the normal octopus card... Since im there for 8 days..

Up to you to decide, as since..you will be there only 4 days 3 nights.

Do make a check of places you will be visiting, via mtr transport. Calculate total approx fare. If you are staying in YMCA Int House/ Stanford Mongkok/Dorsett Seaview... or any similar legends hotel. Take A21. Cheaper. HKD$33 per pax per trip. AEL is costly. LoL. Will be only considering that if my luggage is heavy / i have extra cash at end of the trip.

Hehe. Budget mah.. Bo Bian. Rather have more $$ for food & shopping.

BTW, strawwy : Any recommended food stalls ? Hehehe
Old 28-06-2006, 05:58 AM   #404
Arch-Supremacy Member

btw what is the best budget airline togo HK ah?
jetstar?

and hotel i might be going alone just to walk around
and see got anything to buy lor hehe
i saw the hotel minden and YMCA Intl house
seems like YMCA intl house is nearer to the MTR right?
and more nitemkt to check out i see
the mindern maybe abit on the highside if wanna makan
since i dont go for expensive food
just takecare since i am going alone ehhe

those got stay in YMCA intl house how much is it for a single room per nite?
in HK or sing? thx

btw transport from airport to town like kowloon got public bus right?
or the airport mrt is it expensive compare to taking the cab?
sinc cab can stop at your hotel door step lor
and bus and airport mrt wont

Last edited by pker88; 28-06-2006 at 06:01 AM..
pker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #405

BTW, strawwy : Any recommended food stalls ? Hehehe
hmmm... we r not really in particular for good food... so juz ate along like normal... some of the places that we ate:

Sweet Dynasty 唐朝
Cafe De Coral (DA JIA LE)
Xu Liu Shan Desserts/snacks
Ajisen Ramen
Bai Nian Yu Gang for dim sum 百年鱼港
KFC/Macdonalds
Maxim Restaurant
88 cafe etc...

We did tried some of their roadside stalls... not too bad... haha
Their wanton noodles + roast goose also very nice... *bear in mind that their roast goose may be quite exp* we ordered 1/4 of it and cost us hkd$98..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.